BOXING v MMA

What is more exciting to watch (also taking into account the history) and why?

Boxing is the most disappointing sport in the world, while mma is the most homoerotic. Pick your choice

Boxing.

all the best MMA fights are essentially sloppy boxing matches

Boxing. MMA just got exposed as edgy mandrama.

They both have their moments, honestly.
Clinching and the wrestling aspects of UFC is pretty boring to watch for me.
I like to watch boxing for the footwork, head movement, and I just prefer the use of fist only even though it's limited.
MMA is fun to watch because you have several styles clashing with one another, though MMA fighters are jack of all trades, which isn't as fun to watch compared to someone who has mastered a single discipline. MMA is more violent, but if you measure a sport's quality by how much blood you see on the screen, then you're just an edgelord.

None. Kabaddi is the best.

Nothing better than a good boxing match

Completely subjective and you know it, please stop.

Which is more exciting, Motogp or F1?

Depends which you're into.

I find both boxing and MMA exciting for different reasons. To fully appreciate both you need some sort of understanding of them, but MMA is probably more exciting to somebody with no really understanding of either sport.

MMA has 'some' technical elements, boxing is almost all technical.

thai boxing.

More complete than boxing in the sense that there are more types of strike, and the right amount of physical contact in the form of clinch.

Shame it is not endorsed because thailand is poor as fuck. Also thai stars are almost all manlets.

MMA is more exciting currently, mostly because boxing has no real exciting match ups and years between anything worthwhile while promotions like the UFC usually put on exciting matchups 3 or 4 times a year.

McGregor Diaz 3 is a more exciting prospect than GGG Canelo imo.

That circus show has been and gone. Stop making fucking threads about it

Both are cool.
Boxing has more true athletes and has a great history.
MMA is great to crack open a beer too.

>McGregor Diaz 3 is a more exciting prospect than GGG Canelo imo.

depends

Historically boxing has far and away been the most dominant combat sport for a reason. It was generally exciting, and the rules are designed in a manner to keep fighters in a combative state for as long as possible (as opposed to say, Muay Thai, where working out of the clinch can go for very long periods of time with little resolution)

People act like MMA was something new but it really wasn't, all these sports existed in various capacities but it wasnt until the fertita brothers came along and finally figured out how to market this shit properly that it took off.

That is why today the name "UFC" is synonymous with MMA in general, mma autists will freak out if normies call it "UFC" even when it itsnt *actually* in the UFC, but that colloquialism reflects the reality of the sport: the UFC matters, and the rest doesn't, irrespective of however much autists want to pretend they are "patricians" or whatever they need to feel better about themselves, for caring about something no one else cares about (any small promotion).

The erroneous belief by people who dont really follow either sport is that MMA is "more exciting" - this is a marketing ploy they've swallowed hook line and sinker. Unsurprisingly, I've found that the people that actually religious follow MMA are also boxing fans, and anyone who follows both sports will tell you in terms of delivering on exciting fights its really the same. Each sport is capable of delivering entertaining fights, but the average fight is decidedly not exciting irrespective of what rules it takes place in.

This is because elite athletes are good at athletics, and average athletes are not, period, without any other consideration.

Ultimately the popularity of any given sport is down to its marketing, hence why retard level reasonings like "but its got punches PLUS kicks and elbows!" are specious, because they thought the same thing about every other iteration of combat sport events that have failed to dethrone boxing.

Boxing is ancient and has had many great eras. Currently its fallen into a slump imo. MMA is young and new, and carving out a name for itself still.

Desu i think boxing has lost its class. It's become infected with this fake gangsta bullshit where fighters and coaches all dress and show off like ghetto niggers.
It was very telling when McGregor walked out with nothing but a flag on his shoulders, his coaches in suits, and the supposed best boxer ever came out dress in gold zips with a balaclava

I like both. Boxing is chess and mma is checkers. I love how technical boxing and how much the two guys in the ring have dedicated to master their craft. MMA is fun sometimes too. I love an old fashioned bar brawl.

MMA fighters are really sloppy. I can understand how having to train multiple facets of the sport leaves less room to improve in certain areas but most of the time it's unbearable.

MMA has the bigger highs and the bigger lows, in other words, the exciting mma matches are better than exciting boxing matches but the boring mma matches are more boring too

Literally the opposite IMO. MMA fights are all kind of samey, boxing can be uneventful pillow tap fests but I don't think MMA can ever deliver the spectacle of a Joshua-Klitschko for example.

MMA by a mile. Unless the fight is two big names, boxing is a borefest. MMA isn't held back by retarded rules and refs stepping in every 10 seconds. Plus more memes in MMA. There's a reason MMA has been getting more popular and boxing has been declining rapidly in non Mayweather bouts.

Boxing by miles. MMA is just fuckers humping on the ground 90% of the time

If you're taking into account their history, MMA doesn't come close.

mma cards are better than boxing cards for the most part

but for the actual fight then boxing, some mma fights are the most crazy exciting thing ever then boom.. some faggot takes it to the ground and lays around for 2 minutes to stall the fight