Sup Forumsse

What's your opinion on Muse, ppl? Do you actually agree on them being called a Radiohead copy?

>Do you like em?
>Fav songs?
>Fav albums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bSqEITkCtvg
youtube.com/watch?v=p74g8Pe7qu8
youtu.be/DuqlAmiygV4
youtu.be/T1qzYsESDhc
youtu.be/c901NUazf3g
youtu.be/hucz0qsXEUQ
youtu.be/3NZlwe4bwEE
youtu.be/_9lP1mQT7pM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pretty much soy rock for sure

Good album

also this
they started leaning towards the soy in absolution but the resistance is where it all went to shit

Pretty much this, but I never got much of the hate towards The Resistant. It was a very incohesive lp, but I think the songs stand good by their own. Also, Exogenesis symphony was damn good imo.

Resistance***. idk why i wrote it that way.

Yeah. One of my favourite bands. I do hear some similarities between them and Radiohead, but calling them a copy is a bit silly. You don't call every death metal band copies of each other when almost everything sounds the same, do you?

Fav song: Showbiz or Assassin
Fav album: Showbiz, Origin of Symmetry and Blakc Holes and Revelations on a shared second.

I never understood the comparison with Radiohead.
Muse plays a very strident and rimbombant classical-inspired rock, to me it's like the opposite of Radiohead's drone-y "experimental" music.

I didn't get much of it either. There are ceirtanly some similarities between The Bends and Showbiz, and a couple of tracks in BH&R (Map of the problematique, which is damn good, and maaaaybe Take a bow) may have been inspired by HttT.

idk man that album gives off really tryhard feelings. mk ultra and undisclosed desires were pretty good, but the rest was just eeeeh.
and yeah, exogenesis symphony was good but it really has nothing to do with the rest of the album, would have been great on its own.

People finding them similar to Radiohead are ear brainlets. They share more in common with Queen.

What i dont like about Muse is that they dont have the balls to name the jew.

>What i dont like about Muse is that they dont have the balls to name the jew.

WHAT?

BH&R was their last good album. It went to shit after that

Showbiz and a little bit of OOS is insanely similar to The Bends and OKC-era radiohead. Listen to the Airbag/How am I driving EP, it's pretty much they formula for Showbiz.

Interchanging mind control
Come let the revolution take its toll if you could
Flick a switch and open your third eye, you'd see that
We should never be afraid to die
(So come on)
Rise up and take the power back, it's time that
The fat cats had a heart attack, you know that
Their time is coming to an end
We have to unify and watch our flag ascend
(So come on)

---------

they wont name it but they sure know what they are talking about. Maybe instead of "fat cats" they should have talked about "scheming rats".

You're just plainly racist. Why should it be an antisemite anthem? They're just calling an empowered political and economical figure.

Fuck off back to >>Sup Forums

Do you think they'll ever come back with a good album?

Also, what would you think about a break up and Matt going solo?

>They're just calling an empowered political and economical figure.
So, too chicken shit to call the jew? Got it.

Why the fuck should they be jewish? And even if so, why the fuck does it have anything to do with an ethnic group? You could say the same damn thing about arabs controlling the political situation in the middle east, or white christians in world wars.

WHY THE FUCK DOES IT HAVE TO BE ABOUT RACE. GOD, I HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU

I will never not love them. They are from the same hometown, they are a three piece, Matt is the best frontman rocker in ghe world and has been for a long time, Chris learned the bass very well, and I listen to music not lyrics.

Citizen Erased, Fury, chorus of Stockholm Syndrome, Glorious, Shrinking Universe.

BH&R era is peak Muse.

Hullabaloo Soundtrack is extremely underrated

I was confused at first but I get what you mean about having their best songs before bh&r but that bh&r was their best era. They were so quirky and mysterious and conceptual. (and silly)

Their lyrics were always kind of silly, but they always projected greatly these ideas or concepts and emotions through their music, so I guess I can forgive them for that

i fucked with this

BH&R is lowkey their best album. Perfect middleground between their earlier guitar driven stuff and the synthpop direction they were heading in, perfect blend of exciting scifi war anthems and catchy steadfast love songs.

the 2nd law is their only good album and if you claim otherwise you got pleb filtered and are wrong

Feeling Good is an excellent song, but overall I think of them as dull mass-produced corporate rock with even less soul than Imagine Dragons and Coldplay

You must shit your own chromosomes out in the morning.

They're great, nothing like Radiohead (I like them too). Both vocalist are simply influenced by Jeff Buckley.
Fav songs: Cave, Bliss, Hysteria, Exo Politics, Undisclosed Desires, Panic Station, Reapers.
Fav albums: Black Holes & Revelations, Absolution, The Resistance.

Uno and Plug in baby are music kino

seething

OOS up to The Resistance was a brilliant run of albums but The 2nd Law and Drones are embarrassingly poor, they're in desperate need of a collab with a sensible producer like Brian Eno who isn't afraid to stand up against Matt's more self-indulgent and shitty pop ideas
They also seem to have zero clue how to sequence an album themselves recently too, really they need a whole new creative direction (preferably to go more lo-fi again and ditch the big toys)

They're a decent band, you'll just get called a teenager a lot for liking them. Them being a Radiohead copy is just a meme. Chris and Dom make for a very solid rhythm section.
OOS > Showbiz > Absolution > BHAR > Drones > TR > 2nd Law

Their bassist is great. Otherwise, fuck em.

Agree, it's probably their most original work too. This is pure 'Muse'.

They are all great musicians on their own, though.

they made one of the cooler popcorn covers imo
youtube.com/watch?v=bSqEITkCtvg
>beast mode drumming

I hope so, the 2nd Law and Drones are so underwhelming. I'm also getting sick of the whole "GOVERNMENT'S CORRUPT MATE" nonsense.

I wish I could remember the name of this one online game I played in middle school with the song in it. It had like, these ski-lift/cable-car type things and you had to get it to the end. Damn I want it back

wish i could help user, there is like an infinite number of covers of the popcorn song.
it is probably the most famous song of all time.

Yeah, oh well

What do you think of the Newton Abbot Demo from 97?
Feels like it's missing something... you know?

youtube.com/watch?v=p74g8Pe7qu8

>shirnking universe
>map of your head
>yes,please
>the gallery
>hyper chondriac music
>nature_1
>recess
You're absolutely right,it's one of the best 2000s alt rock albums

youtu.be/DuqlAmiygV4
youtu.be/T1qzYsESDhc
youtu.be/c901NUazf3g
youtu.be/hucz0qsXEUQ
youtu.be/3NZlwe4bwEE
youtu.be/_9lP1mQT7pM
Did you just unironically call these songs more soulless than Coldplay and fucking imagine dragons? I mean I know Muse isn't even near the greatest thing ever but give them a bit more credit man

they have this weird "muse cycle" going on with me
each new album is absolute trash at the time of its release, and the closer their next album gets the more I find the last one growing on me

I still can't stand drones though

>Did you just unironically call these songs more soulless than Coldplay and fucking imagine dragons?
Fucking this, Coldplay have spent their career trying to rewrite Radiohead's High and Dry and the most enjoyable thing Imagine Dragons ever did was the last 30 seconds of Friction.

Hullabaloo B-Sides were the last peak.

Actually, this has happened to me (except i did like The Resistance at the time, and I still do). I've recently found some tracks in The 2nd Law enjoyable. Drones is so silly, tho. Reapers is a great track, but everything else is just terrible