Damn bois

This is fantastic! I don't think you can compare it to the big stuff of the last 2 years or so in competition for best of them all (That said I haven't heard Pet Sounds or a single Beatles album, so maybe it IS better than them, but there's also Red Krayola and ofc Velvet Underground to stop it -- I'd tie it with Forever Changes I'd say though), but this is great! Any other worthwhile Zombies albums? Didn't even know they were a band to be taken seriously til' now.

I've only listened to one other album by the Zombies only once a few years ago, so my opinion may not be valid, but it doesn't even compare. I may need to revisit it out of how much I love Odessey and the Oracle though.

The album I listened to was Begin Here, by the way

Listen to this comp it's got a lot of great songs. Also I wish I could listen to Pet Sounds for the first time again. You're very lucky.

Hung Up On A Dream is the best song on that record.

oh shit i just remembered i sent this girl 'this will be our year' on new years day and she said 'i hope so!' and she lost interest in me like a week later i hate this album now desu

That's so sad, dude

This. Obviously. This song was always underrated

You really should listen to Pet Sounds and everything the Beatles put out. The second half of the Beatles career is mostly 9/10s. At the very least this will give you some serious cultural relevancy. Honestly, not sure how you got into the albums you listed without having heard the Beatles or Pet Sounds

he skipped the plebian phase

If you actually liked music you wouldn't mind being exposed to music that was culturally significant, even if you thought it sucked.

Find a new hobby.

>not changes

fucking pleb

>not Beechwood Park

>Any other worthwhile Zombies albums?

They only released two albums during their original iteration. Years later they reformed and put out a couple mediocre albums. Their debut LP is good but you probably won't like it because it's Beitish Invasion pop rock recorded in 1964/65.

How have you heard stuff like Forever Changes and Red Krayola without hearing a single Beatles album

my nigga
i mean obviously care of cell 44 is the best track but beechwood is a close second

>I haven't heard Pet Sounds or a single Beatles album
Stop posting anytime

OP please carry on not listening to either to trigger the pathetic Sup Forums autist poptimist filth

>poptimist
I don't think you know what this word means. Especially given how you are using it to target at least 2 of the most "rockist" albums ever made.

Beatles are like Popular Music 101. Skipping them is like going to the gym and jumping right into deadlifts without taking the time to learn correct form. Or taking advanced calculus when you haven't studied basic algebra.

i've never really listened to the beatles or pink floyd or some of the other dad essentials and i love love and the zombies stop telling people how to listen to music

At some point, you're just avoiding them to stand out. Just like the obnoxious autistic Beatles fan who rubs them in everyone's face, you're rubbing your non-listening in everyone's face. That's just as bad. What, do you not like fun or something? Beatles are legit great music, stop being a faggot.

Listen to the fucking Beatles dude.. even if you don't like it, it's the foundation of all pop/rock since. Educate yourself.

You can listen to music however you want, I'm not trying to say it's necessary like but there is a significant amount of influence on the zombies from these groups. If you like music, you'll like to see and explore how these musical ideas formed, whether you even like the music or not. It's a simple recommendation based on what you like. No one is telling you what to do, and frankly no one gives a shit.

It's up to you whether you want to be interested in music exploration or just further insulate yourself in your own habits. Don't sperg out for people giving you recommendations, they recommend the music because they like it and think you'll get something out of it too. They could just have easily ignored whatever you said and not taken the time to expose you to art that they like that is similar to what you like. It's one of the most gracious things ever for fuck's sake.

(you)
did you get this from the summer night thread because I posted it

Don't bother with Pet Sounds.
Just go directly to Smiley Smile, or, better yet, The Smile Sessions.

Also check out The Beatles. If you like pic posted, then start with Revolver. After that, just listen to any other Beatles album at random and ignore all the other anons on here.

You might also want to check out Little Games by The Yardbirds, the MONO versions of Piper At The Gates of Dawn by Pink Floyd, and Sargent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles.

Also noteworthy would be Her Satanic Majesty's Request by The Rolling Stones (Either mono or stereo) and The Who Sell Out.