AOTY

AOTY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tmozGmGoJuw
youtu.be/dJ2LZt6hX7M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*blocks your path*

Youre not wrong. It could end up being the album of the decade. I havent been this impressed since 1970 with Bitches Brew.

boring rehash of 80s synthpop

oracular spectacular - 8/10
congratulations - 4/10
mgmt - 6/10
little dark age - 7/10

they did it

who /solid/ here?

SHE WORKS OUT TOO MUCH

>congratulations - 4/10

i thought i hated all indie and pop. and especially mainstream indie pop like mgmt. but this was actually cool

everybody just likes it because of the iconic surfing kitty cat cover but the actual music is boring and derivative and loses every aspect that made them good in the first place

best song

I really like it tbqh (personal 10/10) but everyone’s taste is different

>derivative
Prove you aren't a pseud and explain your reasoning

mgmt know what the hell they're doing

when you say pseud do you mean pseudo intellectual
is this a new buzzword for "person i don't like"

no that's like cuck or nu-[x] or soy or whatever. When I say pseud I mean it. People just shallowly dismiss things as derivative like they know what the hell they're talking about. It's like someone calling something profound and then ending their statement with nothing to back it up

my proof is it sounds like shit

>derivative = shit
nice

then u a dummy nigga

pseud

yeah basically

been a while since Sup Forums got excited about indie rock, feels good

>hey this album sounds good
>wait, this other album sounds just like it. Sounds shit :^)

who are you quoting?

It's what he's (you're) implying.

no it isn't

>my proof that it's derivative is that it sounds like shit

wut Sup Forums never shuts up about indie rock

most derivative things are shit so they're basically synonymous yeah

That's unrelated.

even in the literal context it's both derivative and sounds like shit so i don't see the confusion??

This

Listen to any decent 80s synthpop and it'll be better than this album

except youre wrong

Listen to more 80s synthpop and you'll understand

what 80s synthpop sounds like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=tmozGmGoJuw

this song particularly? The Wake
every different song sounds like a comedic imitation of a different 80s synthpop artist

Where is Lazare when you need him

but the songs not synthpop

:/

How can someone be so wrong?

by being so right it rolls over

is me and michael really badly mastered or am i really drunk

FLAC is on soulseek

they're still a band?

You have shit taste
Oracular spectacular - 2/10
Metanoia - 9/10
Congratulations - 9/10
Mgmt - 5/10
Little dark age - 8/10

yiiiikkkeees
imagine actually pandering to Sup Forums this much and forcing yourself to rate abject garbage that high while shitting on the obviously superior album
you don't have to force musical stockholm syndrome on yourself to fit in dude

what reason do you have to justify rating OS that low

I dont like any of the songs in it besides indie rokkers. Even worse, most of the songs actually fucking annoy me

I dont give a fuck about this faggot leftist reddit board the only reason i am even on here today is because i like LDA you faggots have shit taste and i wanna gas the faggot commies on here

consider me trolled epic style

Yep im totally trolling you. Retard

you guys rate congratulations way too generously and thats probably because every other album wasn't good.

OS was made for the 3 hits and MGMT was just a big mess.

LDA is easily the best they've done ever.

>We Don't Care EP 8/10
>Oracular Spectacular 7/10
>Metanoia 8/10
>Congratulations 9/10
>MGMT 6/10
>Little Dark Age 8/10

look into your heart, you know it to be the truth

Dude the only song on congratulations that isnt good is lady dadas nightmare. Siberian peaks is great, its working is great, flash delirium is great, brian eno is great, i found a whistle is great. What is your problem with those songs?

The absolute state of this post.

dude c'mon, it ain't 9/10 good.

>Oracular Spectacular
6/10
>Congratulations
7.5/10
>Stylz Unlimited
8/10
>Little Dark Age
6.5/10

You forgot the best track, the title track.

I like it. I can agree that besides LDA and our disagreement on congratulations their other stuff isnt good though

you niggas need to go listen to the we (don't) care EP right fuccin now

that shit is glorious synthpop

i just feel people tend to skew opinions on particular albums when the context of every other album is sub-par.

sort of bigotry of low expectations. I've never been a dedicated fan of MGMT, so for LDA to be the first album to be excited about to me speaks to how theyve finally gotten their shit together for a whole album.

I got it queued ill listen to it tomorrow. I hope its not like OS user

Yes, and they just released their best album by a landslide.

nah it's not a party music sound, it's just some weird sounding synth pop that works for them. Just becuz is a standout track on the EP but all five tracks are hits imo

Its basically synthpop they made in college. That album is most similar to LDA. Its actually pretty good and shows their pop talent early in their career even though they were mostly just fucking around youtu.be/dJ2LZt6hX7M

its sounds like a bunch of basic FL studio presets

They actually made those in college to take to the extreme popular indie pop tropes and they became college anthem pretty soon, before and during that they were already psych fanatics tho and got to it on congratz.
Also they would've left those three singles but then they got contacted by columbia and made OS (with actually poppier versions of the og singles
At first they even debated if they wanted to make that pop they were mocking, but in the end with congratulations and s/t columbia has shown to give them plenty of freedom

>boring

I'm happy for people who are loving but honestly I don't understand what the big deal is. Sounds like an Ariel Pink B-sides album to me. Congratulations was so rich with it's instrumental arrangements and weird key changes. This kinda just feels like another band kneeling to the tacky 80's revival trend

>EP higher than debut
It's basically a demo version of the album