youtube.com/watch?v=bF2NxpSvwR8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=40HhaIJ0QVw
youtube.com/watch?v=AmR5LoyZ4jw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>all open fire at the exact same time, aiming for different body parts
>he can't possibly block them all at once
>star wars ends before it begins

would've been better if it cut from 0:36 to a single shot on the door from outside with the hand waving the plans and then a spray of blood with a dismembered hand holding the plans but with the same sounds, maybe throw in "open the blast door! open the blast door!" which turns into "close the blast door! close the blast door!" as vader gets closer in P O T T E R Y to ANH

that's the worst fucking idea i've ever heard

god damn that cgi leia looked fine before she looked up

What? Are Vader and stromtroopers in the open hangar? Why aren't they blown out into the open space?

Im not a fan of star wars but this is honestly the only thing I've ever seen from any of the movies where it feels like there's real people with real stakes and real motivations involved

Would've been better if all the characters escaped the planet and they were the ones in that hallway. Vader would've came across as a lot more badass and scary to just fucking murder all of the main characters within the span of fifteen seconds just when we thought they were safe.

metallic boots

Yeah they looked capable of coordinating that.

space shields

Some manner of force field

>RLM trying to make me feel bad for enjoying THE FUCK out of the 4 minutes of vader screen time

can't happen bois

Great stuff, exactly like the Preq. and TFA ruining Star Wars with every moment they put on the screen. Can't wait for the next one, it's gonna be shit for braindead faggots forever.

If you feel bad because you'r having a different opinion then RLM, you have serious autism.

I didn't want Vader in the movie mostly because I thought it would detract from the "normal-guy" perspective of Rebel grunts to, once again, have a space wizard showboating around. Turns out I was right, but it was still fucking awesome.

>help us or you're not getting the plans.

wow

it's a kids movie

Why was Leia even there?

The Admiral went out just to show he could, why did Leia, a random low level political figure go out into an active space battle just to sit on a ship within a ship to say the word "Hope"? They had no idea the plans were there before the rabbit chick said so mid-battle.

Why didn't Vader just force lightning the entire hallway?

would have been better if it happened earlier in the film instead of the 'oh, film's almost over, better stick a lightsaber in' that we got.

Organa literally says he is going to get someone he trusts to help deliver the plans.

BRUTAL

The movie completely failed at delivering the most basic emotions you get from watching characters develop across a 3 act story. At this point in the movie we're already balls deep in salvaging what little enjoyment we can from the shallow action scenes. There is nothing wrong with liking the vader hallway scene because of this.

Can't believe retards actually think this is good

Oh wait they're Star Wars manchildren from reddit

He is unarmed

What didn't you like about it, user?

WOW TOTALLY EPIC
DUDE DARTH VADER LMAO

I don't know.
Now I can more easily disregard claims that I only like the movie because VADER VADER since I loved the movie before that scene happened.

>Why aren't they blown out into the open space?
Space is a flat circle.

i'm saying i enjoyed it goofball.

Poor last minute attempt at trying to cram in fanservice while being "epic" and "edgy" after a failure of a movie.

Scenes like these are a perfect example of how great all the other star wars movies could've been if Lucas hadn't micromanaged everything.

This is the only scene in the entire fucking saga where Vader actually looks threatening and evil.

The only good part of the movie. And the only reason people like it, besides the space battle.

If you say anything else was good you're
memeing.

Yeah, but I mean, what specifically didn't you like about it? Sure it's fanservice, but what about the composition or the events which took place didn't you like about that scene?

It's popular.

Vader cannot use force lighting? Why? Because he's a fucking cyborg and cannot possibly channel electricity from his robot arms without fucking them up.

RLM drones think they are stealthy

Humans cannot possibly channel electricity from human arms without fucking them up.

What a reddit scene. Lowering Vader to prequel level.

I REBELLE

He has no idea. Too many people like it, so being the contrarian faggot he is, he has to voice his distaste for it
That scene is honestly the most menacing Vader has ever been and actually gave me a smile in the theatre

>Disney shill thinks he doesn't stick out like a sore thumb

I know your using the RLM debacle to shill your shitty movie, but try to be less out in the open about it,ok?

also holy shit is that photoshopped

I unironnicaly think RO is the best film in the entire series. No shitty YouTube reviewer or autist on a Chinese cartoon forum will change that.

This is what I wanted as well

Did anyone else notice that vader split the guy he force choked to the roof in half? Was his guts pouring out editing from the movie by disney?

Oh man. Star wars would be pretty good without all this jedi&lightsaber crap.

>>all open fire at the exact same time, aiming for different body parts

Wow, no wonder America has lost every single war they've ever been in.

i hate you

I think most of RLM's criticisms of RO are right and I loved the Darth Vader hallway scene. It's by far the best part of the movie.

>I unironnicaly think RO is the best film in the entire series
It is. The OT is boring as hell and lacks any real lore to make up for the borefest. The Prequels are filled with cgi and just silly children movie moments for no reason. TFA is like a better A New Hope, but still is just a remake and brings nothing new. RO is actually pretty good for the type of movie it sets out to be. It's not a movie about Jedi, but the actual fighters of the resistance.

No blood in Star Wars. Blaster bolts and lightsaber wounds cauterize instantly.

I would've found it funny if most died down there, but like two people only barely got away only to get sliced in half by Vader.

No.

Blood gets smeared all over Finn's face in the first minute of Episode 7

So do you just hate Star Wars in general, or the fact that Darth Vader killed a bunch of people in the movie?

Honestly this is what people want to see. People want to see a Vader unleashed movie. The OT was great, but you really don't see him letting loose and slaughtering people. Is that the best direction to go? Probably not. I think Star Wars has the same problem horror movies have. Old horror movies were great because of the tension, not because you see blood and guts. But at the end of it you kind of want to see the bad guy go full psycho.

Take Halloween for example. The horror wasn't so much in the blood in guts, it was in Myers himself. So they redid him because people wanted to see a brutal serial killer. The Rob Zombie remakes didn't do so well because they pandered to the crowd.

Possibly the same thing with Darth Vader and Boba Fett. People knew they were bad asses and have urges to see a movie with them in it being badasses, but once you get it, it's meh.

It's like sex. The anticipation of it is better than sex itself. People put pussy on such a pedestal, but once you get it, it isn't that big of a deal. It's good, but not what you fantasized about.

>the only reason people can disagree with me is because
>racist [ ]
>sexist [ ]
>contrarian [x]
never mind the fact that it's a contrived pile of shit designed for fanboys to gush over while everyone else looks on and says "this is really hacky writing"

Holy moly.

>I REBELLE
Well now you've confirmed you haven't seen the movie and are talking out of your ass.

It completely fucks the tone of the movie. The bad guy slaughtering the good guys in a heroic sacrafice movie should not be framed as an epic badass moment.

It's senseless fan masturbation that completely undermines the kind of story being told.

I really don't get the new slow battles they are going with.

The best thing about the prequels were all the quick action battles.

youtube.com/watch?v=40HhaIJ0QVw

This is so much better. The new fights looks so slow and fucking boring. Even the lightsabers don't blur they just look like glowing sticks it sucks ass.

Ok, this movie wanted me to side with the rebels and then it adds this scene that makes me side with awesome vader, seems weird

the uncanny valley shoops scare me

I assume the wound was instantly cauterized but then again in ANH the guy's severed arm was all bloody so I dunno.

There's something weirdly anti-climactic about how this scene happens AFTER Jyn and Cassian have died.

It feels tacked on, like it was just added in reshoots, and it feels like they could have done something to reorder the scenes and make it work better.

I like you user. Stay safe.

I mean, the whole theme of the movie is underdogs winning without a chance in hell, and that chance stays slim-to-zero all the way up until this final scene. The payoff is that these grunts still manage to evade the unstoppable space wizard and get the plans to Leia.

How is it bait? If you haven't noticed when they do it in real life it's using the fast saber technique, it's far more entertaining than watching some pleb force choke his way through an entire fight.

youtube.com/watch?v=AmR5LoyZ4jw

>racist [ ]
>sexist [ ]
>contrarian [x]
>Mu sjw boogeyman

You still never answered the question asked

>never mind the fact that it's a contrived pile of shit designed for fanboys to gush over
Everyone wanted that scene. Vader is supposed to be Sheevs right hand man and the most feared in the Galaxy, but we've never got an actual glimpse until that scene

>while everyone else looks on and says "this is really hacky writing"
Nobody besides contrarian fags such as yourself thought that. Everyone else thought "Wow this is a pretty exciting scene!"

Thanks man. I enjoy big titties.

>Everyone else thought "Wow this is a pretty exciting scene!"

Pleb fodder.

It was just paint

is soft reboot something redlettermedia came up with because it's the definition of modern mainstream cinema

He can deflect blaster shots using force.

>music gradualy turns into imperial march theme
>suddenly change completely again
otherwise a fucking amazing scene
seeing vader demolish rebels was great

>I prefer talkies from the 1930's
Was the scene just too much for you?

Nah, I think film journalists came up with that.

I agree, and it's the trap of every movie that is some sort of reboot or late sequel.

You have to realize a bunch of people sit around a board meeting and discuss what they should do with their newly acquired franchise.

"Hey we just bought Star Wars and intend on making some new movies, what do we put into it?"
Well, we read things on the internet, and we believe this is exactly what people want. We can't piss of nerds by rewriting it completely. Throw in some safe stuff for the kids to sell toys, then throw in some bad ass Darth Vader killing people.

It's not movie making anymore. It's just shitting out a movie that has the backing of previously successful franchises and giving everyone what they want while raking in cash hand over fist.

This is why all this new big blockbusters are just old movies "re-visioned". Comic book movies, Alien movies, Jurassic Park movies, fucking Blade Runner and Ben Hurr. Robocop, Total Recall, Terminator, Ghostbusters.

Old movies that took risks by being different and being brilliant.

You tell em Jenny

>>I prefer talkies from the 1930's
Not that user but there are films from the 1930s that are more entertaining than Rogue One.

> Go to see Rogue One on Christmas
>During this scene, some asshole was watching the ravens/steelers game on his phone.

Theaters are trash.

>he thinks Vader should be a force sensitive John Wick
this is how I know you're a manchild. Vader isn't a saturday morning cartoon action hero, he's a conflicted villain. that's where Lucas screwed up and it cheapened the entire SW universe. the action isn't important by itself it needs good characters and motivations. TFA and RO are the same toy commercials as the prequels just with different directors

>>Old movies that took risks by being different and being brilliant.

Absolute garbage all those old movies that took risks were hated by the studios and box office failures at the time of release.

Go ahead, name 10 movies like this except Star Wars 4.

>all those old movies that took risks were hated by the studios and box office failures at the time of release.
Except for Blade Runner, every movie that user listed was a box office hit.

Game was better than the film.

The original Star Wars took risks not in storytelling but entirely in visual effects. Everything else was derivative. In order to continue telling stories within that universe, you're beholden to the landmark aesthetic it set. As much as Lucas crows about the industry being a sausage mill, it always was. That hasn't changed with the Disney takeover at all.

I'm not saying I don't want studios to take risks with new IPs, but if you're going to work with an established IP, make it look and feel like the material which came before.

What is he thinking right now?

Those stupid fucking helmets

>clearly not all went to target
I think RO was bad but you're just being retarded.

>going to movie theaters in the US

why would you subject yourself to that

>waaah muh vader isn't exactly like he was in the OT
>how dare they make him use his lightsaber!

>record scratch

>a bratty pseudo Vader in TFA can stop a laser shot
>Vader can't

No, it's pretty clear what a soft reboot vs a reboot is.

A soft reboot is a movie that comes out based on the franchise of movies that came out years ago, but technically a sequel. However, it's the same exact movie that acknowledges the previous movie.

The Force Awakens is a soft reboot, because it's the same exact movie but they didn't just erase what happened in the past. Rogue One is just a regular prequel. Another example of a soft reboot is The Thing, which kind of does it in reverse. Jurassic Park is another one. It's a passing of the torch movie, retelling the original story and the characters and actors that existed in previous movies still exist in this new movie.

A reboot is just erasing everything and retelling the story. Ghostbusters, Robocop, Halloween, Judge Dredd, Total Recall, Spider-Man...

more like
>hack writers make a good character cheap and get called out on it
>"wahhh they're attacking my shitty toy commercial mommy make it stop change dipey"
that's you.

It's the best because the rest of the movie is mediocre.

deflecting laser shots is cooler than stopping them mid-air, so you're autismo k thnx

Then why are the remaking them?

What story, when you break it down, isn't another story retold. Go ahead and spin me a tale that some autist on this board won't tell me that it isn't just a rip off of some Japanese anime, the retelling of some ancient religious belief, or a rehash of some Victorian author.

The reason everything is a sausage mill is because they retell these stories that everyone has heard a million times, but under a new banner.

>Unarmed

Hahahahah