This had so much potential.

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iOdTeT1xUQQ&ab_channel=cashdubbed
youtube.com/watch?v=9X6tCHfwr2U&ab_channel=X-MENEmpire
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

horrible miscasting

>The poster makes it look like a star wars movie

Should have kept all the extra orc stuff in the movie from the beginning it was great. At least all of the races and the world looked right. Just could have used more fantasy and time with world building along the way

Ok let me explain this to you fucking idiot teenagers. It's meant for Chinese people. That's why everything seems off or not quite right. Any gains made in domestic box office was just a bonus.

Nothing

Travis Fimmel could tell he made a terrible mistake signing onto this movie he phoned it in worse than Vikings S3.

it's like watching one long video game cut scene, way too much cgi and 2 human actors.

>A nig nog queen
>Chinese People

Hmmmmmmm something isn't adding up here

it didn't have potential at all
vidya movies always suck
I still kind of liked it though

It was better than I expected.

I enjoyed it. I was gonna buy it in blu-ray next week.

CGI. also warcraft is gay.

Orcs too big.
Can't take a fight between orcs and humans seriously when there's such an enormous size difference.

The opening was apparently an homage to the warcraft 3 trailer, but while the orc and the human actually traded blows in the warcraft 3 trailer, they had to cut to black as soon as they made contact in the warcraft movie because you can't make a serious duel between the orcs they created for that movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=iOdTeT1xUQQ&ab_channel=cashdubbed

youtube.com/watch?v=9X6tCHfwr2U&ab_channel=X-MENEmpire

It was 10 years too late.

At the height of WoW this would've been amazing.

Then again, 10 years ago the CGI wouldn't have been realer than real life.

Travis Fimmel always acts like he just did LSD;

I enjoyed it though.

too much plot in a 2 hour movie.

The only real complaint I have with it is that it felt rushed. They should have done it all from the humans side and had the orcs just be a group of rampaging savages for the most part. If they insisted on having orcs as a focus they needed to set up orc life on draenor more but that would have probably had to have been done in a movie before this one and it wouldn't have sold nearly as well.

>This had so much potential.
>What went wrong?
Describes everything Blizzard has touched for the last 10 years.

As someone who has NEVER played any Warcraft games, I thought it was a fun film that made a change

this
Also it really needed a lord of the rings-esque opening scene which lays out some brief history of the world of warcraft
non gamers wouldn't have a clue

As a massive Warcraft fan since Orcs & Humans, I thought the movie should have been more mysterious, like the beginning of the franchise. The humans don't know where the Orcs came and the Orc side should have been still infected with the fel. Establish the world and Alliance properly here, then in the sequels start to bend the story with Orgrim and Thrall with Orcs returning to their roots with probably second ending with Thrall and Orcs setting to Kalimdor. Then third go to the point where Alliance and Horde need to forge alliance to defear the Burning Crusade.

Would have been perfect tbqh. Now it's just trash.

Warcraft lore is a dumb mess that not even the writers can get straight. If anyone knows about the Draenei debacle, you know exactly what I mean.

the movie was ok

I remember.
>originally supposed to be reformed Eredar (working name "eudaemons")
>Metzen forgot all his Eredar lore and decided to make them yet another good race that got corrupted
>now draenei are the surviving "pure" Eredar
>add a bunch of bullshit about how the draenei we saw in TFT were degraded Eredar
>now these "real draenei" are alien refugees who somehow managed to name their new adopted planet after themselves even though orcs probably had a name for it already
>all this instead of just keeping the TFT draenei as the native inhabitants of Draenor while making the space goats reformed Eredar and giving them a new name

I keep wishing for a questline where we find out the Eredar race really were demons all along and the ones we play were transformed by the Naaru. And the backstory we thought we knew is just a closely guarded secret among them because they don't want other races to know they were originally demonic before being infused with the Light like that dreadlord in Legion.

But of course Blizz is too braindead for that shit.

>At least all of the races and the world looked right.

Lol?
>niggers
>sand niggers
>the elves were all asian and didn't even look like night elves in some cases
>even the humans looks like shit (the king)

Are you blind?

The humans where boring as hell, only two exeptions where the person who played Khadgar that was bretty fuckin nice and Lothar who I wished was played by some one else but I can take it.

Not to mention the humans where live action, like why? and the photo realistic Orcs while pretty damn impressive is abit unessary, I would of been alot happyer if the whole lot was more cartoonish looking but kept the more serious tones.

Other than the action bits and some nice khadgar moments I liked the moments that showed there realy was a language barrier between the two, Duncan tried his best but as much as I like the movie and the games its about a 6/10 or at max a 7.30/10

Pacing. Cut too much for a cohesive plot or to grow an attachment to characters.

Acting was atrocious.

Those were high elves we saw, and the night elves were all in hiding at this point in time

>This had so much potential.
No it didn't.
>What went wrong?
See above.

Whoops, you're right. But even then my point still stands, they looked like asians and not elves.

I think they should've started with the third game(and split it into three or four movies) and treated the previous games as prequel stuff. the third game had Arthas who they can make the movie around.

with some changes

>first movie is Arthas, together with Jaina and Uther, saving Lordaeron from the initial Undead attack by defeating Kel'Thuzad
>second is Arthas' fall. the purge of Stratholm and his fight with Uther.
>third is him taking Frostmourne and slaying Malgannis
>end of human trilogy
and so on. his side of the story ends, for the moment, with him going on quest to become the Lich King. Thrall's and the Night Elves storyline and Archimonde's defeat follow, then back to Arthas again.

>no undeads