youtube.com/watch?v=v4ZFyEbRnlQ
clyp.it/bqytb3nz
youtube.com/watch?v=MlW7T0SUH0E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>hollow edition
>pic is a semi hollow

I want a meme guitar of my very own

oops

i am hollow. thats why the "hollow edition".

that's a Dumble behind him

haha

That looks unbelievably stupid. Why would anyone want a guitar like that? Unironically asking. Like what are the pros of even owning a guitar like that?

Are these Hal Leonard books any useful? I don't care much about learning hit songs but learning about some guitarists's styles sounds pretty cool, and they have a series of books on it.

Also I read their jazz standards book is the best thing ever but it's for C tuning?

You're not hollow sam, you're just blown out from the trannies.

who?

C tuning, as in non-transposing instruments (guitar, bass, piano, banjo, cello, bassoon.) Don't worry too much about it; books for C tuning are what you want as a guitarist.

The Hal Leonard Real Book is the one of the most easily attainable jazz standard 'fake books' and thus it is a popular tool for music school students and a useful quick reference for jam sessions, but I've noticed one or two errors with how certain melodies and chords are notated, so just be aware of the limitations of the format.

That just means that everything is written in concert key, so the same as for guitar (well, an octave above, but that doesn't matter) as opposed to sheet music for trumpets or saxes, which must be transposed for the respective key, it has nothing to do with C tuning on a guitar

Don't worry, I'll check your quints for you.

tips for singing and playing? I keep singing with rhythms that follow they rhythm i strum at and it's dumb. also songwriting tips?

i dont understand that sentence very well but jacking off to trannies 5 times a day must have something to it

>tips for singing and playing?
practice with a metronome. practice strumming rhythms to a metronome, etc
>also songwriting tips?
learn the basics and try to absorb and learn stuff from the music you like

rate songwriting attempt

vocaroo.com/i/s1kjWu6m8Fhn

vocaroo.com/i/s1cajox0hfBa

first one is the intro to "more than a feeling" backwards and then noodling, second one is all noodling

What do I have to learn to be able to write riffs like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZRN_tT0pP3Y

Kick boxing.

You have to survive an Isis attack

i really cant tell

Alright thanks, I thought it meant open C tuning on guitar, which really sounded weird for a jazz book.

Josh Homme wasn't there when that attack happened.

Drop D tuning? Learn about intervals

lol
Is that a 335? Looks quite small.

its made to be comfortable and playable rather than look like something youre used to

he's a big guy

ISIS FAILED TO LOCATE JOSH HOMME

PRAISE JOSH HOMME

nut and saddle's cracking/chipping off. is this supposed to happen?
had this guitar for 3 years now

John Mayer is a big boy ()

technique's aight but your melodies are repetitive
listen to more music

you gotta learn how to be f u n k y

>technique's aight but your melodies are repetitive
>listen to more music
what about the actual songs (sketches)

for you

>nut and saddle's cracking/chipping off. is this supposed to happen?
Yes, but not after three years. Do you live on a dry zone? Or was a used guitar?

dry zone, yeah. temps can go 40+ celsius sometimes

second one has more potential

Keep the guitar on its case if you are not using it. Is not too much protection, but it is better than exposing to the weather.
Now that you have to change the nut, try to find a natural material. They resist better the changes and they are not so expensive as you may think. Uncut ones, obviously.

hey /gg/ is there a guitar with the action so low you barely need to press the strings? I've only played cheap electric guitars, up to a mim strat. i'd like to know if there are guitars out there who truly play very well and barely require any pressure

you could get a Jackson or adjust the action on a guitar you already own

Any guitar with jumbo frets and flat radius. Hagström guitars are very easy to play. The resinator fretboard is extremely flat and easy to play, but they don't use jumbo frets. If you have coins, Vigier.

aight, thanks. was about time I do some maintenance on this thing, actually

anything from Ibanez

you set them up like that user...

guess the song
vocaroo.com/i/s1HyzmEtTfNr

Is it true that expensive guitars (Gibson, high end Fender etc.) are a meme and that the pickups they come with are usually low quality shit worse than 50$ pickups?

only non american fenders

who /rhythmlet/ here?

I've already set up my guitar, lowered the action quite a bit and while it's better than before it's not perfect. Although I don't know what makes a guitar perfect or just how low it could go on certain models.
Thanks dudes I'll check them out next time I go to the store

Aww, user. Almost everyone. What do you want to play?

I was learning the e harmonic minor scale, and I saw a video of some guy playing an old classic jazz song that had chords looking similar to that scale. Should I learn that song?

This
songsterr.com/a/wsa/conseulo-velasques-besame-mucho-tab-s403618t0
i can play it slowly but when i try at real speed i miss like half of the percussive hit

Gibson charges over 1000 dollars for breaking headstocks. It's possible they charge extra for sorry-ass picvk ups

Just set up your guitar like that you fuckin retard, guitars aren't made for the action to be at a specific spot. A MIM is also not a "cheap" guitar.

Have you seriously just been playing guitars with shitty factory setups?

No but you start to see diminishing returns from those two around $1500.

thats a steel string singer but i heard there are technicians doing minute copies of it. could be a fake one.

Also if you set it too low, on any guitar, the strings will just buzz incessantly

It has quite a straight forward rhythm, user. You just need to practice more. How are you doing the "percussive hit"? It's not signaled as a hit, just as not fretted notes.

sure

I kinda hit the strings with the side of my thumb not sure if it's the correct technique

vocaroo.com/i/s1EOkytitGbK

wat

Kinda like this
youtu.be/Nh2thwnNbu4?t=36s

rate
vocaroo.com/i/s0NkFRiJ8ObV

this rocks youtube.com/watch?v=A82pKNNnnYE

He is doing several things. If you can't do any of those in time, get to something that you can. You only need to mark the rhythm. Strumming the guitar without fretting the notes is enough. Everything else is just visual show.

But i find strumming the notes harder than just slapping them, might be because i'm playing on a classical

Not using a pick ---> hit with the outer part of your thumb

>wearing the strap like that
he's gonna need a full tube of diaper rash creme

If only they weren't overpriced as fuck.
You can quite literally get it done locally for less.
Also, their quality isn't as good, the quilted/flame tops are just randomly selected from a batch and the stain is done quickly, not quite the job you'd expect at that price point.
>2k usd for asia made youtube clean tapping meme

You're paying for their branding, but they are not low quality.
Their pick ups are not low quality, they are properly waxed, coiled, and properly wired. Some people dislike Gibson using pcb mounted electronics, but imo that ensures consistent quality.
If you unmount and disasemble chink made pick ups or low quality picks like those that get their names printed for Indo or Korea made models from schecter, jackson, squier, epi (although epi claims made in usa pick ups), and so on, you'll see how badly coiled they are, the wires might be all stranded, cheap ceramic magnets underwound to be like cheap alnicos, pots, jacks and so on all soldered together in a rush job, etc.
Sure, you're paying extra for the name, and they have QC issues sometimes, but it's not the total meme people claim them to be.
Only way to avoid paying extra for branding and getting quality is literally building your own or buying second hand. No new guitar in a showroom is there without part of it's cost being advertisement.

I really like the MHS pickups in my Gibson, too bad everything else about the guitar is a piece of shit.

You can always go the DIY route

>No new guitar in a showroom is there without part of it's cost being advertisement.
True, user. Everyday people think they are being "smart" by just considering the materials involved in the process, forgetting all the other things. And the profit.

Hello /gg/entlemen, I'm buying my first electric guitar soon. I'm thinking between the following guitars, from the least expensive to the most expensive:
>Yamaha Pacifica 112J
>Used mim strat
>MIJ ST62/ST57 strat from the 90s
Which one should I get?

post your ebin pedalboard

could this use more layered guitar tracks? youtube.com/watch?v=v4ZFyEbRnlQ

What about an amp? Get the Yamaha and a good amp.

MIM

if it's in decent condition and set up well you may never need to upgrade it

Ouch

Either Yamaha THR10 or Vox VT20X

>MIJ
hands down better resale value

THR10 and the mim, if you have the coins. But don't worry if you get a Yamaha combo, it's good enough.

get the cheaper guitar and an ac15

monoprice guitar tube amp

I live in an apartment, a tube amp will probably be too loud

>youtube.com/watch?v=v4ZFyEbRnlQ
masterpiece

They make small tube amps homie.

I know, but I've still read that 1-5W tube amps might be a bit too loud. I wanted to test that in a shop today, but they didn't have any tube amps in that power range in stock

tried to play as clean as possible with this problematic guitar.
how'd I do?

clyp.it/bqytb3nz

i live with flatmates in suburbia and i own a 50w jcm 900 with a 4x12 lol.

i don't think an ac15 would be too loud but yeah as said there are even quieter tube amps out there that still sound great.

Pleb. You're getting pretentious about guitar related stuff, one of the easiest instrument there is, that was relegated to the lowest ranked most disgusting peasants for hundreds of years.
t. classical pianist
Now that's out the way, I already set up my guitar to play good, I was just wondering if there were big differences in terms of playability across brands/models since I haven't played many guitars in my life.

What about Laney Cub 12r then?

>comfortable
>all that pointy shit

You should know it's because it doesn't have enough volume to fill a big room.
Anyway, I assume you were talking about electric guitars. Do you want to play a classical guitar or a folk/western guitar?
>one of the easiest instrument there is
Try to play a fugue on guitar.

Are you trying to seduce me?

Chacarrón
youtube.com/watch?v=MlW7T0SUH0E

I had a 5 watt tube amp and lived in an apartment. It still was way too fucking loud to be usable at nice tube levels (breaking point).
This might sound like I'm exaggerating, but you want something that steps down to 1/4 or 1/8 of a watt in order for it to be used properly (i.e. get that cranked tube sound at low volumes).
The Vox amps have like some sort of master volume that works like that, so you can crank it up but lower the volume. And I think their 4 watt TV amp has a switch down to 1/4.

>It still was way too fucking loud to be usable at nice tube levels (breaking point).
thats where you went full retarded, use pedals idiot.

Hey Mr. tangerine man... Hard G even. Shaking my head, Sammy.

>living in a cardboard box
The attenuator of the ac4 sucks desu.

It's not the same. I mean, I did it anyway, but it's not the same sound putting a distortion/booster/OD in front when the amp is only at 3 instead of the usual 7-9.

Tube amps in apartments isn't a very good idea desu. Play through your computer. This is the one time I would recommend one of those small modeling amps.

>living in a cardboard box
Not much choice in modern places when you live in europe.

This desu, the THR is good.

>modern places
How awful.

Yeah, desu I'm starting to think I'll just grab THR10 and a mim strat and not gamble with tube amps being or not being too loud