Explain this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U76loq-MttU
youtube.com/watch?v=_Pj4L7C2twI
youtube.com/watch?v=7v6uM9GuKZk
youtube.com/watch?v=vTIIMJ9tUc8
youtube.com/watch?v=5GbwfQ9VVGM&list=PLVQn7BQFFIZFBDkIUahVFAmo2jv_rpEXE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If Ballywood is anything to go by, I'd say that Indian pop culture is so alien (and grating imo) that they just don't appeal to us.

most of Sup Forums is american teenagers with taste that doesn't surpass what they are being told to like anyway.

If your nation hasn't produced at least five Sup Forumscore albums then it's worthless musically.

They don't really release musics in the form of 'albums'.

All their talent left the country?

I could've sworn there were some Ravi Shankar albums on some iteration of Sup Forumscore.

Regardless, Tunak Tunak Tun is a banger, don't @ me

>Ravi Shankar
people only care about him because he's a beatle collaber
not his music like six people listen to

>accidentally invents acid house

The overwhelming amount of music to come from the country comes from its film songs. All the classical/folk shit is a small minority and something like Ten Ragas To A Disco Beat (which is called a "private album" in other words an album not with film music which is practically all Sup Forumscore) is even more of a minority. But the film music dominance really puts a hamper on the amount of potential new ideas being explored in the music. That being said, I definitely think that Indian singers in general tend to be far more vocally talented than western ones on average, but like it has already been said, a lot of the textures used in Indian vocals can sound grating to those not used to it. Like, I myself was born in India but have lived now most of my life in the US, and at this point since most of my music listening is western stuff the Indian stuff sounds grating even to me at times.

Asians are incapable of producing a single original piece of anything. Don't ask why

jai paul, i remember seeing das racist on a chart.

because they eat where they shit

Yeah I don't think Sup Forumscore is the objective gold standard for quality...

Are you aware that Indian music mostly doesn't sound like Western music?

they stole it from us

too busy shitting in the street

Sounds more like goa trance

>online community is almost entirely composed of westerners
>western music is the most frequently discussed
Holy shit OP I think you're on to something big here

"Take Poo to the Loo",[2] commonly shortened to "Poo2Loo",[1] is an ongoing Indian social media campaign led by Unicef to combat the country's problems with open defecation. It has been praised for its innovative approach.

Times of India reported that the idea was developed and initiated in March 2014 after a sanitation conference was organised by Unicef India and the Indian Institute of Technology as part of the larger Total Sanitation Campaign, which the Indian government launched in 1999.[1]

Poo2loo calls on Indians to "take the pledge" and show support by signing the following petition addressed to President Pranab Mukherjee:[3]

Hon'ble President of India,
I call on you as Head of State to ensure that India rises to the challenge of ending open defecation. As a citizen of India, I am proud of our country's rich and varied culture; we have a beautiful land. However, over 620 million people do not use a toilet and nearly as many accept this practice. The result is an unacceptable level of filth in our environment. This is why I have chosen to take a stand and raise my voice with that of many other young people. We want our sisters and brothers to survive, grow and develop as healthy individuals in a clean country. We urgently request your help. Together we can change India.

The website of the movement contains many puns and some unusual media, including a simple educational video game called Toilet Trek. The official mascot of the movement is antihero "Mr. Poo", an animated human-sized turd.[4][5]

>The Poo in the loo campaign was designed to go viral. Although this goal was achieved, this campaign did not go viral within India. Instead, it spawned the Designated Shitting Streets / Poo in the Loo[6] meme that originated on Sup Forums’s international board Sup Forums, which mocked Indians for not solving the open defecation problem.

Sup Forums exclusively listens to shitty American pop music. Why is it surprising? Most of you haven't got a clue about traditional or art music from other cultures because Fantano, Pitchfork etc. don't sell that shit and because you have literally no attention spans or taste.

>people only care about him because he's a beatle collaber

Wrong.

this is a great album, dan tompkins is a bong though

India is like China. There is a vacuum of creativity in these countries because they focus so heavily on electronics and technology as well as the cultural aspect as being poor is seen as degenerate so most of their citizens focus on the easy route of money.

>not acknowledging this essential piece of patrician Sup Forumscore
youtube.com/watch?v=U76loq-MttU

youtube.com/watch?v=_Pj4L7C2twI

um....excuse me op.
But i think you forgot about one thing.

TYPEWRITER TIP TIP TIP TIP TIP

youtube.com/watch?v=7v6uM9GuKZk

>assume this is Sup Forums pasta
>look it up
>it's real

Why

world super power 2020

Sup Forumscore

I've unironically sampled the opening 5 seconds of this song countless times so speak for yourself OP

youtube.com/watch?v=vTIIMJ9tUc8

>plebs don't listen to patrician world music and pretend their ignorance is because it's not good

k

I've found a lot of great fucking quality shit on here speak for yourself user

im a pajeet and i can assure you that outside of hindustani classical, almost nothing good has come out of this fucking country. just listen to pran nath or something if you want indian music

I N D I A

I S

N O T

T H E

W E S T

of course you're not going to like their music as much as you like David fucking Bowie, you fucking numales

So you're just gonna act like this album doesn't exist?

Honestly having not produced an album that is consumed by this cesspool is probably a testament to how good the art is.

fuck this place.

Ignorance, xenophobia and bigotry.

Once you listen to more music you will see that Sup Forumscore is overrated as fuck and half of that shit is not even worth listening it.

Classic

What is Ágætis Byrjun

youtube.com/watch?v=5GbwfQ9VVGM&list=PLVQn7BQFFIZFBDkIUahVFAmo2jv_rpEXE
now fuck off

>implying that's a bad thing
Le soy redditor