thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8XXP42aIGZ4
streethiphop
youtube.com/watch?v=cNFMlGIqlTg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because all of Sup Forums is /mgmt/ right now

not enough

Ballsy to front all their singles like that. Good thing bunch of great songs later on.

guys I'm lost for words. This album...
See? Literally don't have the words. I had lost all hope for music in the 21st century before I heard this album, for real. I'm just so overjoyed and I don't know why I'm even posting this but I just felt like I needed to express my love for the album somehow

heh.... leave album of the year to me... kid

link?

Sup Forums right now feels like it did when MPP first dropped

Just listened to this the other day and didn't enjoy it at all. Thought it was complete garbage, much worse than Congratulations. What am I missing?

taste

Ears

ears and taste.

link it dink

scour the archives. there's a MEGA link somewhere

>the only reason it didn't work out is he didn't work out

>not on spotify or youtube
guess I'm never hearing it

It comes out tomorrow

tomorrow, lad

>he doesn't torrent

this board has gone to shit

Try the sharethread

>Why is there no official and obvious
>MGMT
>LITTLE DARK AGE
>thread?
you must mean the guerilla marketing thread.
the album is similar to grimes in the way that it is non original and bland mix of current popular aesthetics.
it is for people who have no taste or deeper understanding of the art.

>spotify
>not flac
>this board

You don't MGMT's aesthetic, bro. They're based. And all their music vids are kino desu

>tfw When You're Small is 1:01 of Purple Creek.
youtube.com/watch?v=8XXP42aIGZ4

You mean Pink Floyd?

> AND NOW I NEVER WORK OUT
> IT DIDN'T WORK OUT
> IT NEVER WORKS OUT.

This album is amazing. I don't care about the negative rep it's already getting, this is without question my fav album of 2018 so far

Which one? Can't put my finger on it.

MGMT GOTY.

take this cringe shit to reddit

It's honestly refreshing to see Sup Forums rally behind a rock band again. This hasn't happened in a long time.

drugs

how did they go from total pleb rock to this masterpiece

DUDE

>This album made me an inarticulate retard
uh oh

Could help

Only dud is When You're Small. So, objectively this album is 9/10.

i agree i think there are shills or something its bad compared to congratulations

radiohead tho

thank fucking god, can we keep this containment thread going indefinitely so i only have to filter one thread?

if you don't love this album you don't love music.

Is this an electronic or rock band?

psychedelic rock band but this album is more synthpop

streethiphop . co/mgmt-little-dark-age-full-album/
Second result on google and it works

it's art music, not to be categorized as rock or electronic, not for plebs.

>(10+987x(6-5)+4x3)x2x1
>Torrenting
L vhulrxvob krsh brx jxbv grq'w vwloo gr wklv

it's so fucking good my dudes

Spoonfeed me a good torrent site for music.

I really haven't found anything after what.cd died (that isn't a private tracker I'll never get into).

MGMT doesnt belong to anyone

RED

JAAAAAMMMEESSSS

>When you're small

firsst reviews on wiki are out
panned as expected

thanks for keeping my faith in Sup Forums i thought it was lost to these retards.

Fuck off with this shit to reddit and Youtube video comments.

Finally. This. Upvote and some gold for your troubles m’sir

this is complete trash. all you guys have terrible taste in music

literally all you need is rutracker and soulseek

It's a 7/10 at best. Congratulations is a much more solid and coherent album. It's very poppy and I'm surprised they didn't release it in the summer time. It has its moments but Days That Got Away, Give It One More Try, and When You're Small really prevent this album from being AOTY tier.

>Thank you for validating my awful opinions!

I can understand Days That Got Away and When You're Small but One Thing Left to Try...really? Easily a highlight on the album for me. What do you not like about it?

It's getting 7s and 8s everywhere, though. I don't think anyone expected more than that

It's super saccharine and reminds me of being in an H&M. I like the bridge and the outro.

Maybe it just feels out of place because of the track order and was a little jarring after the slow psych jam that was Days That Got Away.

Understandable and yeah it feels out of place like Burn the Witch.

the ability to enjoy things; a soul

>When You're Small
Really? That was one of my favorite tracks.

anyone spot the selly ester watts field on it?

ME AND MICHAEEELLLL

is this the best ever musical comeback?

and don't give me the shit that s/t is their best. it had a few good tracks but was largely shit.

Is When You're Small a manlet dis?

Just felt like a weird Billy Joel song that turns into Brain Damage. It makes Hand It Over sound like the best song on the album just because it's the last song and follows the previous 3 worst songs of the album in succession.

Honestly, Sup Forums is overrating it. It's quite damn good, but now MINDBLOWING INCREDIBLE like they're making it out to be.

Tbh at first I thought the s/t was better than LDA, but then I went back and listened to all their albums again, and I realized I had substantially overrated the s/t back when it came out. (It's still underrated for all the shit it gets, though). + LDA has grown on me a bit in these few days since the leak.

It's honesty not far-off from Congratulations in overall quality.

Of Congratulations' 9 tracks, I'd say it has:
4 five-star tracks (though Siberian Breaks should count as two or something, got dayum)
3 four-star tracks
2 three-star tracks

Of LDA's 10 tracks, it has:
5 five-star tracks
4 four-star tracks
1 three-star track

But none as impressively sprawling as SB.
But, still, that's pretty damn cool.

Why exactly does Sup Forums hate Tame Impala but lose their shit over this? Is there no self-awareness?

because tame has shit lyrics and intentional tries to appeal to teenage girls. Lonerism is still a great album though

>because tame has shit lyrics and intentional tries to appeal to teenage girls.
mgmt doesnt?

Bad lyrics, not shit lyrics. And bad lyrics aren't enough to dismiss music.

THESE are shit lyrics. This is dismiss territory
>There's Only One
>Graham Nash
We can heed the call
We can trip and fall
We can read the scrawl on the garden wall
Let the ashes fall
Upon us all or not at all it's in us all
Can we say it's cool
From a heated pool
When we give a jewel to a starving fool
And if we can't be cruel
Then let us take the tool
And change the rule, change the rule
When we've all begun to see the world we're on
Don't you see there's only one
Then we'll all begin to see the skin we're in
It's just the same
There's only one
There's only one
Do we have the grace to begin the race
In another place
Face to face
Do we stand the pace or do we let the case go to
Waste, got to waste, go to waste
Do you like the taste

GET READY TO HAVE SOME FUN

I thought Sup Forums was anti-poptimist...

>and intentional tries to appeal to teenage girls
It's funny you say this, and Sup Forums in general hates roasties and the music they enjoy, but that's exactly what MGMT made thier name on. My sister was a Stacy in high school when this came out and her and all her jock and slut friends would drive around blaring Electric Feel, Kids, Time to Pretend. That stuff got play in clubs too. It's good music but if you're going to talk about fanbases and shit you're being an idiot.

no

>I was doing fine without ya
>'Til I saw your face, now I can't erase
>Giving in to all his bullshit
>Is this what you want, is this who you are?
>I was doing fine without ya
vs
>Policemen swear to god
>Love's seeping from the guns
>I know my friends and I
>Would probably turn and run
>If you get out of bed
>Come find us heading for the bridge
>Bring a stone
>All the rage
>My little dark age
doesnt sound like its out of a heartbroken teens diary

They made those songs in collage as satire. They know how stupid those songs were abut the label wanted them to be on their first album because they knew it was going to be hits.Everything else they done beside those doesnt have that appeal

Was just about to post this. Anyone overrating OS is unaware of the fact that it was created in jest.

Whatever, the point stands that those dance pop songs are what bought them houses and put food on their plates, and their fanbase is just as "normie" as Tame Impala's or whoever Sup Forums feels like shitting on

I liked their first two albums, but damn did I absolutely love Currents.

The singles had me excited for Currents-level album quality going in. Unfortunately it wasn't quite that good, but it's still a great little album.

Fuk tame impala, mgmt for life

I remember hearing this about Backstreet Boys vs Nsync, or Linkin Park vs Limp Bizkit. Do you make Ronaldo vs Messi threads on Sup Forums as well?

youtube.com/watch?v=cNFMlGIqlTg

I'M READY READY READY TO BLOW MY HEAD OFF
Objectively the best song.

we were talking about how tame intentionally went for that crowd though. MGMT does have a small but strong fanbase that actually gets them and a normie "fanbase" who only knows the 3 singles which dont really count as a fanbase.

Kevin has made some good music but he's gets way too much praise for being a "musical genius" when he uses hacky techniques. Lonerism is a great album but currents has a few good tracks at best and relies on an overly polished and sheeny production to disguise it's shitty songwriting and you can just hear how hard Kevin is trying to make something but never quite reaching it.
Andrew and Ben are 10x better natural musicians and songwriters.

guys i haven't listened to the album yet. is it 100% a meme or is it actually decent?

Peak MGMT, along with Congratulations of course.

christ

>we were talking about how tame intentionally went for that crowd though
Prove it. Why can't he just want to evolve his sound?
>MGMT does have a small but strong fanbase that actually gets them and a normie "fanbase" who only knows the 3 singles which dont really count as a fanbase
This equally applies to Tame. Tame's origins are as a pitchforkcore psych rock band.

To like one but dismiss the other is being hypocritical. It's all music, just enjoy both of them. It's okay to like Tame, don't be afraid of anonymous people bullying you.

>Sup Forums overwhelmingly loves mgmt
man i always knew this was a plebeian board but goddamn it's like you guys are 15

The hype is mostly a meme but its still a pretty good album

Shoo, shoo shill.

>I had lost all hope for music in the 21st century
tf is wrong with you

Those three singles are still getting streams. Just those three are at half a billion plays on Spotify alone which dwarfs all of their other projects by a significant margin.

I'm assuming it's people listening to Kids, TTP, and Electric Feel and then not bothering with the other shit. That's the "normie fanbase".

the irony of you being the pleb here

if you want to be an elitist at least go for a better insult than the cliche "mgmt is for teeny boppers" because they made a few hits in 2007