Do the extended editions add anything really?

Do the extended editions add anything really?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vwcm-73kZE8
youtube.com/watch?v=TQVi_DC9HvI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A lot more immersion, fantasy atmosphere and world-building at the cost of being dreadfully slow. So closer to the feeling you get from actually reading the books.

Yea more shit by Jackson, as of he didnt make utterly boring bloated theatrical editions with his vanilla directing for 11-13 year olds

In addition to what this user says, it adds a dreadful new color grading
youtube.com/watch?v=Vwcm-73kZE8

Ultimately worth it though

what also sucks dick is that the theatrical blu-ray is a bad transfer, so you're fucked either way

Bravo Lucas

They add to showing the true nature of Hackson.

Haven't seen these since i was 6(besides some scenes of ROTK on tv). Started the book yesterday. Hobbit movies got progessively worse. Book was far better
/blog

>when he succ

Yes, but be warned: if you're doing a full marathon of the films, the first half of ROTK will destroy you.Two hours of buildup while you're already feeling fatigued from 8 straight hours of movie watching.

extended editions let normies understand that boromir wasn't a bad guy and just wanted what was best for his people. he was also a great brother.

>letting the witch king have a cool scene
>bad

just leave them on all day while doing other shit. every once in awhile look up and see gandalf naming where he's riding to, and by the time the sun goes down they're at mt. doom.

>Book scene literally perfect
>Nah let's add Gandalf getting knocked on his butt lol

They're fucking fantastic but jesus they're long

> have to put aside nearly 4 fucking hours to watch a movie

I've read LOTR + The Hobbit/Silmarillion/Children of Hurin/Unfinished Tales, from when I watched these movies I thought most of the extended scenes were noticably worse or broke the pacing.
Most people rage over that scene because the Witch King was shitting all over Gandalf when their confrontation in the book lasted a few moments before the Witch King flew off.

Too bad Gandalf shat on the ringwraiths at every turn in the books.

Not enough fighting for the movie if the book scene was exactly replicated and they only broke through the main gate before Theoden arrived. It could have worked if they switched the main gate with one from an upper level.

Yeah, a couple of extra minutes to the runtime

Then maybe you need to reread the books.

Gandalf never really encountered any of the Ringwraiths in the books. The only time he sort of fought them from what I remember was at Weathertop and when he rode out to meet/rescue Faramir outside of Minas Tirith.

I think they are a great addition as they show a lot of awesome scenes with nice costumes and sets doing lore type stuff. However, I didn't enjoy those scenes in the Hobbit, they just made those movies look more drawn out and boring.

>Gandalf encountered the Ringwraiths
>Except for the times he did

The scenes themselves are cool, but, when actually put into the film it feels like they really fuck with the pacing of the movies. Also some of them are pretty dumb, like the Saruman death scene etc or the indiana jones esque escape from dunharrow.

>or the indiana jones esque escape from dunharrow.
Honestly I thought the landslide of skeletons was pretty good.

>not getting the context of the statement
user said gandalf wrecked them each time only gandalf didn't.

youtube.com/watch?v=TQVi_DC9HvI

>tfw christopher was a lorefag

>Lee once met Tolkien at a fancy dinner and got spaghetti everywhere

First two absolutely, third one gets fucking wonky.

>arwen on all the posters
>shes barely in the latter two films

this

They only thing worthwhile added was in RoTK, the scene with the 'mouth of Sauraman'

Cheesy as hell, but I almost wish that they kept the version where Aragorn fights with Sauron's angelic form.

Didn't that get fixed?

It's a lads journey but it'd just look gay by 2001-2003 standards.
Yea Lee read LOTR every year and knew his shit from what I've heard. No idea if he got into what Christopher Tolkien published.