Why do you guys like generic buttrock so damn much?

Why do you guys like generic buttrock so damn much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=td3bX6RF0lI
youtube.com/watch?v=4aeETEoNfOg
youtube.com/watch?v=uHOwM59IlQ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This album is fucking long

Heh

its too long

How is this album generic

Confirmed for not having listened to the album in it's entirety.

It’s not generic it just sucks big ol shitties

I was raised on alt rock radio, so "generic buttrock" is kind of my home turf. This sound is just generally my shit. That's really the only reason, you other guys are free to hate if you want.

How so?

>generic
>buttrock
youtube.com/watch?v=td3bX6RF0lI
"no"

lmao sounds like radiohead

Siamese Dream is superior in every single way

"Butrrock"

You keep using that word, i dont think you know what it means.

If anything the smashing pumpkins are a fucking outlier in 90's american rock. Everyone was doing grunge while billy was on some dream pop, proto indie shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=4aeETEoNfOg

holy shit op, seriously, i hope this is bait because you are legit fucking retarded

Oh it sounds great? I agree
Mellon Collie is twice as great as Siamese Dream

MCIS > Adore > SD

No it’s actually just twice as long and half as good

>half as good
How so? The entire album is excellent

>proto indie

>generic

1979 is one of the best songs ever written

doubt many people would contest that it has some great singles and a few good deep cuts but a ton of this record is really samey buttrock

Form a real argument as to why it is and i’ll form an argument as to why it isn’t. MLA format 1000 words using at least two (2) quotes from peer-reviewed sources

That's some soybean indie music senpai, def not buttrock

I get what you're saying, I really do , but you do not know what butt rock means.
Buttrock refers to generic 90s rock that was allover the radio, and Smashing Pumpkins was definitely dissimilar from that. I mean the term butt rock comes from the "NOTHING BUT (butt) ROCK" radio stations which were not playing mellon collie and the infinite sadness.

>Form a real argument as to why it is and i’ll form an argument as to why it isn’t.
Except you made the initial claim. Burden of proof is on you

Man before I even pressed play I knew exactly what kind of voice was gonna be singing.
It's not that people like generic buttrock. It's that the more fantastical an album is, the more love it gets. People like fancy schmancy singing, gives them something to focus on when not listening to the lyrics.

>Man before I even pressed play I knew exactly what kind of voice was gonna be singing.
Billy Corgan has one of the most unique voices in rock. What a fucking coincidence huh?

Nah you don't understand. I knew it was gonna have all kinds of technique, sharp but gorgeous highs, etc. because that's what most people love. Hence my second comment.

>because that's what most people love.
Except about half of the people who ever heard this band said he sounds like a dying cat

Don't ask me, I prefer generic boobrock.

Lots of people are stupid, yeah. Doesn't change what I said.

Not all alt-rock is buttrock holy shit

It doesn't address what a said either.

No, why would it? Most people like dynamic singing with lots of highs and lows and etc. That dude in that song provides that. That half of people who listen to him think he sounds like a dying cat means some people have no taste.

>generic buttrock
get fucked pleb

Not only is MCIS a stone cold classic from start to finish, the B-Sides alone are better than what most other bands could ever hope to achieve

>why would I address someone I replied to directly?
do you know how a conversation works?

I grew up listening to those stations, I can assure you they were playing the shit out of Bullet With Butterfly Wings.

>smashing pumpkins
>proto-indie
haha holy shit

They were playing Bullet With Butterfly Wings in 1988??

probably only listened to rat in a cage and 1989

>hurr durr le rat in the cage

youtube.com/watch?v=uHOwM59IlQ4

Literally no other 90s artist has a catalog as varied, accomplished and ambitious as the Pumpkins in their heyday.

1988? Who said that?

OP's probably only heard rat in a cage and 1989

>I grew up listening to those stations, I can assure you they were playing the shit out of Bullet With Butterfly Wings.

ive never listened to a smashing pumpkins album, which one should i listen to

start with Gish

I don't understand.

no start out with siamese dream

buttrock has been around for decades, at least the 80s

Once again, can someone explain why 90s alt rock (derisively refereed to as "whine rock") is being labeled on Sup Forums as "butt rock" when "soy rock", "dadrock," or "cuckmusque" would be understandable?

Oh yay. MCIS bait threads two days in a row. I don't have to tell you what goes in all fields at this point.