Other urls found in this thread:

themarysue.com/the-story-of-eowyn/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

women are funny get over it

no she said
>I am wo man

it was in the book

Get laid, fuckhead.

Eowyn is actually a great female character you fag.

When did Sup Forums become a nu-male safe space hugbox? Christ

>So passed the sword of the Barrow-downs, work of Westernesse. But glad would he have been to know its fate who wrought it slowly long ago in the North-kingdom when the Dunedain were young, and chief among their foes was the dread realm of Angmar and its sorcerer king. No other blade , not though mightier hands had wielded it, would have dealt that foe a wound so bitter, cleaving the undead flesh, breaking the spell that knit his unseen sinews to his will.
Merry broke the the Witch-King's spell

But it was Eowyn who made the kill

>kill
The Witch King was not killed until the One Ring was destroyed, his form was merely destroyed.

those films were almost entirely about masculinity, so I give it a pass

>'Begone, foul dwimmerlaik, lord of carrion! Leave the dead in peace!'

>A cold voice answered: 'Come not between the Nazgûl and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shrivelled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye.'

>A sword rang as it was drawn. 'Do what you will; but I will hinder it, if I may.'

>'Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!'

>Then Merry heard of all sounds in that hour the strangest. It seemed that Dernhelm laughed.... 'But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.'

When did Sup Forums become some alt-right faggot fuckface shithole?

Eowyn isn't a shit character. Dany from GoT, Rey etc are shit characters.

Why do female characters in movies trigger Trumplrinas so much?

I was on this board before you graduated high school.

never really got the point of that
"no man can kill me!!"
so wizards, dwarfs, elves, hobbits, wymens & eagles can kill you
worst power evah
also shamelessly robbed from mcbeth

see ...dumbass

No it wasn't. In the books she reveals herself before they start fighting (and indeed the Witch King is nervous to fight her), not as some action movie quip.

Not exactly. The film butchered Eowyn almost as badly as it did Faramir.

This is her quote:
“But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund’s daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.”

>worst power evah
It's not a power, it's a prophecy.

>also shamelessly robbed from mcbeth
That's the whole point. Tolkien thought the whole c-section thing was dumb.

I fucking hate tumblr. It is a goddamn cancer on this world.

How in the FUCK are gif limitations like this acceptable in 20fucking17.

The Witch King would've choked her out if not for Merry

>immortal character
>some guy just happens to have his sole weakness, and happens to be right there
>good writing

i prefer "i am no m*n" tbqdesu

Fuck I love this passage so much. Really wish they'd have kept the maniacal laugh before she delivers her line. It sells her suicidal frame of mind a lot better. The oneliner is more cinematic though so I see why they went with it.

DUDE I HATE WOMEN BECAUSE THEY WONT FUCK ME LMAO

No... she doesn't... you fucking tumblrina.

themarysue.com/the-story-of-eowyn/

Also the only reason why she was able to defeat Angmar was because he was already shitting himself because she was given a sword by Merry that was handed to him by his ancestors forged by the Dunedain that was infused with powers that could defeat a Witch King. Angmar knew it and literally shatted himself while facing her.

>Merry is "some guy"

It Merry's blade that he gets from the barrow downs. It turns the witch king mortal. Something good like
"It made his sinew shatter" or some shit.
So Merry made him able to die, she finished him.

>So Merry made him able to die
Already you fucks, I'm going to say this one last time. Neither he nor any of the other Ringwraiths could die until until the Ring was destroyed. Period.

>slavishly lay out details about past empires and their craftmanship and characters hailing there from and stealthily put in the character gaining a sword from that era in the first book
>have this brought bac 4 books later when the stakes are as high as can be and our hero is facing down a seemingly immortal foe
>bad writing
kill self

He had the sword throughout the entire fucking books you literal shitstain. He had it with him since the fellowship, and found use for it when Eowyn took the sword, and stabbed the Witch King because he knew what it was and got rekt'd.

Besides, its not like she can use it again, because once she stabbed him the sword spontaneously rusted into dust.

pretty good article.