What is the final Sup Forumscore redpill ?

What is the final Sup Forumscore redpill ?

listening to something else

filtered

We need to stop usage of the word "Sup Forumscore". By calling music as big, innovative, and influential as Neutral Milk Hotel, Animal Collective, Radiohead, and countless others "Sup Forumscore" we are implying that this music is defined by the fact that it is frequently discussed on Sup Forums, the music board on the esoteric otaku website Sup Forums. That is how the English language works. In reality, the opposite is true. Sup Forums is defined by the presence of these artists being discussed. In a way, you can say Sup Forums is a Neutral Milk Hotel-core board.
>of course, there are artists who are only popular on Sup Forums and not outside of Sup Forums, mainly because of viral marketing, such as Have A Nice Life, Giles Cory, The World Is a Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die, Crywank, Dads, Jordaan Mason & The Horse Museam, and plenty of others, but that's for a different discussion
To expand on this idea further, let's apply this logic to real life scenarios. If my friend, let's say his name is Jacob, likes a band, let's say Radiohead, I say "My friend Jacob really likes Radiohead". I don't say "Radiohead are a total Jacob band". If anything, I say the opposite, by saying "Jacob is a total Radiohead guy". Because, you see, Radiohead are much larger than Jacob. The same should apply to Sup Forums as it does to Jacob. It's foolish and possibly autistic to think bands Sup Forums likes are "Sup Forumscore" when Sup Forums is a music board on an esoteric otaku website with traffic of about 1000 original users daily (the board, not the site. If you think there are 25 million "Sup Forumstants" you're delusional). What's ironic, is that Sup Forums often accuses Reddit, Sup Forums and Sup Forums of autism. Nobody on Reddit calls Queen "Reddit-core", nobody on Sup Forums calls Deus Ex and Morrowind "Sup Forumsideo games", and nobody on Sup Forums calls Evangelion or K-ON "Sup Forumsnime". This behavior is exclusive to Sup Forums.
To put it simply, if you use the word "Sup Forumscore", you either don't know the basics of the English language or how it works, are delusional, or have autism.

Lol this fucking guy. Realizes everyone has filtered him so he makes a new trip. Filtered again, bye bye faggot

what the fuck is wrong with these albums?

i hate this board sometimes

You have to go back.

Jane Doe, The Money Store, and Remain in Light are the three big ones missing.

>jane doe
lol. what year is it?

>Jane Doe
Nobody outside of autistic metal tourists care about Converge.

literally none of those are good why does Sup Forums like them?

hahhaha the tripfag thinks he can tell anyone to go to reddit. by drawing attention to your identity you are inherently more of a redditor than anyone on this board.

Well, speaking for MBDTF and MPP, those are the only two that were released during Sup Forums's existence, and they caused the biggest splashes in Sup Forums history. In theory the next album to be added would be the next album to cause a massive, months-long splash. But it's been 8 years and hasn't happened yet. Maybe Sup Forums is just dead

This is intrinsically false and has been explained to you Sup Forums maniacs multiple times. If you want a nice cozy echo chamber where you can go and never have your opinions challenged, go back. If you want a place where bold people decide to stick out from the herd, stay on Sup Forums.

Tripcode Enthusiasts > Anonymous cowards

LDA - MGMT..?

Lol. For this MGMT album to be close to those splashes of years past, it would have had to start before the leak, and as it leaked, would have to consume 1/4 the catalog, then it would have to come out, get a 10 from the fork, then become half the catalog for at least 2 months.

Honestly I don't think it can happen again because Sup Forums is a slower board than it was 10 years ago. Sup Forums has like triple the userbase compared to then, but it's all concentrated on the reddit boards like Sup Forums and Sup Forums

Money Store and Deathconsciousnesses have done the same thing and are considered Sup Forumscore. Money Store was made in the last 8 years

Both were very large but not MPP or MBDTF large. MPP and MBDTF are much more accessible. During those splashes it genuinely felt like the only album anyone on the board was listening to. Something like Death Grips always had vocal opposition. But yeah, closest an album has gotten was The Money Store but wasn't big enough. Deathconsciousness is like Swans. Obviously hugely popular, but doesn't have that accessibility to really consume the whole board. If you look at the OP you'll notice all those albums are easy to listen to

Underrated post.

um okay but i thought these were /our/bands?

that's how fandom works

Homogenic????

clearly a copypasta, but I kinda agree tbqh

... it's Sup Forums.

stop poasting at any time you autist

Sup Forums is too big with too much varied taste for it to happen anymore.

I accept your concession.

Zu spät Ihr Scheißer

The Kenny G album?

Hospice