Do you listen to MGMT? Their early work was a little too 'Indietronica' for my taste...

Do you listen to MGMT? Their early work was a little too 'Indietronica' for my taste, but when 'Oracular Spetacular' came out in 2008, I think they really came into their own - both commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of Psychedelia meshed in with the better half of their contemporaries. They've been compared to Aniamal Collective but I think MGMT has a far more playful, sarcastic sense of humour. In 2018, MGMT released this, Little Dark Age, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is She Works Out Too Much', a song so catchy most people probably don't listen to the lyrics - but they should! Because it's not just about working out, it's about the myopic trends of social media acclimating to your own personal downfall.

Hey paul!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cAOz2B3eGQ4?t=21m4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Based LDA poster.

wew great oc lad

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

actually kek'd

good work sir

Holy shit that fits so well

very nice

replace OS with Congratulations and you got (yellow) gold

kek

change Oracular to Congratulations and this is decent

wouldnt make as much sense for "commercially"

then again congratulations did hit #2 on the bilboard chart

you like MGMT? Their early work was a little too 'Indietronica' for my taste, but when 'Congratulations' came out in 2010, I think they really came into their own - commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of Psychedelia meshed in with the better half of their contemporaries. They've been compared to Animal Collective, but I think MGMT has a far more playful, sarcastic sense of humour. In 2018, MGMT released this, Little Dark Age, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is 'She Works Out Too Much', a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics - but they should! Because it's not just about working out, it's about the myopic trends of social media acclimating to your own personal downfall.

mgmt's early stuff was considered reddit core along with like deadmau5 and gorillaz im pretty sure

>in memphis boy accent
youtu.be/cAOz2B3eGQ4?t=21m4s

it should be "Because it's not just about the pleasures working out, but it's actually a wider statement about the myopic trends of social media acclimating to your own personal downfall."

Good job, user.

>he fell for the “mgmt is a Normie band” meme

god i wish that were me

here you forgot these op

wew

bumo

HEY MICHEAL

sad

nice

i dont even like mgmt and this is a great post

OFF BY ONE

thanks