What do you think of Kevin Smith and his work?

What do you think of Kevin Smith and his work?

Kev-O is fucking fantastic. His fucking work not so much. Mallrats and Clerks are two classics. Chasing Amy is cool too.

bump

>Dad... please... people can read that...

>he proudly talks about the taint of the worst part of a movie that came out 15 years ago.

Just imagine what that flaky wrinkly dark brown asshole with shit crystals stuck to its cavity hair smells like. Like bad cheese that's been soaking in expired milk chunks for a week.

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is the only thing of his I would ever watch again

it knows what it is

>it's like we're cheating on each other WITH each other
wow, deep. it's like pottery.

Ass filmmaker, Ass person

hmmm... really makes me think

What did he mean by this?

Really made me stink

Great podcasts. Meh movies. Liked Red State.

This. He's got an uncanny ability as an interviewer sometimes too. Probably because it's less questions and answers, and more of him just having a discussion with them.

Too bad he's baked most of the time and starts crying about everything the guest said.

clerks was great,the sequel was ok I gues

jay and silent bob was kind of good

Yoga Hosers is quite possibly the worst thing I've ever watched. Not memeing or hating on Kevin Smith. Don't give that "it's supposed to be bad" bullshit either. Why don't you have your characters say basic some more

He's a fucking horrible interviewer. His Grant Morrison interview is entirely listenable because he interrupts every minute to take a bong hit or cry.

His Grant Morrison interview was great. Who the hell wants to watch another formal interview with stale questions?

>It's a Paul Dini talks about BTAS or any other work he did episode
>Kevin interrupts every minute to say "Hey, remember when I wrote Batman too!"
>It keeps happening

His podcast is only good when he's quiet and lets his guest speak.

I really don't know how tor respond to this. It's just a clearly fucking horrible interview and Kevin Smith is an obnoxious stoned attention hog.

I honestly don't get it, I watched Clerks and it just wasn't interesting or funny. I saw Chasing Amy and Jay and Silent Bob too and was not impressed. I watched youtube video of him giving a speech and that was funny though.

Well he did manage to make the absolute worst movie i have ever seen in my life, Yoga Hosers.

He is the eternal leaf

That's how you get interesting tidbits though. Stuff like Morrison's drug trip and his interpertation of The Killing Joke isn't something that you could normally get in a regular interview unless if it's with guys like Kevin Smith or Rogan.

Clerks was a passable movie for it's time
Mallrats was kinda fun
Dogma was interesting if you were younger than 18
Tusk was an example of a pothead idea put into film

apart from that, pretty cool guy, but no real talent whatsoever

>Had a genuinely funny movie in clerks, and a very funny followup in mall rats
>becomes convinced that he's more talented than he is
>begins adding dramatic elements and themes
>holy shit it's so fucking bad
>fast forward to today

Not much else to say

I went to his college tour forum back in 2002. I'm on that fucking awful Dvd they released of it. He talked for 4 hours about nothing and it was extremely painful. Not nearly funny enough to pull off that shit.

I liked it

I liked the giant spider story

>mfw he's the new average weight for an american male

At least that souls the pension problem

Why does he wear the hat?

he's everything i want to be in life

he's got a bald spot the size of a donut on the top of his head

he is a hack

His wife looks like Alanis Morissette

>12 minutes in and finally he lets Morrison speak

fucking hell.

chasing amy is dogshit. dogma is amazing, tho

>tfw always skip to when Morrison first starts talking.

The way he fucks Harley is cool.

He briefly dated her in the 90s too.

To be fair, the first Evening release is edited between several college appearances unlike the follow up releases which have whole appearances.

He's a good dude, love his evening with Kevin Smith movies and Q&A videos. His filmography is a bit mixed bit a lot of it is good, the view askew movies are great and I personally enjoyed Zack And Miri and Red State.

But*

>Election night
>Checking all these SJWs twitters to bask in their tears
>Think Kevin Smith might provide some good tears
>Says we should give Trump a chance and it's time to move forward together as a country

surprised me

>Asking for a friend

The person who made a Youtube edit cutting out every time Smith talks would be a hero

He's not the greatest filmmaker in the world, but he is a genuinely interesting and cool guy. I ran into him in the San Diego airport once. I noticed him and said high to him. He actually wound up being super nice. It was a super late, relatively empty flight. He invited me to sit and have a drink with him before the flight. He picked up the tab too. I don't really understand all of the hate some people seem to harbor against him.

ill live and die by this fat man
i wish he had his friend ben affleck back

kev doesn't drink

Cool !! Especially "Chasing Amy" is freaking awesome (屮゚Д゚)屮

He's made a few movies that should be fondly remembered for a long time.

I listened to roughly the first 120 of 300+ episodes of SModcast and those were gold.

Seen his live Q&A shows 3 times, twice got to ask questions and he gave me great improvised answers.

I met him and watched an NHL game with some other lucky fans once and he was super kind and generous with his time. He signed alot of stuff and made plenty of chit chat with everyone.

I think all the hate he gets online stems from seriously buttstrated and sad folk who are jelly that he is living such a blessed life.

I fucking respect Kevin in spite of his shittier movies and think overall he is more of a positive force in the world than he is negative.

Honestly, I've seen Clerks about forty times and it is still my favourite comedy.

Mallrat is the first Smith movie I saw. Thought it was great. Don't really care for anything else he's done, but I wish him well.

>Kevin Smith

A man who chose to be a happy loser instead of a miserable artist.

I can't fault him.

Chasing Amy is the last good movie he wrote and he gets buttblasted when told

His first four films are perfectly enjoyable 90s 'indie' movies:

The rest... not so much though i do think Zach and Miri is a mildly above average sex comedy.

I enjoyed the clerk series and Mallrats. He looks like a pretty cool dude to chill with

Why can't he lower his eyebrows?

Guy makes what he wants to make, I respect him for it. He's also got good film making range, even if some aren't that good.

I defend Red State to this day. It's a solid fucking movie. Tusk sucked though.