John Oliver on Brexit

How would you rebut the points he makes in this?

youtube.com/watch?v=iAgKHSNqxa8

I am not knowledgeable enough about EU and such to know whether he is right or just focusing on anecdotes that support his own beliefs.

Specifically, regulations, immigration and economic dependence.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=USTypBKEd8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=FtA21eiSmT8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=cbTounuaKuE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splendid_isolation
blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/06/brexit-facts-not-fear/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I absolutely loathe that disgusting fucking shill.. Everything he does a story on is fucking propaganda.

And brainless Americans eat this shit up. John Oliver needs to get deported

>he is right or just focusing on anecdotes that support his own beliefs.

Literally his entire shtick,

Hes a shilling fag, in britain hes known as, "who?"

I figured pol disliked him. He makes good points occasionally but I have come to see he just relies on anecdotes and almost never truly explores the other side of a story.

I dont even need to watch this video to know that I disagree with this cuck.

I bet he is shilling for remain. Am I rihgt?

What points exactly?

Do governments/politicians pay this cuck just to pander to retarded liberals? I am beginning to think that is the case. I don't even know much about the brexit, but he goes on really stupid tangents to try and prove a small point. Jesus christ this guy pisses me off just by looking at him

Making a child sing those lyrics. What a degenerate piece of shit.

He doesn't make good points. You even admitted he simply relies on anecdotes.

Not to mention the guy doesn't write a word of his script. He just speaks in a "I know what I'm talking about " tone and everyone who isn't already informed falls for the bullshit.

>Do governments/politicians pay this cuck just to pander to retarded liberals?
Nah. He's always been like that. The guy has a very strong liberal agenda.

What did he do before the HBO show? I feel like I've seen him before

(((John Oliver)))

>dont fear the 80% male muslim "refugees"
>130 dead in paris
>20 dead in brussels
>thousands of rapes

>t t trust me on Brexit guyz... im not a cuck loser shill

brits are really prone to this. even more so than americans

they've had it drilled into their head that dialect proves you're upper class and smart, so if you talk down to people, they just assume yuo're intelligent

brits are some of the stupidest people I've ever met, desu

He worked on The Daily Show, he even hosted it for a while, while John Stewart was filming his movie in Southwest Asia.

How did I do Sup Forums?

literally propaganda
>let's explain what the eu is
>suddenly no longer jokes
>conflates it with the UN
>gives none of the bad points

Like I give a shit what some two bit comedian has to say
Stop taking this man seriously

Daily show with john stewart. plus community

you cant
he's a flawless intellectual

i wish i could lick his ass

If you skip near the end, he actually seems less bias and more nationalist.

"I kind of understand, there is innate British desire to tell Europe to go fuck themselves"

Daily Show with John Daily

Yep and UKIP are racists.

>you shouldn't just vote against the people you don't like
>besides, why would you ever vote the same way as nigel farage
that is some top notch fucking stupid.

Nicely. The redfag needs to pay more attention when reading something.

I am here to ask how you would specifically rebut his points to some liberal sharing his video though, pol. Help me. I don't know enough about EU.

I guess approx 52% of polled voters are all redneck racists hicks, not one of them could possibly be voting for the Brexit for legitimate reasons! Thanks for the lecture John.

i dont have to watch the vid to know what he is going to say. that fuck always spews boilerplate

the refugees, african migrants and EU citizens that come freely currently cause competition for jobs with british citizens. this has resulted in lower wages for many positions because of a labor surplus with no end in sight. people from france showing up looking for work in great britan might accept lower pay just to have income its not just the refugees that are a problem economically speaking

some have collected welfare (call it what ever you want) payouts that legally should have never gotten any

population growth doesnt drive up gdp growth when your in the middle of a decline in the global economy. it equals greater government spending. prisons, police , schools, city water, roads all cost money. businesses are cutting spending and have since last year. this is a global thing the EU is in a tailspin and want to offload people onto the UK. germany and france have higher unemployment than the UK. they dont think its fair that the UK has been run better and as a result isnt shit out of luck

the current deal has put UK fisherman out of business and allows other EU countries to fish in their waters. thats some bullshit. murica and any other country end up with a deal like that you better be letting us rape your damn children and be deported back to murica as punishment

>8:22
>"The only people I have problems with are negros"
>"Not everything sounds smarter in a British accent."

No but it sounds 100% funnier.

>come to usa and try to tell people what to think and do
>pander to your home country when it suits you

pretty sure no one but daily show viewers take him srsly.

The John Oliver piece is lowest common denominator, ie; made for an American audience.

It is a satirical comedy show after all, but the brexit piece skims over most of the important issues.

If however, you want to hear a reasoned and informed argument about why Brexit is a fucking bad idea then watch this. It's much better than the John Oliver piece.

youtube.com/watch?v=USTypBKEd8Y

>thousands of rapes

k

He thinks EU will give him friends.

> law school
I'm not a lawyer.

Youre an idiot.

You wont change anyones opinion over a few bytes on the internet, especially not on facebook.

Do yourself a favor and accept the sad truth that Brexit wont happen.

>get rid of fb
>stop arguing with idiots

>so if you talk down to people, they just assume yuo're intelligent
reminds me of this one

youtube.com/watch?v=FtA21eiSmT8

Whether or not it happens, doesn't change the actual argument why EU is problematic. This won't go away.

If you can understand basic sentences and have a basic grasp of English then this is not hard to understand.

The EU sees backwards shitholes like Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey equal to Germany/France/UK. Savages from these countries are free to move to the first world as they please. Do you want a flood of gypsies in your country?

Jesus christ. All they can do is scream racist. And the crowd just starts cheering. Fuck these jews.

I can't be bothered to watch that cunt speaking all the way through, but what he says at the beginning about the £350 million is a lie. If you deduct what the EU spends on Britain it might be less than that, but remember, Britain doesn't control how the EU spends the money. So what Boris Johnson says about taking back control is entirely true.

And what the EU spends the money on is mostly buying the loyalty of the privileged classes. You know why so many academics have come out in favour of the EU? Because their departments often receive EU funding. Ditto with the media; plenty of arts projects receive EU funding. And the people who think they're smart for pointing out that climate-change deniers are mostly funded by the oil companies are largely the very same people who don't seem to be able to make the connection between academics funded by the EU and academics supporting the EU.

I'm sure I might, it's 25 minutes long though. My point being this is a referendum about how much trust you have in the institution that makes those laws.

Is this guy objective to use all the fallacies of this pic?

>unironically listening to last year man

Did the math:
Assume 350 million pounds per week is right, but is actually 190 million per week due to return

that's around a -54% gain

For scale:
190 pounds a week is approx. 100 billion DOLLARS A year

The us populaton is around 300 mil whil britan is 100 mil.

Our fedral budget is around 4.8 tril, so what britan dumps to the euwould be equivalent to 1/48th of our federal budget, but since britan is 1/3 our population, assuming tax revenue is proportional, would be about 1/16 of their federal budget, which means around 6 percent of their taxes are going to the EU or 1,000 dollars per citizen, and not doin the Brits any good.

He doesn't even touch the real reason Brexiters want to leave because he can't refute it. The real issue is Britain being subjugated to rules made by unelected officials from other countries, many of whom have just lost elections in their home country.

It's the typical set-up. You only here one side of the argument. To really inform yourself, you need to hear both sides.
You can watch this, but you can't ask him questions.

First time I actually saw him in a video, what a fucking fag.

not an argument

Please educate us more on these horrible rules. I've never heard of them.

>current year
>not being a redneck racist hick
I mean, come on.

Let me see if I can guess his position.

He is for remain. And anyone who isn't is a 'bad' person.

How did I do pol?

Coincidentally, some Belgian professor made a report how Belgium will loose money from Brexit.

I'm not sure about the value of all those calculations, but it would support what you are saying.

Only 1 point because there was no effort required to know the answer.

Redneck racist hick here, life is great.

>small town charm, everyone knows everyone
>no niggers, also no crime at all
>no jews, everyone is happy and prosperous
>hard working and honest
>no faggots, but we have Old Dean who might be gay I dunno he keeps to himself

Hunting, fishing, prayer and women to be honest.

im assuming this applys here

You may soon enjoy a tax on hyperlinks.

the number of british citizens makes it much worse. they have way fewer people than america and their military is almost never used. a big chunk of our budget is welfare and military spending

they are spending it so norway can fish in the UK but the brits cant.the pro EU guys say its for access to the EU market but

japan has just as much access to the EU through trade and commerce and isnt part of the EU. the UK is in the top 10 economic powers globally it can force proper agreements in a post brexit world because the EU will still want money that wont change

I never said they were neccisarily horrible. It's the fact that they're being made by foreigners who aren't even being elected. America formed our own country because of it and you fags seem to enjoy it

>American education

the population of Britain is 65 million. Since 190 * 52 = 10 billion, Britain pays £152 per person per year. Although of course, not every person in Britain is a taxpayer.

>That entire episode about refugees
>Focus 5 whole minutes on that guy who was kicked by the evil reporter
>Conveniently forget the man was identified as an Al-Nusra member, aka Al-Qaeda in Syria

I'd request his deportation, but it's not as if Britain doesn't have enough problems. Why not just leave him in the middle of the Atlantic?

He doesn't make any points though

>DUDE YOU'RE A RACIST IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE LMAO

I prefer good rules made by non-politicians over bad rules made by politicians, thank you very much.

Comically can't fault him much. However, people eat up this shit and think it actually makes them politically informed. Its like a teenage nihilist saying he's figured out philosophy.

Well then, you blue pilled faggot, go read up on it.
If you take anyone's opinion here as note worthy, you've never had the courage to form an opinion yourself.

>complains about watching a 25 minute video of an expert explaining impartially why the proposed benefits of brexit are all fucking bullshit
>happy to spend countless hours drinking up racist hocus pocus propaganda on Sup Forums

I'd have thought given your flag you'd be more interested

Well yeah

That is all the left has to say about anything

5:16
m.youtube.com/watch?v=cbTounuaKuE

John (((Oliver))) is one of the most cucked cucks of all "white" british cucks

I'd say John Oliver's viewers and pseudo-intellectual teenage nihilists are overlapping demographics.

What annoys me more than anything about him is how he tries to force memes

remember though that the UK economy has already lost $94 billion in foreign investments over brexit since April and £100 billion from the FTSE 100 because of brexit.

How was this influential? He only pointed out certain peoples views, that just happen to be crazy. He took 0 of the legit arguments and said its pointless to leave. He has 0 defense on this subject, its pathetic.

>"Brexit voters are racists and bigots"
>Using the death of an MP to further his agenda
>Giving a 10-yo the assignment to swear a lot on national television
>Being popular with today's generation

I want off this ride.

Whoops, youre right on that, but say 3/4 of brits pay taxes, then its around 1,500 thousand dollars per person.

>How would you rebut the points he makes in this?
By slashing his throat wide open with a serrated blade.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splendid_isolation

When he says the bus sign had been debunked, he proved it hadn't. The UK does send 350M a week, the EU sends some of it back later as a "rebate." The original statement is still true. The time value of money is important.

>the UK might have to spend close to that amount to access the common market
No source, method, or figures used to create that estimate. You can disregard it as easily as he's asserted it.

>pillow regulations
He uses humor to dismiss 106 regulations after proving three of them useless. Is 106 a better number? I assume his team went through the rest, but I guess this is why a comedy show isn't a rigorous format for political discussion.

>China, the US, and India don't want Britain to leave
It's almost like they don't want to negotiate trade deals with Britain because they get such a cheap packaged deal from the EU bureaucrats that are appointed without Democratic election.

>le expert meme
Since when do leftists care about GDP? Why is GDP more important than sovereignty?

>UKIP are racists
And China practices overt censorship and slavery. Labor is complicit in the rape of 1400 children.

UKIP can be a satanic death cult. It's irrelevant to brexit.

>If we want to be part of the single market, we need to accept refugees
Good thing you don't have to be part of the single market and can choose to leave once you're out of the EU. And hey, if you want poor illiterate homophobic sexists flooding your country, you can still get that without the EU.

>have to follow most EU rules if you want to trade with the EU
Lol no. Complete conjecture on his part, disproved by literally any trade deal the EU is in.

>British companies have to follow EU regulations to sell in the EU
And? American companies do too, doesn't mean they want the same regulations here.

>le kid swearing so funny just don't change anything even though I just argued that leaving wouldn't really change anything

We don't want him, you have guns.

How about instead of shooting up a school full of children, you point your AR-15's at this fucker and his ilk?

Undoubtedly, but the problem is that there is a serious lack of philosophical and political education in the West, so want could very easily be accepted as comedy to an informed audience is now taken at face value. Worse still, the comedians fall into the same trap due to the absolute vacuum of criticism they face.

Oy you racists where do you get off having opinions and shit?

You are now owned by Europe and you had better learn to like it haha.

embarrassing

it seems like his main agrument against brexit is, ukip is a bunch of racists,. that and ahhh they don't listen to Goldman Sachs experts stupid people, fun fact they went bankrupt and the US bailed them out also i think they were caught embezzling money and currency manipulation.

Real Talk. TM

>tfw females are tearing down everything your ancestors built just so they can import millions of nigger fucktoys

Seems like a comfortable show for a NEET should I start watching it regularly?

What else alongside it?

>starting off with the "it's bullshit" on the 350m is the best fucking argument everyone has

But it's not bullshit, it's true. It's a gross figure and all Boris Johnson said and all the battle bus said is that that's what we send. The rebate can be fucking slashed at any time, so the reality is we don't control £350m a week.

Jewish star is 666
Six six six
Sex sex sex

You're 100% right

>shows the Belgium is a non country bantz of Farage, cleverly cutting the part where he says that guy wasn't elected
goldman sachs writes his script or what?

thats a very logical argument.... clearly ur not getting ur own comedy show

>women
You mean your overweight sister you fag, get fit right

Where did that user say he visits racist threads?

I love those fallacies. It's like logic and human combined.

This cunt doesn't even live in the UK, he's one of our rejects (that should speak volumes!) He needs to cunt off and die or something, someone just fucking end him, I can't stand his smug, cocky little cuckold face.

Fuck I want to slice him apart with a razor blade and watch him scream and beg for his pathetic little life.

FUCKING RAGE INDUCING FACE, I'LL SMASH HIS SKULL IN WITH A CRICKET BAT.

t. lower class rodent

You will address me as Lord when you speak to me, understood?

>Be liberal feminist
>support muslims entering the us
>go complain about rape culture online
>Go outside on slut walk
>get raped and killed by refugee mob
>fail to realize the muslims don't give a shit about their feminisim

blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/06/brexit-facts-not-fear/

Also Literally Who?

> bureaucrat = good rule
> politician = bad rule
muh shoot the messenger