At what age did you grow out of metal, Sup Forums?

at what age did you grow out of metal, Sup Forums?

>implying i listened to it in the first place

Metal is fine as long as you don't take it seriously. It's really fun, and it's great workout music. Just don't act like some weird autistic school-shooter. Treat it the same way you would treat a cheesy horror film and it's fucking awesome.

>Metal is fine as long as you don't take it seriously
Metal is fine as long as you don't look like you listen to it.

14 but this is still one of my favorite albums of all time desu

I bet you listen to nigger hop you enlightened patrician

You turned 14 after 2011? Holy fuck.

nice try hiphop nigger-dick sucking numale

About 25 stopped listening completely for 4-5 years, then got back to it

Maarge, I'm acting smug again on the funny music board!

you should grow out of rap at about the same age.

You know, so what are adults supposed to listen to?

Metal is deemed for children, and by similarity/extension most harder rock genres are for children as well.

Punk/indie rock and indie folk (basically alternative genres inspired by the likes of TVU or Nick Drake, which also entails the majority of Sup Forumscore) is obviously aimed at children considering the often simplistic approaches to themes of such music and their focus on aesthetic above all.

Hip hop is for children because it's melodically/harmonically simple beat oriented music or w/e.

Dad rock/dad pop is automatically out because they are only listened to by older people because it was hip when they were young. Our equivalents include radio pop and electronic dance music.

What's left to actually grow into? Is it just classical, jazz, and experimental music?

Metal is fine as long as you take alot of it as being a theme or entertainment. Like enjoying horror movies, but not quoting silence of the lambs like a weird faggot. Same thing with the old cowboy-themed country music

>so what are adults supposed to listen to?

I've "grown out" of it a few times and still I've always gone back to fully enjoying it again. Depends on the mood. You seem to be implying one shouldn't enjoy metal past a certain age, but I just get the impression you're a pleb.

You don't grow out of it, you grow into it because it's grown men's music unlike techno, hip hop/rap, jazz, pop etc.which is autistic child music.

I agree with the rest, but leave jazz alone. Jazz is good.

nice bait

Why would anyone pick this as their top metal pick. You need to stop consuming soo much soy

>treating LimpBizkit and Linkin Park like a cheesy horror film

You're no fun user

>treating LimpBizkit and Linkin Park like metal

type of shit weird kids throughout school would listen to

Wait, does Sup Forums think those bands are metal? No wonder we have these threads every day. I never listened to that shit to begin with lmao

They are rap-rock aka numetal.

I never grew into it

i gave metal a chance
listened to some BATLORD and wasnt impressed

He's right though. From a structural perspective no other genre of popular music offers changes at the rate a lot of extreme metal does. Metal can't do gimmicky stuff the way other genres do to make your album seem good to others as it can't find a way to easily implement it, it's all about how good the riffs are (and actual songwriting is far tougher then "ayyy lets add Inuit chants on this song we're so unique!") Music that is synthesized cannot replicate the natural humanistic feel at all either unless you focus on each individual velocity of each note (too much work for most electronic musicians, and understandably, too.)

why are metal fans the most elitist of all music genres?

Do you like Kanye West? I've been a big fan of him ever since the release of his 2007 album, Graduation. Before that, I really didn't understand any of his work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Graduation where, uh, Kanye' presence became more apparent. I think Flashing Lights was his undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Kanye and Dwele. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Can't Tell Me Nothing. In this song, Kanye West addresses the problems of abusive political authority. Stronger is the most moving pop song of the 2000s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ass. New Kanye West' career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like All Of the Lights and, uh, Hold my Liquor. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Kanye West works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Lost in the World, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

i grew into metal, not out of it

>listen to local radio station that is closest to a metal station
>early 2010s they'd play music that was more rock oriented but atleast had some metal elements and the station had certain hours where they'd play full on metal
>get back into listening to station years later
>they play very light rock music thats more pop then rock, no metal elements in the songs
>remember that one radio host
>he moved to another station and that station plays more metal leaning rock

Kind of sad seeing rock/metal scene dying out on radio, hell the oldies stations playing 60s/70s music is still going strong.

I thought I grew out of it at 24 but now I'm 28 and back into it again
It's just good.

You're no better than metalheads when you pretty much listen to hipster-approved metal genres like blackgaze and variations of doom (stoner, sludge, drone)

Some metal is good though.

Oddly accurate

And what if I dont bother looking up what others think of those genre and listen to them completly isolated from the demographic audience?

>classical, jazz, and experimental music?
the red pill basically

Mostly at 17, but some stuck around until 19 or so. Now 23 and getting back into it, but it's hard to find shit that really clicks beyond a few songs, or even just a few riffs. It's just another genre I like in a casual way now, like hip hop

they are not elitists. Metalfans live in a fantasy parallel world because reality hurts.
Metal is not on pair with other music styles, but with vidya. The two have the same fanbase tipically: lonely teenage males that daydream about their school crush.

17/18

that's some fine ass quality meme my dude

just an image for this post

>metal is childish. hip hop is for intelligent people! I like music by black people arent i so cultured and cool!

late 2016

I only ever liked Dethklok
and that was in highschool

early 20's

>Metal is not on pair with other music styles
The only ones it's not on par with are jazz and classical, and even against those it's far more aggressive and visceral to an extent they'll never be. Metal is the most communicative form of popular music. Bitchass Radiohead has only 6 changes on their "masterpiece" Paranoid Android. That's baby level stuff compared to metal tracks that make far more changes within even shorter songs with far better transitions because they know how to DEVELOP their riffs to give a sense of an actual journey or sense of communication through the music. The only other genre in popular music that does this is prog, but prog sounds more like watered down classical and watered down rock put together as it's not able to get the best aspect of popular music nor art music.

Fuckin never

I kek everytime with this thread

my man!

nice strawman retard

>lonely teenage males that daydream about their school crush.
I dont listen to metal but why must you call me out

Jazz is top tier.

At what age should you grow out of music all together?

Same bro, same.

When you kill your self.

great yellow

don't think I'll ever grow out of it, it's a vast genre of variety that will catch my ears now and then

like 14

i listen to it when lifting weights or doing loud work

13 after I got bored of undertow
Then I came back 8 years later hating undertow but loving everything after it
>inb4 not metal