Part 2 of the /nba/ meetup process

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mUCtTwrQFhU
youtube.com/watch?v=ceDFi7CLNjo
youtube.com/watch?v=bO5vDFxDBYk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no news

schaub and taj bless

Don't worry Leaveland, Jose Calderon and D. Rose will be able to carry you along with JR Smith in the backcourt

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

4th for Cavs got fleeced

>Report: Cavaliers' Isaiah Thomas could be out until All-Star break due to hip injury

F L E E C E D

i guess i'm a celtics fan now

Kyrie sounds weird at first in the press conference.

Talks about people's energy and tries to dodge questions about LeBron using hippie type shit, and throughout the entire press conference doesn't acknowledge the championship he won whatsoever even when he was able to bring it up multiple times. He brought up the 3 straight Finals but didn't talk about the championship when it would've been relevant.

Also didn't talk about the championship when he did his instagram thank you message to Cleveland.

youtube.com/watch?v=mUCtTwrQFhU

At least he doesn't act like a coon

Kyrie Irving reminds me of that popular black dude in high school that dressed white and was cool with all the white boys and fucked white girls

yeah pbev off harden has a different dynamic than mills off leonard, or anyone off james or one day jokic.

i tend to think of guards as lead guards and off-guards these days. getting the shakes when i see two lead guards in the back court. the rockets will be a disaster.

TODAY WE ARE ALL KYRIE

My school only had 3 black dudes. 5 white people and the rest Hispanic.

cute

CUTE

Kyrie is a goddamned hippie. But you can be a hippie and win championships in the NBA - just look at Bill Walton.

I think it's mostly on Harden to find a way to make it work and play off-ball. It's going to be a big transition from the role he played last year but if he can do it, they'll be really good.

He wants to be Kobe but at the same time he doesn't want to act niggerish like Kobe did with Shaq so he tries to avoid it instead

well it's entirely possibly, but i'm doubtful that someone who just signed a supermax and is getting 200 million dollars from adidas really, truly wants to share the limelight. we'll see. as a spurdora i want to see them go harvey so i might be biased.

That's what happens when you live in the shit west coast

>German flags that aren't Mavs fans

Just get the fuck out

Will Kyrie fit in Boston's system?

I get that but Harden did help recruit Paul

Yes.

Are you sure? Kyrie Iso'd on around a quarter of his plays. Boston is a move or die system. Isaiah is also far superior at moving without the ball than Kyrie and uses that to his advantage a lot

>Who is Cedi Osman

I think Celtics are moving to a more ISO game. Hayward can do ISO as can Tatum. Now that the Celtics actually have scorers they don't need to pass around until someone is open.

Passing is superior to Iso. They're moving in a good direction with the movement

>Lonzo Ball Says Nas Is No Longer Relevant; Migos and Future Are 'Real Hip-Hop'

DROPPED

How can anyone in God's name defend this retard and his dad?

How are the Warriors going to beat the Celtics?

Steph is gonna hit 2000 3's around 3 years earlier than Ray Allen

was probably joking ?

He's right about Nas not being relevant through

There's literally nothing wrong with iso if you're good at it and Kyrie was more efficient at iso than most players are at cutting and shooting open shots, it's all about ability and not systems, passing systems are a joke and the fact you mention it as if it's superior by default is laughable, what you're most likely referring to is motion offense which was developed for teams that lack isolation abilities and is more complicated to run. It was made to hide the weaknesses of non athletic white college students in an increasingly black sport who scored with superior athletic abilities. Kyrie Irving is unstoppable in isolation because as soon as he gets past his first defender and there's a rotation he'll finish high off the glass on impossible to block shots, spin moves, fadeaways, and drifting face up jumpers combined with his handles and footwork.

Iso is not bad by nature, it's only bad when you can't play iso and don't have proper matchups, speaking in such a manner that it's inferior to "passing" when passing isn't a scoring technique or art is the high of ignorance and shows you're sheep that regurgitate hot topic garbage by other ignorant talking heads.

Durant in OKC played Iso and LeBron plays Iso now. How did they stack up to the movement based Warriors? Durant had arguably his best statistical season switching from Iso heavy play to movement

>Iso is not bad by nature
is iso basketball though

1- Lebron
2- Kawhi
3- Durant
4- Curry
5- Harden
6- Westbrook
7- Gianis
8- AD
9- Wall
10- PG
11- Butler
12- Boogie
13- KAT
14- Cp0
15- Draymond
16- Klay
17- Lillard
18- Kyrie
19- Derozan
20- Hayward
21- Melo
22- IT
23- Conley
24- Gasol
25- Beal

Good list

Durant is better than Kawhi

>Kawhi over Durant
>Harden over Westbrook
>Wall that high
>PG that high
>Butler that high
>Cousins that high
>Klay that high
>Derozan that high
>Gasol

Shit list

no he fucking isnt, he's the best scorer in the league, but kawhi is an elite scorer and defender

>read above
>le round numbers meme xD
>no argument city
>he doesnt rate based marc
post your list fuckboi

16 - labrador retriever
17 - klay thompson

>Falling for the manlet meme
>He's already broken
>Trades a superstar that won them the championship
>B-but we got a pick in a weak draft with a team that's got no motivation to tank

WTF was Cleveland thinking? One injury to the GSWs and the Celtics could be winning the fucking title because of these retards....

>One injury to the GSWs and the Celtics could be winning the fucking title because of these retards....
imagine actually believing this

>weak draft
probably very wrong, but it's questionable whether or not the nets pick will give them a top 5 pick.

they could trade up though. a kid liek bagley or doncic could be transformative.

Ahaha ha no

>mfw the Nets pick ends up being 8th and Leaveland drafts a bust as the Celtics get Ayton third overall from the Lacucks

Durant played retarded iso. He ignored his best isolation abilities in favor of posting up at the three point line, jacking up contested three point shots off these post ups or in transition when he wasn't open, and doing step backs when they were completely unnecessary. KD was almost unstoppable off the mid to high post. That's the issue when he was in OKC, he didn't play smart in the most critical situations and willingly sought out tough unnecessary shots. I can understand taking tough shots when there's no other option, but retarded shit like this youtube.com/watch?v=ceDFi7CLNjo is completely unnecessary and goes against his strengths, like facing up on less mobile PFs, Cs, and SFs. Posting up on smaller players and not settling for fadeaways and stepbacks when he can spin or drive then pass or finger roll to the rim.

LeBron's isolation is really just crossing over first defenders and driving to the rim because no one can keep him in front of him, if you stay in front of him and there's another defender waiting for him at the rim he'll pass out to the open man or drive then kick, or finish his his athleticism. So his isolation is unstopable. He occasionally settles for fadeaways but that part of his game has slowly beem reduced.

Acting like isolation is one thing and not a multi faceted array of scoring techniques is beyond ignorant as even entry level basketball fans know iso comes in many forms and not a catchall for one aspect.

And Durant still plays a lot of iso, but it's favorable matchups and quick shots without taking a lot of time to settle on bad shots, he even still takes bad shots but last year he made those bad shots as he's been accustomed to his entire career from college and onward. His shot against LeBron people seem to jerk off too much was a contested three pointer at the top of the key, as in a isolation shot.

>Kawhi is an elite scorer
He put up the same amount of points as KD while being the first open on a generous team and far less efficiently. KD put up what he did with two other 18 shots a game players next to him.

What a shit list, just stop posting here bro

offense is more important than defense otherwise Curry, and especially Harden and Westbrook shouldn't be in the top 10

KDs points are the easiest points anyone has gotten in NBA history. Same could be said for Curry and Klay.

Kawhi had to carry bum ass Aldridge and the Spurs while the whole defense was focused on him.

>Durant can't play iso

youtube.com/watch?v=bO5vDFxDBYk

LeBron's iso isn't unstoppable though. There's a reason he can't just drive and dunk the entire game and never lose. It take's a lot more energy to do that than it does pass the ball around. The more you iso the more energy you can expend which means with every iso statistically speaking the chance of your teammates being able to score a shot over you being able to score a shot increases

LeBron's iso is unstoppable because he passes to the open man if someone double teams him at any point. You ignored the entire sentence I wrote. I didn't say he only dunks dumbass.

Durant's last season at OKC vs Kawhi last season
35.8 vs 33.4 MPG
28.2 vs 25.5 PPG
.505 vs .485 FG%
.380 vs .387 3P%
8.2 vs 5.8 RPG
5 vs 3.5 APG
1 vs 1.8 SPG
1.2 vs 0.7 BPG
That's called ball movement. Iso is when you hold the ball and run the play and finish by yourself

>Source: Bulls Knew Cameron Payne Couldn't Play In NBA After 2nd Practice

>“We knew the second practice [after he was acquired] that he couldn’t play at [an NBA] level,’’ said a source close to the situation. “The only reason it took two practices was because we thought maybe it was nerves in the first one.

>“Any [Bulls] coach who says differently is lying. ... We got ‘Garred’ on that one.’’

>The source was referring to Gar Forman. Chicago's front office even called Payne "the point guard of the future."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just paid off my 2k18 preorder bros

t. retard

Iso is short for isolation and refers to scoring in isolation and creating out of isolation.

You're retarded. Ball movement isn't a scoring technique, it is a fundamental basketball move to avoid travelling.

>Durant at okc
>comparing a heavy iso team vs a pass friendly team

Kawhi only took 1.5 less shots than Durant
When most people think of Isolation it's when people try and do everything themselves. When people see someone drive and kick they think ball movement. If driving and kicking is isolation then any play which involves one person moving to the rim can be classified as isolation

He's right. Why do you think Avery Bradley, the best on-ball defender isn't even a top 40 player

because AB isn't as good offensively.

offense is more important than defending but if two players are as close as KD and Kawhi you have to look at other things to rank them, mainly, Kawhi being on a worse team, and secondly, how Kawhi should literally win DPOY every year.

You just did it again retard. Pass happy isn't an offensive system. Iso isn't some negative boogy man term. OKC ran an offense where their best players created shots and scoring off of isolation play off drives, post ups, and off the dribble shots. Which creates offense off double teams, drive and kick, and P&R.

Pass happy is not a baskeball term, if you mean motion offense that's not by default superior to any other system without proper execution and skill sets.

Nah you're a dumbass, KD is and was always better than Kawhi.

you're a casual idiot

ooga booga niggerball

>Spurdoras using "casual" as an insult

lmfao

I'm scared KAT is gonna become the offensive version of Drummond and plateau on his development bros

>implying im a spursfag

So you're just a regular faggot then

>i-if you have a different opinion ur gay xD
simply epic

He's right though, Nas hasn't been relevent since the 90s. Illmatic is 10x better than anything Future or Migos has released but Nas still isn't relevant

How many cocks do you suck on the daily, gayboi?

Motion offense = constant or near constant body movement, multiple off ball screens, and misdirection plays to create open shots and cuts to the basket for players that have trouble creating open shots or generating open shots for teammates with tradition means, usually isolation off post ups of drives.

Negatives of his system is that the team as a whole must be well educated and well versed in the offense, timing, and conditioned for the constant movement. Is historically rarely successful due to the amount of time that must be committed into mastering it, as you can tell the Golden State Warriors were not great for many years and it took moving out many players for years to properly acquire players that fit this system.

Isolation comes in many forms, most traditional is inside outside offense which begins with isolation post ups by big men who pass out to surroundings players for open shots after the big man is double teamed.
Requires highly skilled tall players who can score in one on one situations out of the block, most famously with back to the basket techniques, and must be able to pass to open players on the perimeter or cutting to the basket.
This style was revolutionized by the triangle offense which simplified the system to 3 main players who acted by posting up, cutting, or spacing the floor, and doing all with perfect timing and passing. This was also successfully ran by two different 6'6 players when it was usually ran by a 7 footer.

Then there's one on one iso plays where a ball handler is isolated on a single defender, teammates move away from the ball handler to space the floor and allow this one on one opportunity while being available to make a perimeter shot if left open by a defender attempting to double team the ball handler, most famously used by the 76ers in the Allen Iverson era, but has existed for a long long time in many different individual plays but was never used as heavily in a team offense until the 76ers in the Iverson era.

Sure i guess, it's not really something i care about enough to say you're wrong or anything. Plus i dont know who illmatic is.

Why does some sperglord always type a wall of text no one is gonna fucking read, like damn breh this is Sup Forums not reddit.

Fuck off Larry

>i dont know who illmatic is.
got me there for a second

gottem, i was hoping someone would yell at me for it.

Legit feel bad for Payne but damn he was bad.

The fact Presti managed to trade him for a better player in McDermott and only sacrificed two players on expiring contracts and got a 2nd round pick as well..... That's just god tier GMing.

it was a good try, i lifted an eyebrow for a second

presti is like top 5 in the league.

He's being brainwashed by the same priest that turned Bieber into a Jesus freak. Look it up

It's what happens when you reveal your power level and (((((they))))) start to control you

Sorry but he talks about Buddhist shit, not Christian. And that guy you're talking about is just a typical preacher that targets young people with an alternative brand that's okay with piercings, tattoos, and rock and roll!

Welcome welcome! A new dynasty is born

Been too long since a Celtic graced the cover

This dude needs his beard back like LeBron needs playmakers.

>le second round exit man

why isn't it PP?

>allen should've been fmvp

....you guys been watching the ball family reality tv show?

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA.

NBA will never recover.

Not gonna lie beardless Kyrie scares the fuck out of me.

It's extremely uncomfortable.

Can't wait for this rematch and the exact same outcome. You'd think celcucks would have learned from all the shit they talked last season

where's shumpert going and what will they got for him?

>replacing Kyrie with D Rose and Jose Calderon

lmao

I guess that means you lose by 35 instead of 50 next time

is there anybody on earth right now who can 100% think the celtics won this trade?

Beardless Kyrie looks like a bum ass nigga that can't hoop

what is /nba/ status after the Godrie and Godwood press conference?

>cavs still have lebum
he'll stretch that green whiteboi ass again, don't delude yourself lmao