Is this the best nirvana album?

is this the best nirvana album?

Yes.

It's the only good Nirvana album.
There's many 90s rock bands who deserved to take over the world much more than Nirvana, including Cobain's wife's band.

It's the only Nirvana album I like. I tried listening to Nevermind but I couldn't make it all the way through. It was just too happy and clean.

have you tried listening to bleach, ny unplugged, and incesticide? NVM is the only one with that poppy refined production.

>There's many 90s rock bands who deserved to take over the world much more than Nirvana, including Cobain's wife's band.
No, not even remotely. None of the bands you mentioned would have even been able to cross over to the mainstream and be as widely successful as Nirvana without their indie credibility being horribly diminished, their critical acclaim heavily decreasing, or the quality of their music declining as well. What made Nirvana such a unique band in the first place was their ability to craft melodic pop tunes, the types that even kids would be able to remember, and merge it with a destructive, brutal and beyond distorted noise that appealed to hardcore and metal fans. Their ethos revolved around passion, spontaneity, and creativity, all jammed into simplicity. They didn't pride themselves on being the most intricate artists (though at times, their music, especially on In Utero, could rival quite a few art rock/metal bands at the time in terms of lyricism), but what they lacked in complexity, they made up for in sheer energy combined with abstract idealism. Kurt Cobain's singing was somewhat of an acquired taste, but still was original insofar he was the first real singer to actually yell melodically, without sounding like a ditz or a moron.

Meanwhile, most indie bands didn't have that level of ubiquity or simplicity as Nirvana; they thrived on their pretentiousness and inaccessibility, even with signing on to a major label. Therefore, they remained in an inevitable rut. If they ever attempted to mix "poppier" influences into their music, they would lose all sorts of credibility with their original fan-base, and in turn, be heavily shunned and rejected as "sell-outs."

Yes

And opinions on the 2013 mix? I miss the strings in Dumb but like it a little more.

>but still was original insofar he was the first real singer to actually yell melodically, without sounding like a ditz or a moron

blocks your path

Alice in Chains was better

demo tapes are better

Buppy.

This.

No

I think you mean least shitty, and no, they all suck equally. Listen to STP

Wrong choice bro.

Which ones?

This

you mean Soundgarden

>only I say who deserves to be famous!