Home defense

What is the best weapon/tool to have besides firearms?

And why is it a spear or club?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ATUX7UG/ref=aw_wl_ov_dp_2_4?colid=2BWA7BX1WKHIV&coliid=I8KX1QHNFGGF0
youtube.com/watch?v=f3HH7mBTbHM
youtube.com/watch?v=O8RWLxlzTiM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=V6qajuchtik
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyai2TqTTe0
youtu.be/-d8EYyveK_E
youtube.com/watch?v=hH-Ii4HUkww
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have a claymore

definitely not the best but would be cool to slay someone with it

plumbata

A good dog.

This.

One of these

The best offense is a deadly defense, booby traps motherfucker.

Spearfag, swords are better, 5 to 7.5 mm of cutting edge for faggots like you.

a dagger

Daggers are for thiefs, swords are for warriors.

Get out sneak fag.

An decommissioned Weapons apc, just run cunts over innit. Or a tank with no cannon

>Implying i can't just teleport behind and kill him with my sword

The Billhook.

Do you even Total War?

I'd say the best weapon besides a firearms is a brain, which even the firearms essentially needs.

I love your b8 m8

They're also for close quarters, like, a house or an office building for example.

Apart from my guns I've got one of these. It would definitely fuck somebody up.

>Lame swordfag
Sup Forumsearms are the best

Reach
Hooks
More force behind blows
Can stab in tight spaces

If you didn't mind some collateral property damage I think a homemade flamethrower would be a good bet. They would definitely not see it coming

This. A large, well-trained animal is going to end most conflicts before they start. I had a meth head break in to my place at close to three AM years ago and my Corso had him cornered, cowering, and a step away from pissing himself before I was even downstairs.

A safe room, cameras and a toxic gas generator.

Lol I'd wreck you with a quarterstaff, m80.

Shields and swords are infinitely better.

Can block
Can parry
Easy maneuver
Can charge the enemy
More speciality in sword types
A lot of weapon based martial arts for swords

I have thought about it, since it will be close quarters with limited swing room, you are looking at a short sword or a short spear. Unless you live in the god blessed USAryan and can own a gun.
Related
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ATUX7UG/ref=aw_wl_ov_dp_2_4?colid=2BWA7BX1WKHIV&coliid=I8KX1QHNFGGF0

Now that's just great, go somewhere else if you aren't providing reasons.

>2015+1
>Not using a wrist crossbow and sword for home defense

youtube.com/watch?v=f3HH7mBTbHM

Think you could stop a 220 pound mastiff in a charge?

Faith in Jesus Christ.

Yeah... swords and shit

Attack liger

The Power of Kek

Polearms are only really good in formation. 1v1 not so much. Especially for home defense.

Hey, swords are better than a shotgun, right?
Please no firearms, read the post.

Did this thread tickle your autism?

This thread couldn't have come in a better time for me. I've been trying to make up an excuse for buying a sword and now I got it: self-defence.

I imagine a lapliger would be just as effective really.

motherfucking mace
do you even deus vult

Maces are heavy and only good against armor and shield fags.

atgeir

Eigill Skallagrimsons favorite amongst others, they liked to wear tons of weapons at the same time.

Basically a short spear that also have an axe

>besides firearms
this isn't some bumfuck country I live in, I live In the best goddamn country in the world. A place where I could buy that bad boy up there at Walmart. I don't need a medieval hunk of metal when I have good ole Remington in my closest.

Pepper spray.

Requires zero force or training to use properly to blind and immobilize someone so you can stab them easier.

this pretty much looks like an atgeir variant

So pepper spray and dagger?

Maces are good against anything

A pike

Tell that to my sword brute.
No it's not a katana.

Pike fags get out REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Spear is only good in formation, not 1v1

youtube.com/watch?v=O8RWLxlzTiM

Spear has reach. When you can reach your opponent and your opponent cant reach you, the advantage is heavily on your side. The person with the sword spends the entire fight trying to negate your reach, which you can undo his progress by stepping back or widening your grip on the spear.

Best hope you're outside or had time to don a gas mask.

Go back to Runescape

As long as you have a bit of muscle a mace becomes a tool of dodge-or-a-bone-breaks

>not having a hammer for crushing Targaryen degenerates

Shields are good

Check out YouTube's diy
Make your own if you want
m.youtube.com/watch?v=V6qajuchtik
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyai2TqTTe0

That's not a dog.

In your house no. Your best bet while indoors is to find a hallway and point your spear, long sword, rapier, anything with a good stabbing point forward.

A shield.

Spear beats dog

In the closeness of a room in a house, actually something like a hand-axe is the best melee weapon.
bigger weapons like Katanas and claymores in a house just aren't as good as a small axe or short one handed sword.

Thats a risky bet. You get one chance.

Pshh nothing personal kid

Sure, if you can act quickly and not tire yourself if you can't land a hit.

Thinking brute force can beat dodging is also idiotic, but my mistake if i only think they are upper effective on people who rely on blocking.

Ok, why not ambush or get ambushed in your own house then?

>dogs barking
>dog charges crazy man with spear
>as he's focused on the dog he's killed from behind by equally crazy homeowner with spear

happy summer

I've killed coyotes and hogs with my boar spear

My home defense is very simple...

I'm never there!!!!!

What about your belongings?

Great reddit thread up votes all around

Exactly. I would want a pack a German shepards. Multiple is way better than one.

youtu.be/-d8EYyveK_E

Damn bro, isn't that a little bit overkill?

Compact crossbow.

Coyotes and hogs are working on instinct, a properly trained security dog is a different kind of animal.

>home defense
>reddit thread

The real question here is how you know how reddit works and even threw in upboats.

same. feels good man

i have a hatchet and a can of bear spray for backup.

i doubt i'll need them though.

Okay

You are so right.

sword is retarded indoors, you want a dagger.

>heavy
maybe if you're a pussy. maces weigh 2-3 lbs

I'll guess battles inside castles or inside walls were open space then?

Can second this. My family has historically kept doberman pinscher and rottweilers on our property. Never had break ins. Never been fucked with.

Jesus I knew this was an autistic board but the discussion immediately devolved into swords vs spear arms?

Buy a gun op.

The problem is the air resistance it get's, if you want to land a hit you have to be fast or calculate the movement.

Thing is, dodging takes much more effort and finesse than swinging a fucking club, and you being a Sup Forumsack, I doubt you're capable of ducking and weaving long enough to get a hit in.

Unless you have a spear in which case lel

Warhammer master race

Read the OP
Key words "besides firearms"

>What is the best weapon/tool to have besides firearms?

My fist.

youtube.com/watch?v=hH-Ii4HUkww

Clubs OK but next to a spear is the sword

Something that can be used one handed in close quarters is ideal, cutlass were used on ships because they were handy in close ranks on the deck or in tight quarters bellow deck. Anything with about a 24 in blade or smaller would work well, a cutlass, arming sword, wakazashi or any other short sword that you like

I appreciate you properly hyphenating that compound modifier.

halberd even better

Meant for

The problem has been stated in my previous comment That is the main problem about it, you have to think and not just swing it around, not hitting something tires you more.

Yep, halberds are pretty useful

Pretty much three weapons in one form

you guys are all so stupid the best offense is the best defense pay 5 dollars to a group of niggers to rob anyone who gets near your house so robs and people in general know to stay away

bonus all your neighbors will move away so you dont have to deal with them either

is a cane corso good as a guard and protection dog ? do they hold criminals at bay or do they also attack them if they need to ?

cyan:wave:Sell rune halberd 35k

Well, yeah, not as easy to use as a pokey stick.

Are warhammers actually all that easy to use? Seems like you'd get the benefits of a polearm and a mace...