/Steely Dan/

Does Sup Forums like Steely Dan? I recently listened to the "Gaucho" album and its just fucking amazing. Especially the title track is absolutely perfect.

youtube.com/watch?v=B_6p4ehUTxM

I dont like to sound like old people but, dem chord progressions....

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ByqFJ9fxJY
youtube.com/watch?v=pAuPMJlK92s
youtube.com/watch?v=kND8TRZap8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=jJ9Xk-VoGqo
youtu.be/iWYchJI0Cv8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is one is brilliant too

youtube.com/watch?v=5ByqFJ9fxJY

I've actually been listening to him a lot lately it's great shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=pAuPMJlK92s

What kind of band are you trying to get me listening to?

>Steely Dan embodied and flaunted their contradictions: spotlessly produced and impeccably performed studio creations about unsympathetic losers and aging, horny sociopaths. They borrowed from the most soulful and emotional black music -- twisting but not impenetrable jazz, organ-swole R&B, locked-in funk at least as deep and labyrinthine as the Meters — for an antiseptic, whitewashed, downright creepy waiting-room version that sold “sophistication” to rockers in the guise of toxic masculinity at its most polished.

aja = katy lied > countdown to ecstasy > pretzel logic = can't buy a thrill > gaucho >>>>> royal scam

What kind of band are you trying to get me listening to?

>Steely Dan embodied and flaunted their contradictions: spotlessly produced and impeccably performed studio creations about unsympathetic losers and aging, horny sociopaths. They borrowed from the most soulful and emotional black music -- twisting but not impenetrable jazz, organ-swole R&B, locked-in funk at least as deep and labyrinthine as the Meters — for an antiseptic, whitewashed, downright creepy waiting-room version that sold “sophistication” to rockers in the guise of toxic masculinity at its most polished.

Bruh Royal Scam is damn amazing

you aren't allowed to like what I don't like, so leave

NIKKI DONT LOSE THAT NUMBER

Just curious why don’t you like it?

Bad Sneakers is probably my favorite track, the chorus is just so fucking perfectly crafted and impactful I can't get over it

maaan, this is the song my dad used to listen to all the time, I never found it, but im pretty sure its this one.

Bless you.

The second verse always makes me so happy.

Your dad had good taste, user, it's a great track. I'm glad you were able to find it. I hope listening to it makes you as happy as it did him.

>you know I'm, laughing at the frozen raaaayaaain~

Why is it that every time I post Steely Dan and related albums I get called a dadrocker but if someone posts a thread analyzing said band they're suddenly actual decent musicians to Sup Forums.

On another note, Dirty Work has godly vocals, does anyone some recommendations based off my love for that?

Well the only other song with David Palmer on lead vocals is Brooklyn Owes the Charmer Under Me from Can’t Buy a Thrill (the same album with dirty work). That’s the only album he’s on though.

I just listened to this, thanks for the rec. It's a shame they didn't use him more.

I always hated this when my dad listened to it because I thought the singer had a pillow in his mouth. But I guess I just didnt hear it all well enough. My mom is a dirty hippie and hates Steely Dan, so maybe she rammed it into my subconscious at the time. I have seen the light now, though.

My dad was in a pretty successful band that toured the whole country at the time, and he always said that Steely Dan was a "band's band". I guess he was right, its damn good.

I know. I actually preferred him over Donald Fagen at first until Fagen’s voice grew on me. One of the complaints I read about Palmer’s voice from back then was that he always sonded like he was about to cry, or something along those lines. Can’t remember why they officially got rid of him, or why he quit. Perhaps just musical differences.

youtube.com/watch?v=kND8TRZap8Y

i really like this song

THE CUERVO GOLD

Good choice.

YOUR FRIEND WILL NEVER BE WELCOME HERE

One of the reasons I like Dirty Work so much is the fact that he stretches the lyrics out to the point where his lightly-treading vocals turn into really well rounded and powerful swells.

Yeah I inow exactly what you mean. Dirty Work is probably in my top 5 Steely Dan songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=jJ9Xk-VoGqo

>hating royal scam

youtu.be/iWYchJI0Cv8