congratulations - 4/10
mgmt - 6/10
little dark age - 7/10

actually die

C > LDA > OS > MGMT

true but they dont need to

worst possible taste

S T A B Y O U R F A C E B O O K

why are congratulations shitters so defensive of their mediocre synth rock album

Congratulations>OS>LDA>MGMT

SELL
SELL
SELL

>you're not very big at all

Delete this track and then LDA becomes better than Congratulations, fact.

Congratulations = LDA

scrap the rest

>he doesn't like the best track on the album

When You're Small and Days That Got Away are the only tracks that prevent this album from becoming AOTY.

I love that line

Days That Got Away is true pleb filter

What do you love about it?

It's place in the sequence just feels like it diminishes the legit great closer, too.

Fuck off. It's a boring filler track.

At least Lady Dada's Nightmare invoked spooky vibes. This is just kind of annoying jam in a time signature that isn't 4/4.

>What do you love about it?
Its really goofy and redundant but still gets the point across

The track order should've been James, One Thing Left to Try, and then Hand It Over.

I love the atmosphere of Days that got away

it's a nice interlude

>in a time signature that isn't 4/4.
Is this bait or is "NOT IN 4/4!!!!1" actually a reason you think makes a song bad?

It's getting a lot more praise than it should be because it's the most different sounding track on the album. It literally goes from 80s new wave to something that doesn't even come close to the psychedlia on Congratulations. It feels out of place and it's pretty mediocre. It drags the album down.

maybe its an example of not being able to "make it down the hall," like a beleaguered sigh to close out the meter but all I think about is how much better Nina Simone did it 50 years ago.

The music itself is beautiful around it, so it's just plain awkward there

Do you work out enough, Sup Forums?

Considering it’s in my top 5 of all time I’m fine with them never quite topping it.

>Do you work out enough, Sup Forums?
you're not going to like this...

Oof, I feel very conflicted about this album. The singles that were released before the drop were and are incredible, but I just don't care for any of the other songs so far. I'm meh on 60% of the album. Still better than MGMT though.

Congratulations>Indie Rokkers LP>OS>LDA>MGMT

>It's getting a lot more praise than it should
literally who is praising it? All I see are shitters calling it the worst track

I'm actually recovering from an exercise addiction

>Indie Rokkers LP
What? Wtf am i missing?

I'll be one of those Days That Got Away defenders. It's got a sickly, languid anxiety surrounding it like when you know the drink you're holding doesn't taste good, but you weren't drinking it for the flavor. Or when you're too tired to move, but your heartbeat is only getting faster.

Whoops lmao, I meant the Time to Pretend LP

You mean Time to Pretend EP right?

Yes...

[spoiler]I'm retarded[/spoiler]

literally die Sup Forums

It never works out with me and other girls because I never work out enough

No problem user i knew i should download the EP but you just reminded me, i was excited for an obscure LP thou. Thanks :)

Anyone seen em live? Opinions?

I actually saw the tail end of their set at a festival probably about 7 years ago, but it was after the first album had just come out so they probably quite different now

Digging the hell out of this

jealous

If you haven't heard of it, they made a demo album in college that was never officially released but somehow leaked online called "Climbing to New Lows." Worth a listen if you like older MGMT.

FINALLY SOMEONE SAYS THIS.
THANK YOU.

hey i also saw them at the tail end of their set at a festival like 7 years ago - at firefly in like 2012

kek user, patrician taste.
move lda to 3/10 and we're golden

Nobody has

Maybe Black Foliage but that’s about it

they're great live. go see them. they aren't scared to play a 10 minute jam like most bands now

its got an uneasiness to it but its smooth at the same time.

I really like it, it was a grower for sure though

LDA>MGMT>Oracular>Congratulations

Congratulations is really good though

Oh hey I just watched this video on /r/videos too, OP!

I saw them just after their self titled came out. They put on a pretty good performance and had some cool visuals going with the lights and fog and a screen behind them showing Optimizer-esque scenes. It was a pretty good night.

>Congratulations
>LDA
>OS
>MGMT

?
Its been agreed that Congratulations was a super good album since a long time ago

get lost, shrimp dick

th-they did....

[citation needed]

no

nice yellow surf table

LDA is fucking kino and the fact the p4k panned it makes it all the sweeter to listen to

Agreed

e's just shitposting to feel better about himself

nice way to reveal you're from plebbit, you cretin

I guess I'll have to be the one to say it

LDA is literally MGMT's only good album

the first half is good and the second half is all filler

James is a great song fag

nice epic super good post friendo

because anyone who shits on it is just shitposting.

hot opinion

LDA>Congratulations

and I love congratulations

IT FEELS LIKE

SOMEONE'S MISSING

Oracular Spetacular - 6/10
Congratulations - 8/10
MGMT - 7/10
Little Dark Age - 8/10