Is this the last culturally relevant/significant rock album?

Is this the last culturally relevant/significant rock album?

If you're American maybe.

?

what singles from that made regular radio play?

i think OP might be right. can't think of something similarly critically lauded and commercially popular as well as generally culturally referenced

??

>IN /RAIN!)B0\/\/5
>rock

I know people in who listen to Lil Pump unironically that recognize sick sick sick and 3's and 7's

???

>The Black Keys
??

Sadly youre right. What a shitty way to go out.

Jesus of Suburbia is unironically a 10/10 track.

this is kind of easy

yeah this album was huge.

go naysay somewhere else faggots. rock ain't ever dying

c'mon, man. Don't make an ass of yourself

ain't even mentioned foo fighters yet

here they are

so so easy

This album was sort of the last time that MTV allowed itself to celebrate implicit white identity.

>American Idiot lite

Every single fucking person in Europe knows Mr Brightside, everyone 16-30 in America knows When You Were Young. OP was wrong, period.

Here's some college core.

Except not at all. Not in instrumentation, aesthetic, motifs, themes, nothing.

post 90s dad core (everyone knows Pork and Beans tho)

there are obviously successful rock singles coming out to this day. but full albums? FOH

kek when was the last time you heard any of the 7 songs between Boulevard and Wake Me Up on American Idiot? There's like maybe 30 perfect rock albums in the last 40 years. Doesn't mean OP wasn't completely and utterly wrong

alright im done

>kek when was the last time you heard any of the 7 songs between Boulevard and Wake Me Up on American Idiot?

I dunno, maybe on the Broadway play based on the album?

again, American Idiot was a critically lauded album as a whole with multiple hit singles. the Killers having two major singles (that you mention, though i'd add Somebody Told Me and Human to make four) over a decade+ career doesn't make any of their albums culturally significant, esp since they were all released to mixed critical feedback

no one cares about your autistic obsession with american idiot, op made an inflammatory and easily disproven claim and it got disproven. what are you talking about?

ESP&G was their worst album at the time tho

unironically put this in my top 3 albums of all time.

shame it was tainted by hot topic marketing and fanbase

Possibly. It's pretty crazy how big this album was. It single handedly made the members of Green Day superstars for the rest of their lives and the musical is still going on.
Love this album but it didn't have nearly the same impact as American Idiot.
Absolutely not.
Nobody remembers this album. Foo Fighters are a big deal, but do they have one huge album after Colour and Shape?
Not even the biggest NIN album.
This was a huge one. You could make a case for it.

impact? every one of those albums has at least one song mainstream audiences recognize, and many that rock fans will ----------------> culturally significant.

OP meant the albums as a whole, not singles.

This but unironically.

Fuck, you might be right on this one. Shame as well because this album fucking sucked, and I say that as a pretty big fan of the band.

It was only tainted by the shitty hipsters on boards like these.

MCR is the shit.

ok maybe not cuturally relevant but still AOTC so far

This is the only one I've seen past 2005 with a gigantic fanbase spanning all types of people and penetrating hard into normiedom

Definitely this. They had so many scary obsessive and cultish fans. Things were wild back in '06 when this dropped.

This should have been way bigger than it was

As a completely irrelevant 32 year old fuck that grew up with the band I honestly don't think Weezer has been relevant since the green album. (pork and beans was ok tho)

Nah. It's an okay album but to call it culturally significant is a bit of a stretch.

so you're ignoring the thread and just posting an album you like

No. It referenced topical stuff at the time but it had no substance. Anyone who argues otherwise is a fucking retard.

Awesome album. Wasn't nearly as popular as op's album tho.

Why are you surprised?

I DONT CARE IF YOU DONT I DONT CARE IF YOU DONT I DONT CARE IF YOU DONT CAAAARE

AND I DONT CAAAAAAAAAEEHHRREEE