Was he the best guitarist in all of nu metal, pop punk and emo?

Was he the best guitarist in all of nu metal, pop punk and emo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/P-_rPUqua2U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No.

System of a Down is not Nu Metal.

Underrated

>He has no style
>He has no grace
>This kong
>Has a funny face
A challenger approaches.
Besides, what's the point if you don't play pop punk and nu metal in the same song?
youtu.be/P-_rPUqua2U

What a shitty mask. You can see it starting to peel off on the right side due to all the sweat.

IDK about the best, but I respect how fucking well he can play the songs while also screaming and being overall insane

Yes it is. Get over it.

Try Korn, they're one of the most abrasive and interesting music acts I've heard in a long while. Remind me of my first time hearing Mindless Self Indulgence. All that raw energy, and the hard as fuck music

Can we take a moment to appreciate how fucking amazing Mezmerize/Hypnotize is?

And it (mostly) came out of that man's mind. I don't know about the "best guitarist in nu metal" thing, but deer god can he write amazing material.

He should have just shut the fuck up and let Serj sing though. Daron can write but his voice is awful.

He looks like he does cocaine

>it's been 13 years since the last SOAD album

Official nu-metal supergroup.

>Guitar
Wes Borland
>Bass
Ryan Martinie
>Drums
Joey Jordinson
>Vocals
Chester Bennington

Joey's just a spaz with no taste.

No, you absolute idiot. They're not at all. Having a simple downtuned riff isn't enough to be considered Nu Metal. More specifically, Nu Metal is a fusion genre of Alternative Metal that combines multiple elements of other music, such as Rap/Hip-Hop, Electronic/Techno/Industrial and Experimental with Alternative Rock/Metal (along with other sub-genres of Metal also). I'd argue that NIN had a bit more similarities to that genre due to fusing Industrial and Techno with Alt. Rock/Metal, although they are by no means actually Nu Metal. While typically they seldom differentiated from topics such as pain, angst, destruction and even misanthropy, musically most Nu Metal bands could sound quite a bit different from one another. Where Linkin Park was more introspective in their lyricism and focused more on Electronic, Trip Hop and even Ambient atmospheres with their Alt. Metal sound, Limp Bizkit reveled in bravado, impulsive and tribalistic aggression. Slipknot harkened back to bands like Gwar, Napalm Death and other shock rock/metal acts, while Korn took cues from Faith No More and Helmet. Deftones initially had a more Post-Hardcore undertone to their Nu Metal sound, but upon White Pony, they fused Shoegaze, Dream Pop and Trip Hop into their sound. System of a Down, besides their random, schizophrenic and politically imagery in their lyrics, have no experimentation in their music, and barely fuse genres in their music.

>Darons voice is bad
I hate this meme. His voice is why I like the later albums so much more than the early ones.

On the contrary, I think his voice is quite unique and very expressive. He can be soft and more emotional (Lost In Hollywood, Soldier Side) or full of anger and despair (BYOB, Dreaming) I think both Daron and Serj's voices blend and gel very well together.

are you just trolling? that guy's songs are literally nothing but drop D power chords. It's the easiest most simplistic stuff in the world. That's why everyone got bored with their music.

Nigga you're a fuckin retard

System has never been a technical band (aside from John's drumming, the dude really can play), it's always been more about good songwriting and meaningful lyrics.

No, I'm not. I'm objectively right and you can't handle it. SOAD is not Nu Metal.

I liked Darons voice on the albums just fine as a weird counterbalance to Serj. The problem is that his singing was shit live.