Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vFI-oCt_Pm8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like the Way of the Fist.

I gave Culture 1 a 4.5 on rym.

I only listen to yellow albums

My favourite band is Nine Inch Nails.

This is a terrible album and shouldn't be remembered 20 years on

I legitimately hate any and all hip hop and genuinely wish it was banned from Sup Forums

you forgot to say I think, user. it's okay you are forgiven

i am such a sad person

I hate rap music. I think its just as bad, if not worse, than that MySpace scene kid garbage from ten years ago. Neither of them have an ounce of artistic merit, and neither are worthy of inclusion in a serious musical discussion, but for some reason rap is given a pass and treated as if it were on par with other genres.

I never got into rush or pink floyd

imo this is one of the best art pop albums of the '00s

>42
just goes to show ya

I honestly believe LDA has a chance at being AOTD unless Animal Collective gets their shit together

Johnny Cash is overrated and his fans are obnoxious when they discuss his music

I use facebook humour on Sup Forums to rile people up

Little Dark Age is mediocre at best, and outright bad at worst. The title track and When You Die are the only good songs. Me & Michael is just awful. I VASTLY prefer their first two albums.

I will sometimes be overly left wing or right wing to derail any thread I dislike

I don't like listening to new music because it makes the experience feel less personal.

Whenever I'm at my parents house I piss in the litter box

I dislike most modern pop music for the simple fact that most of the singers try to sound the same, say the same shit, and their producers (who they don't fucking help produce their instrumentals what so ever) always make the same bland beat - kick, clap, kick, kick, clap, sidechained to some obnoxious synth preset from Nexus.

Not gonna slam the hammer down on you. I am not a faggot. What is it that you dislike about hip-hop?

A lot of rap doesn't have artistic merit, yes, but a the same time, a lot of rap does. Rap isn't a genre. Rap is a lyric and vocal delivery style. R.A.P. = rhyme and poetry. If nothing poetic is being said, then the "rapper" is literally just speaking in rhymes like Dr. Seuss, it is not rap. A lot of rap songs don't have artistic merit because they repeat the same shit that has already been said to get a free pass on the poetic part of writing a rap song. A lot of rap does have artistic merit though. MC Ride is an extremely talented rapper, his shit is nothing but artistic, he never says what he means and he speaks in vague statements. He raps poetic lines, but disguises it in vague wording or figurative language. 2Pac is a very overrated rapper, but he was poetic to a great extent. Not everything he said was an Edgar Allen Poe script, but he was extremely poetic about shit when he was poetic. Often in regards to the struggles of life like in songs such as It Ain't Easy and Keep Ya' Head Up (you should give a listen if you are interested in understanding what I am saying). I know this underground rapper, Greydon Square, and he writes shit about his frustration towards religion and he spits about atheism. Very poetic shit right there. Saying that religion is slavery, yet the old slaves from way back when turned to slavery to free themselves, only to enslave themselves more by embedding this all powerful being that forces them to live a certain way into their culture and lives.

i'll sometimes derail an argument by pretending to be one of the anons in an argument and say something retarded so he gets attacked by everyone

i enjoy pleb tier music and dont feel bad about it

I think Music Has the Right to Children is Boards of Canada's weakest album

Fucking yellowposting. I assume this is because of Death Grips and MGMT?

everybody does this

well you should

don't reply to me or yellowposters ever again

This is a music-related confess thread, bud.

calling the cops now

enjoy prison

wew great reply on rap user. i like this a lot.

"Yeah dude did you hear that new Zombie Dog Fucker record? It's such a great medull album oh god."

Right. Because the music that the kind of people saying this shit listen to is SOOOOO much better than motherfucking Death Grips.
Listen to this song and tell me there's no 'artistic merit' or that it 'isn't worthy of inclusion in a serious musical discussion'.
youtube.com/watch?v=vFI-oCt_Pm8

i enjoy horrorcore, memphis and over the top rap

K-POP sucks

>What is it about hip hop that you dislike
I was exaggerating in my post, but generally the overall style doesn't appeal to me. I've listened to almost every variant posted and I just never get the same positive feels as I would from something like Anco or Radiohead. I see why people enjoy it, I just don't

oh nonono

Pop music today mostly subpar, irrelevant bullshit.

Fuck your ass.

i only listen to albums with good reviews

Gotcha. You are good, it's fine. Not everything is for everyone. Some people are more towards traditional live recorded drums. Not everyone enjoys the sampled drum loops that comes per usual with most hip-hop. It's very pick and choose.

You aren't wrong.

I'm entry level in a lot of genres specifically relating to rock and its many, many subgenres.

The only genre I've really delved into beyond the surface is Post-Rock, and I like a lot of third wave post-rock

what do I do lads

I wish I knew how to use memes but it's just too difficult for me

I don't see how people like it. It's corporate, stale garbage.

I unironically enjoy Russian Hardbass, 90s dance hits like the Macarena and Barbie Girl, We Are Number One remixes and Electro Swing.

I rate music on how well I can jack off to it. The more I'm able to lose myself in a trance state and enter a universe of dick and pussy the more I like the song.

I'm a real INTP and I actually prefer Muse to Radiohead, because Muse sings about stuff the mind can explore, not teenager feels.

I love both Burzum and Brockhampton.

It took me a decade to enjoy what Sup Forums listens to. It took Sup Forums a decade to enjoy what I listen to. We have changed each other, perhaps even traded places. Now I am the patrician in a nirvana of hipster music, and Sup Forums is the pleb newfag listening to top 40 and vidya OSTs.

Look up similar artists on google and stop pretending you're into some unknown secret music. Fag.

Deleting your post won't save you

The wiki has alot of charts for for rock subgenres. Look there.

Dude it want even that bad. I could've not deleted if I wanted to

I like pop country and bro country

Hell yea bro. Me too.

I hated on Sup Forumscore for the longest time because the album art all looked like boring grandpa gospel shit. What I discovered was that the music stood for itself, and that top 40 musicians use flashier, more attention grabbing album art because they have no real musical substance worth selling. Top 40 album art is the equivalent of a McDonald's advertisement - a bunch of hype for a barely functional meal that has a catchy but worthless, unfulfilling flavor. Sup Forumscore is the really great locally owned restaurant that always serves fresh, has the game on and has that hot milf waitress that always likes to chat with you. It serves favorites that are locally popular, but you'll never see an ad for it on television or expect people outside of the area to know about it.

Whenever someone on here recs me an album I check rym and if it isn't at least a 3.5 there I don't bother listening to it

How

Overrated but still one of the best country musicians

Pretty sure most people just "listen" to it for the cute girls (or boys). I can't imagine anyone with an IQ over 80 enjoys the music.

I fucking love Barenaked Ladies.
Specifically Maybe You’re Right and Beautiful.
Songwriting and singing doesn’t get better than that.

Believe is Disturbed's best album, perfect if you need something comfy and mellow.

just MGMT

You and i both

my first album

hours is one of Bowie's best

i still genuinely enjoy this edgy teenager album

please fuck my wife

>radiohead

Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, Halsey, Imagine Dragons and Zara Larsson were my top artists on Spotify last year.

I'm about 90% sure that Still Not Getting Any... by Simple Plan was the first CD that I owned.

I too, enjoy Halsey.

And are you.... Still not getting any?
BAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>cause I just wanna look good for you, good for you
>I just wanna look good for you, good for you..

I'm not. Haven't been laid in about five years.

I agree. I was yellowposting with the rest of them, but the album is like a solid 6 or 7 in my opinion. Title track is good. When You Die is one of the best song/music video combinations I've ever seen. But the rest of the album is utterly forgettable.

gay

Viper is legit good

Modern music sucks

I think Congratulations is their worst album.
And s/t their best

Today I fantasized about making a playlist for a cute girl in my japanese class. It didn't turn out to be a very good playlist, I might work on it more then slip it into her backpack while she isn't looking.

Blue Album > Pinkerton

wow

wisdom. it's honestly a huge comfort to know that there are people like this on this board

Euphoric af

I'm a dadrocker and I'm secretly afraid that I won't be able to find other music that I truly love that isn't dadrock

I'm addicted to buying music.

I pretty much only listen to stuff from the 50's and 60's. I used to be into a lot of dadrock but now find most of it sounds overblown and excessively produced.

Forgot pic, this is most of what I bought in the past year. I transfer it from my laptop to my bed every day because I don't have much other space for it all.

I feel you my dude. Prog rock is not my thing