Aside from the shitty romance subplot, what exactly was so terrible about this movie?

Aside from the shitty romance subplot, what exactly was so terrible about this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GaXHDpCe-KI
youtube.com/watch?v=ICSNhMSaVgk
youtube.com/watch?v=PW4OIHDsWsM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Everything else

I HAVE A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS!

Anakin was 100% right about sand. Easily the worst part of the beach. People hate hard truths

I DON'T LIKE SAND

>cgi
>bad acting
Sometimes bad acting can be debatable but holy fuck, that was some cringy shit.

Holy shit stop posting Star Wars threads.

This was the best prequel via the Kamino, Jango and Corresant scenes alone. Fucking 8 year olds.

It was meant to be bad. Neither Anakin and Padme had ever been in a relationship, or even flirted with anyone else. They were raised to assume they'd be celibate for life, so they never even imagined romance. It was meant to show how the Republics ways were outdated and producing emotionally crippled and immature leaders who could be manipulated easily be Sheev.

That's too complex for Lucas' brain

ironic shitposting is still shitposting, lucas

/thread

Acting and dialogue, aka critical elements

I think the movies came in a bad time. CGI was taking its turn, but it was too soon to abuse it like this. The movies should have been done 10 years later.

That horrible cgi

I actually enjoy Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith, but I can't defend AOTC.
I'd actually consider it worse than the Disney films.

No exposition at all, more than half the information is confusing as fuck because none of it really makes much sense. Since this is a Fantasy film, all the stuff thrown at you gives you even more questions than before that are only answered by reading the EU canon.
Characters do fuck-all and the only scene worth out of this movie is
youtube.com/watch?v=GaXHDpCe-KI
This, because there's some sort of depth involved with the Jedi themselves (making them shadier instead of total good goys), as well as giving Obi-Wan and Dooku some sort of contrast, making the dialogue at least interesting.

Other than that, they waste more characters and Lucas made a point in making Jango Fett a joke because Boba Fett wasn't his creation.
... come to think of it, Jango Fett as a whole is fucking retarded. Why teh fuck was it necessary to see Boba Fett as a kid, and his father who wears exactly the same shit. Because "everything has to be connected", exactly. Dumb as fuck.
I don't think I minded Anakin's character, though. Don't remember Hayden's acting either.

It's a 2002 movie. By that time we had two LoTR movies and Matrix.
The CGI is bad, no excuses.

>couch wars

Nothing happened

no hershlag pusy scene !!!

Yes but look. Jackson used CGI in a smart way. Combined special effects with CGI and that's the right way to do it. Lucas made everything CGI.

Nothing. It's the only Star Was film that's pure Kino

Half of those shots make me wanna puke.

Nothing, they are great.

looks like cartoon trash

It also had 'Across the Stars'.
But it's still the worst prequel.

Every line out of Anakin's mouth was "whine whine whine whine". That was a really weird choice by Lucas, to have his protagonist's entire dialogue consist of a single word on repeat. I wonder why he did that.

What video game is this?

everything except the tusken raider slaughter which should have gone on longer and christopher lee hamming it up as count doo doo

got some great williams tracks too but they're wasted in this dumpsterfire

>I DON'T LIKE SAND
youtube.com/watch?v=ICSNhMSaVgk
someone make a webm!!!!!

holy fucking kek
That's some aspie tier acting

Every frame looks so dense.

For you

Slightly off topic but what is it with George Lucas and making the bad guys so laughably weak/non-threatening?

Why does he insist on having the main characters cut down the droids/stormtroopers like they're not even trying. How am I supposed to feel any sort of tension or fear of the bad guys if they always seem to lose every fight they're in unless they have ridiculously overwhelming numbers of soldiers?

Rouge One was the worst for this. I can count on my fingers how many rebels died on-screen (Ignoring the Darth Vader moment at the end).

Looking back PlayStation 3 graphics really weren't that bad

Yeah man, Lucas really fucked up Rogue One

>Lucas made everything CGI.

That was said in another thread by another user, but first 10 seconds are actually really good.

Am i supposed to hate this? I love the clone wars design and I get top tier comfy from prequels as whole. Also beyond the strong themes I don't like the originals as movies.

Yeah I know Lucas didn't make Rouge One. I included it because it serves as an extreme example of what I'm talking about. No need to be autistic you smarmy cunt

I was there. And like I told him, kill yourself.

You're right. 95% of everything.

see the CG effects are just trash

>surround yourself with yes men
>not a single person questions your decisions
>make one of the worst movoes ever

It's like poetry

I miss those early 2000's PS2 CG cutscenes

Man, the Clone Wars tv show was pretty decent.

>legitimately hate
>tfw I can't tell people because they think I'm meming

Still. Lucas knew back then that the technology wasn't capable being more realistic as is it now.

I've played PC games in 2008 that had similar CGI.

fuck off

Jesus fucking christ, the choreography was pathetic

Nigger, I'm not arguing that the whole movie is good. It has a bunch of okay moments, but otherwise it's a big heap of shit.

meant for

The dialogue, the acting, the script, the characters' motivations, the CGI already ugly for its time, Yoda jumping around with a baby lightsaber.
It's easier to say what wasn't terrible about it, and that was the score and...uh...the score.

What a fucking lazy piece of shit.

What game is this?

I don't get it either.
That clip was great.

Haha what the fuck am I looking at here?

Somebody should edit this so Dooku uses pocket sand on Anakin

Looks like fucking Grim Fandango.

No Lucas you fuck off

Oh I forgot, this was good
youtube.com/watch?v=PW4OIHDsWsM

Kill yourself.

I don't have one of the asian chick at the end.

>one of the main points that the trilogy has to do to succeed is make it feel like theres a real bond between Obi Wan and Anakin so his turn feels more tragic and meaningful
>entire movie has them arguing or not with each other at all

I have NO REASON to care about these twos friendship if all you do is tell me about it and dont show me it.

Why are engineers in SW so obsessed with making walkers? They seem slow and vulnerable. Just put vehicles on repulsorlifts or something with tank treads for backup

>It was meant to be bad
That's fucking retarded, if I make something for you to eat that tastes like shit on purpose, I don't get a free pass cause "oh, it was meant to taste like shit"

THe plot makes absolutel no sense at all, you're never explained anything about the universe or about why the jedi are so fucking retarded, the CGI was already bad and fake when it came out, Lucas was so fucking lazy he had clonetroopers made in computers instead of using real actors in costumes, Obi-Wan was a retard, Jango Fett was pointless fanservice and was CGI,horrible acting, horrible direction, looked like a videogame, C3PO's conveyor belt action sequence

Better CGI wouldn't have saved shit. Look at that first clip, it's just flashy bullshit all over with no sense of direction. Good directing will create scenes with some basis in something, it will look at reality or history or art or a set of rules within the work itself but it is held together by SOMETHING. Just look at that clip and imagine it with better effects, it would still look like something out of a shitty videogame trailer. Why is any of it happening? It's just completely thoughtless.

Don't joke, towards the end the TV show got pretty close to that!

>had republic secrets on the menu along with maltshakes and burgers
I still love that pasta

Holy shit it's like the background areas of Freelancer

realer than real life

Count Dooku was a shit character. His motivation was hardly talked about. He's only likeable if you read a shit tons of articles from wookipedia or watch clonewars shit.
Oh and Yoda vs Dooku was shit.

Reminder Lucas is a fucking hack.

I feel terrible for Ewan Mcgregor. I mean, not really because he made a shitton of money, but still. To get to play the younger version of Sir Alec Guiness' legendary character, and Lucas had to go and make him interact with cartoon rabbits and Dexter Jettster and his 50's diner.

The shitty "star noir" jedi detective subplot.

>guy chewing the gum nervously
>mustache guy looking around hoping to see someone gather the courage to stand up to this mess
A movie about the making of the prequels would be S1 Arrested Development-tier.

What that guy say??!

That's...not the theatrical release, is it? It's just an early test render, r-right?

holy shit where is this from?

>Excuse me, but "proactive" and "paradigm"? Aren't these just buzzwords that dumb people use to sound important? Not that I'm accusing you of anything like that.
>I'm fired, aren't I?

This is the most physical movement Lucas has done in 25 yeras

The looks of utter shock and confusion are amazing.

Meant for , sorry

If only he had put this much effort into directing the prequels.

It's final.