youtube.com/watch?v=qAACVu2LOj0&ab_channel=FacundoQuijada
youtube.com/watch?v=v31wwyteRqo
chrismotionless.tumblr.com/post/68612813830/recess-is-over
youtube.com/watch?v=qBdFA6sI6-8
fractiousfiction.com/nausea.html
youtube.com/watch?v=RWoxUvWHtB4
youtube.com/watch?v=hcZKEmTgQas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I can understand a literary work, but music? yeah, that's beyond pathetic.

Yeah that's super gay people use music to get through difficult times in their lives

it is because if music is capable of changing how you think then you need to read more. start with picture books then work your way up.

I was being serious it's really super gay. Especially if it's some pleb band like green day and shit.

Something doesn't have to change your thinking in order to effect your life

>this book changed my life

>he's incapable of understanding the content of music

not even /lit/ will take in a brainlet of this magnitude.

dumb_frogposter.png

>their music made me depressed

a book is even more pathetic lmao

Music isn't constrained by semantic content and is therefore the best way to communicate emotions that one can't articulate in words.

At its best it is the most profound artform, much deeper than your plebeian fiction.

>music is good

*affect

music lacks the capacity for such a power to change a man. if someone is honestly changed by music, then that person is indeed not a man at all but a little boy.

>artistic expression

ur a fool and an apollonian coward.

it's literally the opposite though

>it's hard listening to them now because it brings back such painful memories

>found the /lit/fag

I'd u misogynist ARE moved by music then u are fuckin complete and Barbuda fags

what's wrong with that tho? art can give you a sense of beauty and meaning even when other things in the world look bleak, or comfort you by showing other people have gone through similar

What is "literally the opposite"? I thought /lit/fags were supposed to be articulate.

Emotions are for fags.

Wtf is wrong with you that you cant understand something as basic as "he message in this song made me feel understood, it showed me something i didnt know"? Thats the purpouse of music, expression, you autistic halfwit.

>completely missing the point
Fucking brainlets

>implying you had a point

My cock will change your life.

This, literally all music is bad at its core. If you look into it there's really no such thing as ACTUAL good music, it doesn't exist.

Nigga is that the guy from those Axe commercials?
Fuck him

The truth is that I can't put down my pen: I think I'm going to have the Nausea and I feel as though I'm delaying it while writing. So I write whatever comes into my mind.

Madeleine, who wants to please me, calls to me from the distance, holding up a record: "Your record, Monsieur Antoine, the one you like, do you want to hear it for the last time?" "Please."

I said that out of politeness, but I don't feel too well disposed to listen to jazz. Still, I'm going to pay attention because, as Madeleine says, I'm hearing it for the last time: it is very old, even too old for the provinces; I will look for it in vain in Paris. Madeleine goes and sets it on the gramophone, it is going to spin; in the grooves, the steel needle is going to start jumping

and grinding and when the grooves will have spiralled it into the centre of the disc it will be finished and the hoarse voice singing "Some of these days" will be silent forever.

It begins.

To think that there are idiots who get consolation from the fine arts. Like my Aunt Bigeois: "Chopin's Preludes were such a help to me when your poor uncle died." And the concert halls overflow with humiliated, outraged people who close their eyes and try to turn their pale faces into receiving antennas. They imagine that the sounds flow into them, sweet, nourishing, and that their sufferings become music, like Werther; they think that beauty is compassionate to them. Mugs.

>emotions that one can't articulate in words.
wrong

>i form my identity around media I consume

This. If you let music affect you emotionally you might as well go suck a dick.

That may be the only acceptable thing ITT. Music we listen to in intense moments of our life does inevitably become attached to the memories.

Also, chekd.

>he thinks you form your own identity
>he doesn't know that identity is formed by external stimuli
>he doesn't know that his identity has been shaped by his reactions to social stimuli and the media he consumes

Sure smells like autism in here

Yeah I think its more or less this that people mean when they say "this helped me through ____"

the music and content didn't literally contribute to your survival and perseverance, but it becomes so attached to that time period in your mind.

I know right fuck genuine emotions hiw much of a faggot you have to be to not bury any sense of sincerity under thousands of layers of dehumanising irony.

>he feels emotions when listening to music
holy fuck what a pleb

It may sound gay but it happens.

youtube.com/watch?v=NuflWJY6y4Q

maybe art isn't for you in that case but a sense of beauty and meaning are important for many

>all this sophistic posturing and non-arguments
what a useless thread

>a sense of beauty and meaning are important for many
kek I bet you suck dicks.

t. Nonhuman

maybe you can try to find an "objective correlative" in imagery but that's still not painting out and developing an emotional impression like music can

whoosh

>t.

>t. faggot

What an incisive counterargument. Assblasted litplebs strike again!

>

t. Nonhuman Brainlet

>Mad caddies
I actually like Mad Caddies. Should I just kill myself?

I doubt you posses much real-life experience since you are pampered. When the darkness comes, then maybe songs and life itself will start to have meaning for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=DDRPtg0kmJU

woah...

t. sucks dick

You cant say I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning didn't make you cry...

You have no memories attracted to music? Good or bad?

youtube.com/watch?v=TuhbUV-OCaU

What's wrong with this claim?

fucking kek

and it's always beyonce or some other elevator music shit, every time

>that song literally saved my life

>muh queen

Sometimes they do help ..some

youtube.com/watch?v=T_dAraylQMo

I haven't cried in over a decade, but there's nothing like being in a prolonged, emotionally dark/depressed state and finding an album or artist that resonates with your feelings so perfectly, it's all you can do to not start crying. Especially when you get those feelings from the music itself rather than any lyrics.

It's like that music literally represents your exact emotional state, but in sonic form. It's such an amazing feeling, it's like that music becomes your best friend, and it gives a feeling of such hope because you're sharing it with someone/something else and that you're not alone, you're commiserating with a kindred spirit.

I honestly feel bad for you if you've never connected with music in this way. On the other hand, I envy you for not being in a dark or sad place - or maybe you are, but you just haven't discovered those album(s) or song(s) that resonate with you personally.

>tfw no gf

Speedy Ortiz in general
youtube.com/watch?v=qAACVu2LOj0&ab_channel=FacundoQuijada

haha, so funny. I'm just a teenager so I make fun of everything, the dark times of my life haven't arrived yet so I can be cocky and smug lel

Just give it a few moments thought maybe you'll get it eventually.

Good post. I think it's just the overall spiritual death that dominates from tech that the young have lost touch with their soul and don't realize when they're being emotionally manipulated and abused. Like you said, when they feel/hear that chord progression or bend that says "freedom" or sheds light,(especially if they play) they will know.

youtube.com/watch?v=v31wwyteRqo

You're killing it today reddit!

ITT: assholes who are still in their dark times and can't get le laid.

chrismotionless.tumblr.com/post/68612813830/recess-is-over

>"overall spiritual death that dominates from tech that the young have lost touch with their soul"
>when you try to post something deep on Sup Forums while high

I wish

youtube.com/watch?v=qBdFA6sI6-8

pretty based tbqh

People who think reading is the pinnacle of thought are actually just 6 year old neckbeards

A book is way more pathetic.

Oh yes
GIMME MOAR
hnnnggg

fractiousfiction.com/nausea.html

That's some early puberty eh?

youtube.com/watch?v=RWoxUvWHtB4

>.t listens to trash music with no soul

Woah... Youre smart.

>you don't like the things I do that means you haven't had sex!

In this post-rock era, most music is lifeless and all about revenue. No wonder....

youtube.com/watch?v=hcZKEmTgQas

>music saved my life

I want to argue with you on this one, I've got a couple Geotic albums that I struggle to listen to because I listened to them when I was truly happy with my life and they always make me feel discontent with how im living now. But your trips are a more compelling argument than I could ever make.

Sup Forums brainlets vs. /lit/ brainlets: the thread