What was their endgame?

What was their endgame?

How were hit-and-run tactics by a little band of archers supposed to have any effect on the outcome of the war when Mordor was sending literally 100,000+ soldiers against Gondor?

Flying on eagles, I guess.

What do you mean? What they were doing was highly effective.

>disrupting enemy forces are useless.

They were probably out looking for Boromir since theyd probably had no word since he set of from Rivendell with the fellowship. But thats not why you made this thread.

>They were probably out looking for Boromir since theyd probably had no word since he set of from Rivendell with the fellowship.

Faramir had a dream Boromir was dead, Frodo confirmed it, what they were doing out there was fighting the forces of Mordor and trying to keep his lands safe.

They were disrupting the flow of soldiers into Mordor as much as anything. They ambushed the band of wildmen that were coming to pledge their allegiance to Sauron.

They were scouting

how was a little band of vietnamese farmers supposed to have any affect on the outcome of the war when america was sending literally 1,000,000+ soldiers and tons of bombs against them?

QUALITY
U
A
L
I
T
Y

Yeah I mean it's not like this has been a viable military tactic for centuries or anything

Taking out oliphaunts with guerilla tactics is smart desu
Faramir is almost as based as his brother

>all these white men

How would you make LotR more inclusive for 2017's audience?

>disrupting the flow of enemy troops
>harassing enemy supply lines
>utilizing hit and run tactics for maximum damage
>keeping a watch on troop movements in and around Gondor to keep Denethor in the know
>"lel wut did dey mean by dis???!"

kys

>Faramir had a dream Boromir was dead
Faramir has better ways of acquiring actionable intel than George Bush, you know.

I bet OP felt really clever posting this only to get BTFO

First time visiting Sup Forums in 6 months and the post quality actually got WORSE? I'm out.

I dont think sauron has a body of citizens that care about orcs dying mate

Replace orcs with people of colour

wow so interesting, please keep us updated on the boards you're visiting because you definitely aren't a boring faggot

Kek

What was their endgame?

How were hit-and-run tactics by a little band of guerillas supposed to have any effect on the outcome of the war when America was sending literally 1,000,000+ soldiers against North Vietnam?

Kek

Funny enough, a lot of the actors they hired for Orcs were either locals, blacks, or for whatever reason Native Americans. I saw a big picture (in a big book about the movie IIRC?) of the 'cast' of a lot of their Orcs, and I was really surprised how few white guys there were. Weird stuff

>Native Americans
I believe they were Maori

weren't Orcs originally modeled after Africans or Mongols anyway? they're at least once described as having black skin in the books...people whine about it being a sign of Tolkien being racist today.

You know, the thing is that the Viet Cong actually where fucking shit.
If you actually look into the history of the war we had no chance of winning because of how fucked the democrats and hippies were making things for the military.
The rules of engagement were completely insane, toward the end of the conflict US forces WERE NOT allowed to return fire on Viet Cong forces without direct permission.
And the absolute worst part about the whole fucking debacle. Nixon and Henry Kissinger had negotiated a peace treaty between the people of Vietnam with a promise that if North Vietnam broke the treaty that the US would return it's forces more seriously as well as provide more arms for South Vietnam.
Of course after establishing peace Nixon was impeached and the limp-wristed liberal cucks took power. Without Nixon in office North Vietnam almost immediately invaded South Vietnam again, and the democrats who had JUST gained power felt saving face to the hippy faggots who voted for them was more important than honoring our treaties refused all aid to vietnam resulting in the deaths of countless civilians as the North Vietnamese carried out a political and ideological purge, killing anyone who opposed their rule.

>I'm out
oh, that's good.

>what is the Afghanistan Northern Alliance
>what is the Viet Cong
>what is the Taliban
>what is history