Post Samurai kino

Post Samurai kino

daily reminder that the last samurai was a white man.

Legitimatey the greatest

What animu?

What must it of bin like to be a Samorous in ancient China? Have you ever stopped and thought?

and French!

you must be a young man

Samurai X Trust and Betrayal

does anything else even fucking come close?

what film is that?

use reverse image search you fucking newfag

Seven Samurai directed by Akira Kurosawa. Great film and one of the best and most influential directors, you should watch his filmography.

I can't recommend this one enough.

A story out of work samurai who was taken in by a lord because he asked to commit seppuku and die honorably in front of other samurai circulates and creates copycats among other ronin.
One ronin tries this ruse but chooses the wrong lord to try it on.

Well, I've written a film. It's called
The Last Nigga on Earth
starring Tom Hanks

>dude bushido is total nonsense lmao
Doesn't really mean much to me as a westerner, the whole samurai thing is inherently absurd and doesn't really need to be criticized for 2+ hours. The climax is amazing though

The remake wasnt bad. But the original remains the best Samurai kino.

i made a thread the other day and I made a list from the movies some of the anons recommended me

Yojimbo
Sanjuro
The Hidden Fortress
Samurai Rebellion
The Sword of Doom
Most of the Shintaro Katsu Zatoichi series
The Musashi Miyamoto Samurai trilogy
13 assassins
Twilight samurai
Gohatto
47 ronin (1941)
Zatoichi
Shogun Assassin
Rashomon
Harakiri
Sansho the Bailiff
Ugetsu
The Life of Oharu
The Human Condition trilogy
The Sword of Doom
Kagemusha
Ran
Samurai Spy

Kill! is another one starring Nakadai.

Bushido is mostly bullshit, it was invented by samurai as a replacement for their more brutal way of life because they still needed to feel important when in a time of peace as they slowly got replaced themselves by a unified national military.

Anything with Nakadai on it is worth watching. That guy is pure gold.

It should mean something to you. Had more people realize that, there wouldn't be an influx of weeb fedoras running around with their katanas.

Kwaidan
Not really Samurai, but ghost stories that features some samurai including the rare Heian(pre-shogunate) period warriors.
Some of my favorite stage designs and music.