John oliver bought and forgave this guy's medical debt

john oliver bought and forgave this guy's medical debt
what are your thoughts, reddit?

Good for them.

Why doesn't he buy my medical debt? I can't afford health insurance.

>hardly $4000
>debt

Wasn't the medical debt expired or some shit anyway?

Death to John Oliver, I say.

Don't worry Sam, we'll get your show back

>Because this debt has been cancelled as a gift by a ((501(c)(3) charity)) you do not owe any taxes on the ""cancellation of debt" income.

>can't afford to pay debt
>someone pays it for you
>now you have another debt

lol

He should get Sam Hyde some health insurance

Did John pay out of his own pocket or was it the mass media conglomerate he works for

i don't think you understand what that sentence menas

>RIP Medical Debt

I don't think you have a functional grasp of english at all

wow, it's a piece of paper. You realize some people are smart enough to type things out that look real, right? Not every scammer is a error-laden virtue signalling dolt.

You see, the trick is to blur things out, gives it an air of authenticity, like when I want to pretend to be a girl on /r9k/, I just take find some obscure girl picture, but, I blur out the eyes or face or something, which prevents them from just googling it, because the image is different, and it gives the impression that I am real, because I care enough to hide my features, something phonies don't worry about.

>RIP medical department

he's memeing you

Oh, it says debt, not dept. Well anyway. Still prolly fake.

>Forgiven debt is considered taxable income, and generally creditors are required to send a 1099-C form to debtors reporting cancelled debt of $600 or more. The IRS gets a copy of that form as well. Debtors, in turn, are required to include that amount in their taxable income, and pay taxes on it, unless they can demonstrate to the IRS that they qualify for an exclusion, such as the “insolvency exclusion,” by filing IRS Form 982. If they can’t pay those taxes they can wind up with a tax lien on their credit reports.

>However, by working with the non-profit organization RIP Medical Debt, Oliver sidestepped this problem. The organization states on its website that “forgiveness of the debt does not result in income to the debtor if that forgiveness is a gift that comes from a detached and disinterested generosity. We will not file a Form 1099-C with the IRS.” So Oliver didn’t just help these debtors once, he helped them twice.

>people so buttmad at John Oliver that they forget how to read.

wow you're pretty fucking dumb for a dubsman

I don't know if OP's thing has anything to do with John Oliver, but John Oliver really did buy a bunch a medical debt from a bank and just forgave it all.

This is you.

retards

not an argument

Fuck of back to your dumb dumb Dummkopf cultist board or wherever you belong. Of course it's not an argument, it was an insult, he called you a retard. So you just go around identifying whether things are arguments or not? We don't need a pathetic parrot here.

not an argument

$4,000 is almost nothing. With medical insurance you would barely be paying anything.

Are you retarded? That's debt not a fucking bill.

That's 4000 he has to pay straight up or make payments or else he could sued and have his wages garnished.

This board is full of kids I swear.

This thread really does reek of spoiled cunts.

>ONLY $4,000! THAT AINT SHIT

I have Type 1 Diabetes and the debt for being in my coma was like four times that so shut up, you fucking retard.

>local man only capable of stating the obvious

>Hey user I'm a non-profit that helps people pay debts with no strings attached. Here is a check for $500...
>FUCK YOU, THAT IS BARELY 1/16TH OF MY DEBT. HOW DARE YOU

it's just a publicity stunt, everyone does this

Yeah and your mommy paid it off not you. Explains why you're such a spoiled cunt. 4000 is a lot of fucking money to owe.

>local man capable of stating nothing at all