All memes aside, there's no reason why ordinary civilians should be allowed to own assault rifles

All memes aside, there's no reason why ordinary civilians should be allowed to own assault rifles.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-26402367?SThisFB?SThisFB
cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-youre-picturing-nazis-wrong/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This. I vote for gun control every time, but heavily outnumbered by the rednecks. Luckily all historical data shows that society gets more progressive over time; I have no doubt gun control will be significant in a few generations.

coward, it's just a tool, you decide how to use it

>All memes aside
>there's no reason why ordinary civilians should be allowed to own assault rifles.
Try again.

To resist tyranny.

The word progressive is meaningless and changes overtime. Gun control has actually gotten weaker in the US.

You're at a higher risk of falling down the stairs than being killed by an assault rifle. A country with a gun loving culture is a country no one wants to conquer. You're lucky you're a leaf, but other countries aren't so lucky.

>allowed

Look up the letters of marque is
The colonists were perfectly fine with civilians owning cannons and warships

Fuck off, leaf faggot.

How do you define the term "assault riffle"? Let's start there.

I'll take incidents of democide in the 20th century for 800, Alex

SHALL

If they have a right to protect themselves from one person, they have a right to protect themselves from a gang of people.

If an assault rifle should be illegal, there is no reason the military should use it, until weapons are banned for military use, they shouldn't be banned from civilian use per the 2nd amendment.

What's an assault rifle?

Wrong.

Little known fun fact: The communist party in Weimar Germany had an anti-fascist militia, well armed and over 100,000 men strong, made up in large parts of combat experienced WWI front fighters. Didn't stop the tyranny. For scale, Weimar Germany had a population of about 63,000,000. Compared with today's 300,000,000 Americans you'd need more than 500,000 members to reach a similar size.

More guns is always better, Nothing like having a criminal second guess whether it's worth it to break into my house or not vs. living in a country where guns aren't allowed to be owned by law abiding citizens. Criminals take note of that and target those cities and areas because the civilians are sitting ducks waiting to be plundered.

Let's say there isn't. Let's ignore all historical and political context and assume that you are right, that there is no "good" (which is an opinion) reason to own an assault rifle.

You are the one trying to ban something. You are the one trying to get the government involved in outlawing a profitable industry and popular hobby. The burden of finding a reason to do that is on you. And, according to any statistics or data, you have nothing.

That's why this is the most common argument the left makes. Guns are bad because they are scary/they were on the news/bad guys use them. But when you say that out loud it sounds stupid because it is. So they immediately deflect the question back, and find themselves justified.

All memes aside, there's no reason why ordinary civilians shouldn't be allowed to own assault rifles.
Prove me wrong.
Protip, you can't.

Funny how gun nuts can't debate substance, so they bicker semantics.

If you want to use an assault rifle, go join the military.

Also most people don't own assault rifles retard. Most people own regular semi automatic rifles and hand guns.

Please get educated

yeah, 100,000 of 63,000,000 is sure a big army

considering there's about 80 million gun owners in the US, I'd say we got the numbers,

The founding fathers intended us to have access to the same arms that the government is capable of using. Plain and simple.

You say assault rifle I say defense rifle. Stay cucked leaf.

Waco
North hollywood
Sandy Hook
Aurora
San Bernardino
Orlando

Etc..etc...

based James

Omar did not use an assault rifle for the shooting.

It was a semi-automatic rifle with scurry black paint.

Can we let this meme die?

I understand that a lot of gun nuts ate afraid of Hillary or Obama being a gun grabber with all the rhetoric out there. What I don't get is how have we gotten to the point where these people think semi auto rifles are going to protect you from the the government if they "come for your guns". If SWAT is at your door and you aren't already innawoods you're gonna get killed.

There's no reason why ordinary civilians should be allowed to be Muslims either.

I vote for gun freedom every time. Luckily we still outnumber the liberal pussies. Good thing that society gets more progressive over time, meaning that gun laws generally become more lax. I believe there will be no appreciable restraint to gun ownership in a few generations.
Thank God, wiser minds are prevailing.

Because the civilian population is suppose to have weapons on par with the government but you are a foreigner who has no say in our politics.

You gun nuts get so pissed when people bring up assault rifles, it's hilarious. You have no real arguments, so you go for terminology.

>Canadian
lolololololol

A

See, this picture isn't what pro gun people are trying to say. Overthrowing a government or getting guns to defend against a horde of SWAT units isnt what people are even worried about.

We get guns to defend ourselves from Jamal, Tyrone, Jose, Pablo, and Shawn the crust punk.

None of those used assault rifles
Except for government agents

You'll be sorry one day when the tusken raiders are banging down your door and all you have is your kitchen butter knife to defend yourself.

ALLOWED
L
L
O
W
E
D

T-T-T-T-T-THERES THAT WORD AGAIN

>we're not paranoid tin foilers, we're only cowardly racists!

How does this help your side exactly?

First off there is no need for a fucking LEAF to have an opinion on american rights, second off praise kek

I'm not a gun nut, I actually support some further restrictions, but if OP wants to discuss whether or not assault riffles should be banned, then we should sure as shit know what the term "assault riffle" means. There is no standard definition used in politics and it means whatever the person discussing it wants outlawed.

>A communist party had a militia to keep them in power
>the people chose another party and their militia failed
this makes me want guns more

The real question is, why are you so afraid of a legal gun owner? Statistics show that we are by far the smallest percentile that actually perform crimes let alone perform one with a firearm.

>muh semantics
Not an argument.

Tradition is far more important than superficial safety. lack of community is the route cause of "mass shootings". They will happen no matter the law because the perpetrator will always have a way to acquire the right tools. Quite literally chipping a piece of your nation's hegemony for a quick fix will only lead to more problem, or worse, a new nation.

Wanna stop mass shootings? Go to church, Stop using drugs, stop whining about being "depressed" and make an effort to improve yourself, and finally- more guns is the only practical way to decrease "mass shootings", because everyone who wants gun control doesn't seem to care about the individual every day counts, they'd be "racist" if that were the case.

Waco as far as I can tell is an excellent example of federal abuse of power, and the following arguments used keep pointing me in one direction; if citizens had been educated and armed then these crimes would have been prevented.
You argue that one man with a legal firearm can do more damage than many men could prevent with legal firearms; the fallacy being that we already live in a society that disdains firearms so much so that these criminals have been able to commit such crimes without a single shred of resistance.
Remember that police show up with the ambulance, after the shooting has taken place.

I don't need to because I live in an empowered egalitarian country where the government doesn't disenfranchise its people in favor of its soldiers.

Niggers are a problem. Stating that is nor racist, you shitlord. Check your liberal privilege.

>mental illness is the problem
But mental illness is already a bar that prevents you from buying firearms...

>let's ban assault guns
>because definition, the weapons that use school shooters are still allowed

not much help

>allowed

Like your news outlets are "allowed" to report the news?

>The Canadian government regulates media ownership and the state of media through the Canadian Radio and Telecommunications Commission. In section 3 of the Canadian Broadcasting Act, it states media organizations should reflect "equal rights, the linguistic duality and multicultural and multiracial nature society and the special place of aboriginal peoples within that society".[6]

Fuck off.

Look at Mexico, the police don't protect citizens from the Cartels, and they confiscate their weapons. If you own a gun you can be self-reliant, otherwise you're reliant on state protection.

Why is this still being shilled. The votes are over and the pussies lost.

Dubs

HE HAS SPOKEN. THIS IS NOW A KEK THREAD

Fuck you're a retard. Why stop them from owning anything? That's how the law works, it's legal until there is a law prohibiting it, so you have to come up with an argument as to why it should be illegal.

Add them all up and the instance of deaths in those types of shootings is negligible in comparison to overall gun ownership.
You don't curtail the freedom of millions and millions of law-abiding citizens on account of a few unstable individuals.

Like I said, you can't.

I want of this fucking ride.

Any source for this lack of comminuty claim? What about before 1950s America when people didn't go to church (weren't christian at least) and did drugs more frequently than even today? You're so full of shit.

bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-26402367?SThisFB?SThisFB

This is what a massacre looks like when firearms are not involved. Also if you do some digging you will find that there was more than 1 shooter in the Orlando shooting. The news never reported it and it was covered up.

all memes aside, youre wrong.

I AM SILLY

Define assault rifle, fucking leaf.

Underrated btw.

>2012
How topical.

A

WELL

All memes aside, there's no reason why the government should only be allowed to own assault rifles.

I hate you Canada. I hate you so fucking much.

Waco is an example of what happens to child raping right wingers when they think they can rebel against the government with their AR-15s.

>le germans chose nazis meme
The nazis were nothing but a bunch of street thugs who seized power. The highest amount of popular vote they ever got was 42%.

cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-youre-picturing-nazis-wrong/

REGULATED

MILITIA,

MEME

Thought out reading of the 2A will indicate that the right to keep and bear arms belongs to the people, as they constitute the militia, and in order for the militia to be in functioning order, they require that the people can keep and bear arms on par with what the military uses.

BEING

what the fuck is an "assault" rifle?

NECESSARY

Civilian ownership of automatic weapons has been illegal since 1934.

So only extraordinary ones? Like the 1%? ....

TO

Assault rifles were made with one purpose, to kill people on the battlefield. They should not be in civilian hands.

THE

Are you trying to tell me 42% of the popular vote is not significant?

no its not. you just need a cuck stamp

>you literally want to ban something, but cannot define what it is

>"that's just semantics"

maximum kek

Hey man, we aren't all as delusional as OP

SECURITY

OF

Im pro gun but this is stupid and you know it
the moment you try to "resist tyranny" they'll put 50 bullets in your skull

How you going to get the criminals to hand in their "assault rifles"
protip
>you aren't

>They should not be in civilian hands.
That's a great opinion you have there, faggot. I should really like and subscribe to your blog.

You don't need full auto for a rifle to be classified as an assault rifle. The M16 had it's full auto capability removed after the first models, and yet it's still considered an assault rifle.

whats is asymmetric warfare?

A

We're all stuck on this tiny blue orb careening through space on the verge of losing all hope to expand into the galaxy and you're focused on pathetic bullshit like this? Okay say we ban assault weapons after successfully defining them and successfully convincing congress they'll be reelected if they ban them. For the most part people voluntarily give up their guns but then the 1% that don't all keep their assault weapons. 1% of 300mil is still 3 million people all willing to die over their access to these weapons. Do you want the blood of at least the people willing to die for their rights to weapons, not including the officers coming for the guns that die, or do you want the blood of 50 every few years? The funniest part to me is that either way it doesn't fucking matter, we're hate-filled self-centered bags of shit and that's the absolute majority. We're going nowhere fast as a species but yeah let's focus on 50 dead, not even the millions from starvation or cancer or car accidents

I am by no means defending sick criminals but I implore you to remember who writes history, and what is destined to repeat itself.
Arm all citizens and I can assure you less harm will come to them. Educate all civilians and I promise you will have a stronger nation.
Disarming and threatening your people will lead directly to the fall of your nation.
This is not a threat, this is an observation of history.

FREE

full-auto fire is used for suppression, it would be really hard to kill a lot of people with an assault rifle used in such a way

the only way it's easy is if in close quarters with a bunch of unarmed victims, such as a gun-free zone :^)

Define arms. Is it legal to open carry grenades?