Why should I have to go through a background check to exercise a constitutional right?

Why should I have to go through a background check to exercise a constitutional right?

Because you could be muslim.

Because that's a really shitty floor.

Because you have shit taste in AR optics mounts

There is a legal framework governing the exercise of every right protected by the constitution.

You have to go through a background check for just about everything else.

Not for the 1st amendment
And where does it say anything about background checks?

Shall not be infringed

SHALL

It's an extension of due process. If you were duly convicted of a felony then your rights can and will be infringed, including right to bear arms.

Instead of hanging niggers for crimes like they used to they just let them loose so they have to account for that variable criminal element somehow.

Felons rights were revoked not mine

Do I need a background check before I can tell soldiers to not quarter in my house?

US Title Code.

shall not be infringed

>US Title Code.
And the Constitution is the supreme law of the land and it says shall not be infringed

Even Scalia wrote in Heller that the individual right to bear arms was not "unlimited."

shall not be infringed

Well he was wrong
Shall not be infringed is pretty clear

So insane fucks cant get guns.

Yeah. You're probably right.

If they are insane why are they allowed to freely roam around?

shall not be infringed

I reject any appeals to the language of the constitution wholesale.

gimme a break, its just a background check, it takes less than 5 minutes

Where's your background check to post this under the 1st amendment?

> it takes less than 5 minutes
I dont care
SHALL

Technically you don't. You can just buy off someone privately and not go through a gun shop. Or be given a gun.

To prov you worthy of that right.

shall not be infringed

because at some point it became acceptable to deny people if they did certian things the gov didn't like

>mounting anything on a carry handle

Fucking vomit

this

/thread

If you cannot pass a background check it is because you are a felon.
There are alternatives for criminals to purchase firearms, and I would not recommend them to do so, however I am sure that they understand the means to acquire them.
Basically, its a null point in a country of private arms dealers who hardly have the time nor money to ask for id

I never said I could pass one I just said why should I have to submit to one
Just because I dont have anything illegal in my house doesn't mean I would let the government search it without a warrant

You shouldn't. The country should get fixed instead. The violent, the insane, the illegal, and the muslim should not be free to roam at large in the USA going into stores and buying goods that decent Americans like yourself have every right to enjoy. The laws of the land must be enforced correctly, and new ones made that keeps America safe.

When peace and order rule America's streets again, nobody will fear men with weapons. Freedom can bloom again if we would just have the will and the determination to get our hands dirty and weed the garden.