/sharethread/ obscure Canadian stuff edition

ETIQUETTE
- Include correct format (artist / band, title of release, year of release, cover art, the file type (v0, 320 mp3, FLAC, etc), short description, YouTube sample, link)
- Send thanks if you have downloaded something to let them know they did a good thing
- Avoid sharing / requesting things that are already on the archive
- Soulseek / rutracker are your friends, too - just don't argue in this thread about it

REQUESTS
>I have a request! Did I...
- Check the archive for a live link before requesting?
- Share something first?
- Google "blogspot + artist name + album name"

ARCHIVE
>"I don't know how to find what I'm looking for in the archive"
- Go here: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/
- When searching, limit your search to links only, like so: "desired album mega|zippyshare|mediafire"
- Make sure you've typed "zippyshare" and not "zippy", or else Zippyshare links will not be found.

USEFOOL TOOLS
- Deezloader
- Soulseek (P2P) soulseekqt.net/news/

USEFUL SHARES & DISCOGRAPHIES
pastebin.com/7Syxr4rZ
pastebin.com/K9kFJPT6

Trouser - Fly (1996)
>rock, grungey
>found at a flea market in Southern Ontario
mega.nz/#!LNFC1KpZ!WJwQOEzM-IB0FG2-QrcoxYp-t6ADn2eO2EKPgWzZhHM

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!DAtCGLxb!CYlCoHGUtrIVFz80yEHcxVYNflkyvRZk4RcMOBbo20E
youtu.be/IQ8t8coiPc0
mega.nz/#!PE0lSDiZ!GFMomLMD2rknX6_BRovpIGJyaM9VMxBVGwZnSOItTyc
mega.nz/#!nQ1lyQwB!olapq3Wj5xtKC55yIpBufceafro64sTbkHXhRFYujqY
youtube.com/watch?v=NxmsWkMW75o
mega.nz/#!GZ8QgKDC!KgV8-ocutaBCGS2f2loQZVXL9r3eIyq8JcrRNMVpDX8
youtu.be/CFYAmgyFHoM
mega.nz/#!TBEg2SwI!xf_SvkOcqxKtXGddBk5ejAcvYa7LEtnoXDako8RQCrg
youtu.be/jWs8Vw-HuY0
mediafire.com/file/r25b1x36519ebyd
www41.zippyshare.com/v/V1ixlLr4/file.html
mega.nz/#F!iQNzWQhC!gaM8mb5GcPgfFSIDD0ycnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=asl2LUjz6wc
youtube.com/watch?v=ohu-P-xEeTs
youtube.com/watch?v=oK0_TlZ1P1c
youtube.com/watch?v=AE-1nUfz8RM
youtube.com/watch?v=wdvn7PV808A
youtu.be/URy6t1gmUvs?t=18m03s
youtube.com/watch?v=K5NUj1jaKow
youtube.com/watch?v=lSjc4rJUZdY
youtube.com/watch?v=OCk-DZxiAVM
youtube.com/watch?v=-9yM-EsERHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Cx3p8Z45IfM
youtube.com/watch?v=TlKbnaXQPY0
youtube.com/watch?v=LQvIgx7TTE
youtube.com/watch?v=uX2tV34QosE
mega.nz/#F!qU5xHB6a!gm_8S270NnGir_UvLzH2Lg
youtube.com/watch?v=zlZ6XLES6Qw
youtu.be/UAwvAfyjB64
mega.nz/#F!EDBxQZKT!nz8-tWqfZYokvfDW-obOHQ
allmusic.com/album/nothing-yet-mw0003122301
mega.nz/#!LYkDFAjC!UgKEQoJneJ8aiTn8OTN7XNlTB8BAf5gBQS-yo77tT7k
discogs.com/The-Humez-Bros-The-Life-Of-Bongo-Bill/release/11291549
youtube.com/watch?v=GIIVsZbi2Zo
mega.nz/#!g8pSmSKS!Nd97D9n5dmbBHA9Bz59PZ3dQhRvcS84tub14ZRfDbww
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Atomic 7 - ...Something for the Girl With Everything
>surf rock, instrumental
mega.nz/#!DAtCGLxb!CYlCoHGUtrIVFz80yEHcxVYNflkyvRZk4RcMOBbo20E

sample: youtu.be/IQ8t8coiPc0

Consumer Alert - Consumer Alert (2008)
>punk rock, power pop
>found at the local Goodwill
mega.nz/#!PE0lSDiZ!GFMomLMD2rknX6_BRovpIGJyaM9VMxBVGwZnSOItTyc

The New Drifts - Nemesis (2006)
>folk
>another flea market find
mega.nz/#!nQ1lyQwB!olapq3Wj5xtKC55yIpBufceafro64sTbkHXhRFYujqY

sample (whole album): youtube.com/watch?v=NxmsWkMW75o

Two Hours Traffic - Little Jabs (2007)
>indie pop rock
>former band of Alvvays' guitarist
mega.nz/#!GZ8QgKDC!KgV8-ocutaBCGS2f2loQZVXL9r3eIyq8JcrRNMVpDX8

sample: youtu.be/CFYAmgyFHoM

The Bends - Through Looking-Glass Houses (2012)
>indie pop rock
mega.nz/#!TBEg2SwI!xf_SvkOcqxKtXGddBk5ejAcvYa7LEtnoXDako8RQCrg

sample: youtu.be/jWs8Vw-HuY0

>obligatory bump that doesn't share shit

Does anyone have Keasbey Nights by Catch 22 in 320

Jim Walsh - Guitar Travels (320 kbps, year unknown)
>Solo Acoustic Guitar, Folk
>Friend of my dad's that he used to work with, plays as a hobby and knocked this album out in a single session

mediafire.com/file/r25b1x36519ebyd

bump

Mixtape (img): www41.zippyshare.com/v/V1ixlLr4/file.html

Dream Pop 2017 collection: mega.nz/#F!iQNzWQhC!gaM8mb5GcPgfFSIDD0ycnQ

Beach Fossils - Closer Everywhere [2017] {Somersault}
>Sweet strings: "I'm crowded in the street / Feel like I'm floating on the air / Closer as we speak / I spent the morning here / I know you're somewhere over there / Closer everywhere / I hear your voice inside my head / Can't remember what you said / Oh no."
youtube.com/watch?v=asl2LUjz6wc

Borns - Second Night Of Summer [2018] {Blue Madonna}
>An excellent Dream Pop track from this year. Lyrics about heartbreak (again), but with a powerfully vocal refrain reminiscent of La Roux. I used to run laps with some select tracks from her self-titled on repeat and imagine a wholly sci-fy narrative to accompany the few verbal cues her singing gives. I will incorporate this track into that fantasy because it's an uplifting addition. Makes me dance.
youtube.com/watch?v=ohu-P-xEeTs

Briana Marela - Feel What I Feel (2017) {Call It Love}
>When I looked up the most popular Dream Pop albums of the previous year I was not expecting Lorde to be listed, and her "Melodrama" IMO appeals to the genre only by its cover which depicts her in dark blue with her head on the pillow, making "dream pop" as literal as it can get while remaining melancholic electro-whatever. Briana Marela's album cover, on the other hand, is a blurry female figure very much in keeping with the genre staple of blurry human figures, because, you, know, dreams are like blurry, you know? She is not a 40yo geologist, she's the kind of girl Billy Cullum would cuss at longingly.
youtube.com/watch?v=oK0_TlZ1P1c

Broken Social Scene - Mouth Guards Of The Apocalypse [2017] {Hug Of Thunder}
>It's a steady build-up but the anxiously inchoate vocals on this track, with impressive brass backing it with a ceremonial sentiment, this track is a melodic release of energy one would expect of the hand of God taking you into its palms and lifting you up into clouds.
youtube.com/watch?v=AE-1nUfz8RM

Broken Social Scene - Victim Lover [2017] {Hug Of Thunder}
>More consistent but making equally good use of brass to carry you through a narrative. In my mind BSC is the "Atmosphere" (hip-hop) equivalent of dream pop. I enjoyed their discography in 2013 if memory serves and these two tracks from Hug Of Thunder are ones I'd like to keep in my memories for a long time.
youtube.com/watch?v=wdvn7PV808A

death's dynamic shroud.wmv - Dream Argument [2017] {Heavy Black Heart}
>I was a teenager when Dido's "Here with Me" came out, and my mom, for some unknown reason, bought me several of his albums, which I enjoyed thoroughly because I was a bit of a Stan. I think this album is included in RYM Dream Pop chart because it is very "dreamy" in the style of MUSICIAN. The last 1/3 of this track I could say is some of the best music ever created, period. It's a fucking masterpiece.
youtu.be/URy6t1gmUvs?t=18m03s

death's dynamic shroud.wmv - Life Should Be Easy [2017] {Heavy Black Heart}
>I'd like to say that this one is more "consistent", whatever that means, but it's still basically the "progressive" equivalent of electronic music, and because it's electronic it can do stuff with sounds that best natural stadion power pop can't. The "computerization" in the middle leads the listener through a video game prelude and cyber-flute harmony to a godly finish of neatly cut virtual chanting.
youtube.com/watch?v=K5NUj1jaKow

The Magnetic Fields - '74: No [2017] {50 Song Memoir}
>Have you seen the movie, Frank (2014)? "Jon [Domhnall Gleeson], a young wanna-be musician, discovers he's bitten off more than he can chew when he joins an eccentric pop band led by the mysterious and enigmatic Frank [Michael Fassbender]." This track is the closest approximation of what that band would create from a band in our universe. For me, it also has a sense of Sage Francis' "The Best Of Times" to it, story-telling wise.
youtube.com/watch?v=lSjc4rJUZdY

Toothless - The Sirens (feat. The Staves) [2017] {The Pace of the Passing}
>I'm pretty sure the first part of this track is La Roux'ian fairy music. The second part of the track sounds like the "Take on Me" (A-Ha) of our age.
youtube.com/watch?v=OCk-DZxiAVM

Vök - Show Me [2017] {Figure}
>Vitas' (Bитac) "The 7th Element" was such a strong meme around here in Estonia, possibly because he's a Latvian singing in Russian? We listened to an hour of different versions of it on autoplay on last year's eve. What he does with his tongue Vok puts to a sweet-ass beat. The lyrics amount to a paraphrase of "Do u know da wae?" but why spend words and cite memes where they are not needed.

Sound of Ceres - Outer Century [2017] {The Twin}
>Slow and beautiful. Ethereal.
youtube.com/watch?v=Cx3p8Z45IfM

Últim Cavall - Serem silenci [2017] {Records de Kyoto}
>The Spanish are an oddity in my musical knowledge, they sometimes make very masterful and carefully crafted iteration of a novelty genre and making something brilliant of it which is true to their spirit, proficient (competent) and profound (heartfelt). This is the only one I have in 128 (the album is €5 on Bandcamp).

Billy Cullum - Promises [2017] {Lonely Hearts Club}
>If Imagine Dragons had a better beat but remained exactly as simplistic. The sweet breakdown is reminiscent of MO, Major Lazer and DJ Snake in "Lean On". The lyrics are about women being shallow, not keeping promises, not knowing themselves, who they are, and the singer being boastful of being able "to do better". Catchy as fuck.
youtube.com/watch?v=TlKbnaXQPY0

CHA & Headbud - Keine Scheibe (feat. DJ Odie) [2017] {Afro & Bart}
>A chill German hip-hop track that snuck into January's favorites because one of the rappers on this one I recognize as one who had an amusing music video where he rides a tank and throws vegetables at the watcher while trekking through schlager, rap, and techno. This one is mellow. Germany is having a very interesting jazz-hop moment at right, they have given golden age hip-hop a very active second home.
youtube.com/watch?v=LQvIgx7TTE

Requesting Eric Dolphy - Out To Lunch! and Das Book der Klänge by Hans Otte

Heres

Boris - Flood [2000]
>Drone, metal but nice and melodic for the most part
Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=uX2tV34QosE
mega.nz/#F!qU5xHB6a!gm_8S270NnGir_UvLzH2Lg

>Vök
youtube.com/watch?v=zlZ6XLES6Qw

indie rock is shit bump

thread ruined by some retard spamming youtube links and green texting. rest in peace sharethread

RIP Sharethread: Killed by a newfag before your time

Fuck you

fuck off, this is not what sharethreads are for you fucking retarded newtripfag.

Obviously some fucking newfag shithead who should be making his own garbage thread and shitting it up instead of a sharethread.

>Atomic 7
sweet. thanks.

Surf Curse - Nothing Yet (2017)
>garage rock, surf rock, vibes

Sample: youtu.be/UAwvAfyjB64

Link: mega.nz/#F!EDBxQZKT!nz8-tWqfZYokvfDW-obOHQ

About a month ago user shared this record. I thanked him for it and he asked to tell what I thought after I listened to it.

I reshare it now and, in the very remote chance user sees this, I include a link to a brief review I wrote for it on Allmusic.com

allmusic.com/album/nothing-yet-mw0003122301

Sons Of Sun - Kaizoku No Kid No Boke
>Japanese Folk/Prog rock
>there is no available sample online

Link: mega.nz/#!LYkDFAjC!UgKEQoJneJ8aiTn8OTN7XNlTB8BAf5gBQS-yo77tT7k

I wanted to also know if anyone has a digitally copy of this album discogs.com/The-Humez-Bros-The-Life-Of-Bongo-Bill/release/11291549

>Kaizoku No Kid No Boken*
shit im tired tonight

Thanks, liking this a lot so far

Share this
*unzips pants*

essential

Spooky Li - Underworld EP
>dark trap, memphis influence, hook heavy
>produced by SpaceGhostPurrp

youtube.com/watch?v=GIIVsZbi2Zo
mega.nz/#!g8pSmSKS!Nd97D9n5dmbBHA9Bz59PZ3dQhRvcS84tub14ZRfDbww

I thought it was a really good tape. Some of the best SGP beats. Recommend it if you've liked SGP's past stuff.

>mega.nz/#F!iQNzWQhC!gaM8mb5GcPgfFSIDD0ycnQ
Best picks from this collection?

I think you misunderstood, pretty sure he was just linking samples of the albums he shared in the previous post. You fucking plebs.

Thanks for these, user

Does anybody have the Phantom Thread soundtrack by Jonny Greenwood that's not in flac?

curious about this too. also, bump

Decryption key?

gotta enter the whole url friendo