WTF Raimi

Went into a thrift store today and found this bad boy on VHS. I bought because I collect old VHS tapes and I watched it today to check the tape quality. To my dismay, it turned out that I had bought the infamous "Nigger Holocaust Cut". I know Raimi was dissatisfied with the theatrical release, but I had no idea that this was what he originally planned. I'm speechless. Has anyone else watched this "Nigger Holocaust Cut" of Spiderman?

Probably someone taped over it. Never trust VHS and sticky tape.

I guess it really was a different time

There wasn't any evidence of it as I watched, the previews, warnings, everything - it all flowed seamlessly.

check'd
I was expecting some problematic homophobic themes, what with Bonesaw and all, but this just has left me shocked and appalled

>mfw that extended hospital scene

I watched this movie with my dad and I had to ask him what a kike was and why Uncle Ben kept complaining about them.

It seemed a bit over the top that he yelled at Peter about them when he stumbled home drunk. I mean, sure he has inner demons or whatever, but that five minute monologue breaking the fourth wall was a bit excessive.

yes i have the 4 hour unrated x-rated edition, super hot

I've heard about that, but that extended parade scene would make me uncomfortable. MaryJane doesn't need to be portrayed doing that sort of thing.

I'll never forget the advice aunt may gave to Peter about not dating a she-boon. I find it upsetting now, but at the time it was a common sentiment

The part where Doc Oc goes on a rant about how "gooks are taking over the planet" seemed a bit shoehorned in

That fucking hospital scene where goblin anally raped aunt may after her prayer, holy shit. I was only like 7 when I saw it originally so I didn't understand it, but when I caught the film on TV last year i realized how fucking far Raimi pushed the envelope.

I'm really surprised that they got away with that, along with Ben's cocaine-affected ramblings to MaryJane about wanting to see her 'pink sock'. I saw this film when I was 9 and my Dad refused to explain to me what Ben meant by that. Man, you could get away with so much in 2002. It truly was a different time.

>"You know, Peter, with great power comes great responsibility. Rudyard Kipling called it "White Man's Burden." Myself, I just call it as I see it: the responsibility of the master to discipline the servant."
>Ben looks directly at the camera.
>"The niggers, the spics, the chinks...on The Day of the Rope they shall all swing from the elm. We will have all niggers dead or in chains in the next ten years, and if I'm wrong may God have me shot by a carjacker this very night. God bless the American Nazi Party."

Powerful, powerful stuff.

Out of general curiosity, how many times do you have to samefag a thread like this before other people start replying?

U are memeing too hard kiddo

>He hasn't watched the star wars special edition

Just wait until spidey shoots out jedi websabers, it's amazing.

The 2 hour gay rape scene was a little longer than I would have preferred.

Sup Forums here

first time I visit this board since TDKR and I'm still amazed by your ability to come up with the most cancerous shit outside of Sup Forums

i don't see Sup Forums coming up with fresh oc and dank memes

I genuinely hope that you die a slow and agonizing death, unfunny faggot.

It was a different time, reddit

yeah, because all the internet needs is more people being stupidly overconfident about how funny they are

Cool, I'm glad we came to an agreement.

>22 posts 16 IP.

At most 5 times.

Why are hard nipples in wet shirts allowed? Why did Raimi put that in a kid's movie?

This meme wasn't funny in 2016 and this year either

Well, I watched SM2 as a kid and never noticed it. I am thankful for that scene now as an adult

Nice digits

>Sup Forums here
stopped reading right there
also dont go back, just kill yourself

what about the scene where spider man was upside down and kissing marry jane in the rain and the camera veeres down to her lower back where you can see her tramp stamp that says "we need a second holocaust".
i mean, i understand there was shit editing in those times but geez raimi

>Peter, I need you to deliver Flight 11 through the twin towers within the next 30 minutes or your ass is fired, inshallah brother.

Raimi really pushed the boundaries of modern-day taboos.

Ultimate kek

>Did Edison sleep before he turned on the light? Did Marconi sleep before he turned on the radio? Did Beethoven sleep before he wrote the 5th?

>Did Himmler sleep before he turned on the gas chambers?

>Ah Rosie, I love this boy!

jesus raimi

You want door fix, Man of Spiders? Yes, I know these things you do, I learn how to find many secrets in old country. You will not pay rent? This is fair. We will take rent in other ways. When I was in old country, in Bosnia, my friends and I... we do things to women. Terrible things, make them ugly women who will never be loved. Your friends, redhead girl and science girl... they will beg me to stop, as my men and I rain alternating blows of ejaculating and fists upon them. And when they are broken, Man of Spiders, when they are nothing more than shells... you know the rent is paid.

for this month

i don't think this kind of comment would fly in a pg 13 movie today

>"Ah, Dr. Connor's student. He tells me you're brilliant."
>Peter smiles, flattered
>"He also told me you're as lazy as a nigger on Martin Luther King day.

Raimi is a master of bait and switch.

>Before we start, has anybody lost a roll of 20 dollar bills in a rubber band?
>because we just finished beating up some niggers in the back and they had the rubber band

Woah

CCHHEECCKKEEDD

That extended title sequence where it goes on a tangent and starts showing evidence to how the Holocaust was faked really broke the flow of the first act.

fuck off back to /coumblr/ then