Kurt Cobains favorite albums and some songs thrown in there too. Was he a pleb or proto-Sup Forums God?

Kurt Cobains favorite albums and some songs thrown in there too. Was he a pleb or proto-Sup Forums God?

Has Kurt even brought up Public Enemy before besides this list?

Yeah. IIRC he said rap was doing amazing things, but criticized the misogyny

he really seemed to like the butthole surfers

Here he is wearing a NWA shirt

>Pee Pee the Sailor
>Aerosmith

Into the trash

>Pixies
>Vaselines
>Scratch Acid
>Butthole Surfers
>Rits of Spring
>Shonen Knife
>Tales of Terror
>Half Japanese
>Wipers
>post-punk like PIL

whether you like it or not, Kurt was a patrician punk. all the more impressive that he was into that (if he was sincere with that list) before the advent of the internet.

In Utero is such a clear attempt at making a patrician punk record for people with similar taste, that's why it's their best

It's apparently a private list from his journals so he would have been lying to nobody but himself with it. I'd reckon it's genuine. Kurt had pretty great and varied taste.

During a recording while they were touring him and krist listened to NWA

It was the golden era after all but it didn't have a lot of recognition like nowadays.

>In Utero
>attempt at a patrician punk record

what the fuck. it's just a noisier version of Nevermind with some oddities like Milk It and Radio Friendly Unit Shifter thrown in. hardly pulls any punches like Germs or Black Flag.

though I've always had a soft spot for Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle

>no Husker Du
>no Minutemen
>no X
>picks the most overrated Black Flag album just because it was ""'"""grungy""""""
dropped

hmm courtney recently listed that as one of her favorite nirvana songs. hello...

More like Kunt Cogayne

This

I don't know why he never talked about Minutemen or D. Boon

Like wtf man

K-Kurt kissed the barrels of the gun and my f-finger slipped, I s-swear!

jokes aside, I don't know, I've always found Frances Farmer to be one of my favorite songs on In Utero when I first listened to it when I was 14 and still remains. that and Serve the Servants

It's ironic since they all praise husker du and minutemen.

What did he mean by this? Was he a prophet?

yeah it's an attempt is what I mean. they were Nirvana at the end of the day

Good album

>half japanese
based

>didn't have a lot of recognition
Underage pls leave.

are you memeing me cause she listed that song also :^) her list
>heart shaped box (obviously)
>frances farmer
>serve the servans
>in bloom

I can jive with someone who likes PJ Harvey and Swans.

i don't understand how he could have such good taste and make such shit music

Nirvana is as good or better as other altrock or bands at the time

agree, or anyone with half the stuff that Kurt listed on that page

also, that's an odd Swans release to choose

Nirvana is a massively overrated band but Kurt was a capable songwriter and singer. Would hardly call his music "shit".

Though I'll say that Soundgarden was the superior grunge band of the "big four" from Seattle

>PiL - Flowers of Romance

Nirvana > Pearl Jam > Soundgarden > Alice in Chains

Best album on the list.

>before the internet
in those days it was all about what kind of record stores were in your town and what kinds of bands came through to play. i saw five of these bands live in 1986-90 and Kurt probably saw them all.

soundgarden>pearl jam=nirvana> alice in chains

Why does everyone forget about the melvins

Because they weren't one of the 'big four' at that time. Definitely part of the scene like a ton of other bands, but not in the same league mainstream wise.

because they're sludge metal