NO NO NO NO

NO NO NO NO
FUCKING HELL
Why are you flopping so hard? It's even worst than Warcraft.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0467197/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What are you, an investor?

didn't warcraft make bank in china

>white assassin

because the only interesting bits of any asscreed are the past bits where you can stab bitches and climb historical landmarks and the movie spends most of its running time in the most boring bits; the present day.

Fassbender has been in some gank films but they're not shit because of him.

i play video games and would never be interested in a shitty movie based on a boring game. cant see any normies being into it either

really makes you think how detached from actual life you are neckbeard op

Spaniards were white

ITS OVER

VIDYAKINO IS FINISHED

That's what yo mom said last night

It's because people who make vg movies still think video game players are a bunch of retards who don't understand what a story is.
This movie was absolute fucking shit and I would consider myself a fan of Assassin's Creed.
How do you even make a movie about a game with a story that's worse than the game?? Just copy-paste that shit if you're incapable of doing anything else.

What happened in it that was so bad? From all the production and effort, it looked like they were genuinely trying for this movie and was going to give it a shot.

did anyone think this was going to work?

all of the games are trash anyways

Why the fuck do they keep making high ass budgets in such shitty productions? 125 MILLION?! Are they fucking kidding? I don't get the logic of Hollywood studios in wasting so much money on first time productions....

Assassins went international in the games.

They were going for MUH VISUALS and everything else was pushed aside.
Visually it was pretty good but that doesn't make up for everything else.

>It's even worst than Warcraft.
Considerably. Warcraft at least got the Chinabux to save it. See image related, the worldwide total.

Warcraft was watchable though, it just got butchered in the cutting room

>saved it from rightfully flopping

China was a mistake.

How was everything pushes aside? What was any less developed than the games? Was it not close enough to existing lore or was it too similar?

Come on, Ezio arc is pretty good.

It's a worse movie than Warcraft too.

I think the lack of marketing and the timing (releasing it at the same time as Star wars, really?) was one of the majors faults.

Bow to your future masters you peasant

two words:
Hollywood accounting

don't tell the IRS

Because gameplay drives games, not the plot. They aren't like books or movies. It'd be like trying to adapt a song into a motion picture, like say, hit me with your best shot by Britney spears. What makes a good song and what makes a good movie is very different. I think good game movies could be done, in some instances, like I think Resident Evil might have made a good movie in the right hands.

It's over. If this one didn't work video game movies are doomed.

fantastic news

lets hope they keep the number of vidya inspired movies to the minimum

Fucking americucks almost doomed first good fantasy since last LotR movie. But new Ghostbusters made more than 140 mil there. Fucking tasteless plebs.

What game do you guys think has the most potential to make a decent film if faithully adapted?

Problem is the Assassin's Creed games aren't really that relevant anymore, if this was released a few years ago it might of done better.

I will probably not bother watching this on Blu-Ray either which is rare.

With Adrien Brody as Wario

>It's even worst than Warcraft.
Like is that even possible.

Was a trailer ever even made or released for this movie?

Pretty sure it was not.

Marketing is abysmal for this movie. Is it even a movie? Pretty sure this is a video game.

I don't think many people know this exists. You see a poster for Assassin's Creed on the street and you think "Oh they're making another one of those games my kids kinda like?"

No one knows this movie exists. Awful marketing team.

Warcraft was the highest grossing video game movie of all time. It was still profitable by hundreds of millions despite its huge budget and historically weak genre.

I'm tired of posting alongside the uneducated.

Warcraft was kino though

I'd say the only interesting bits of assassins creed are those instances where after climbing historical landmarks then jumping off those historical landmarks your survive the freefall by stabbing your assassination target in the neck.

But that got old after the first game.

Honestly, I think Bloodborne could make a great atmospheric horror movie. I'm sure the fans would hate having their headcanon fucked with but there's good potential for a dreamy, weird horror film. Especially the dlc content with the fishing village and research hall.

Again, I'm sure the fans would all rage at what is or isn't "true," but it's got potential

Why bother making it a tie-in to bloodborne? Why not just make a good dreamy, weird horror movie?

Why not just make good movies and let the chips fall where they may?

Just saw it

It was bad but no worse then your usual $1.1 billion box office 95% RT Marvel schlock. Better than Dr. Strange, Civil War, Thor 2, Avengers 2, etc. as well.

they still havent put Warcraft up on demand or on netflix.

the worse the movie is the faster its rights are sold around so thats confusing me

true, I had never heard of this movie until this thread. Doesn't really make a difference though, because apparently the movie was absolute shit.

Kind of a shame, for a total flop they actually had some recognizable celebrities, its not even like they just plugged in a bunch of homeless people like episode 7

The harder a movie flops the more money they need before the end of the quarter. If the movie breaks even, they can hold off on selling the rights.

Two additional films are planned, with the first sequel entering development during the production of the initial film. Kurzel told Premiere that he would like to explore the Cold War in the sequel.

>making a movie years after the game peaked

>was going to give it a shot.
that's why it failed

indeed

I think Sup Forums's died of laughter by this point.

It's America what did you expect?

kek

What did you expect? It's a movie based off of a video game. They're never good. Literally never.

>Kurzel told Premiere that he would like to explore the Cold War in the sequel.

So instead of making a movie about a lesser-known yet very interesting time period like the Renaissance we'll get Cold War movie #12541? Bravo Justin.

I love the games because I love history even though they are fucking shit but the only way this movie would have been decent is if they just stayed in 1 time period and not bounce back and forth like it did in the movie

No we wouldnt get the Animus/Abstergo story (which is trash anyways) but the bouncing back and forth is part of what caused it to be a fucking disaster and not letting us know who to actually focus on

TOP 10 confirmed by monday

Gamers are the least likely demographic to go see movies but the most likely to download torrents for movies they like.

I don't know why hollywood don't get that and stop making game based movies.

What does being good have to do with being profitable? Do you think the transformers movies are good?

>warcraft flop

dont believe those articles that say it was a flop either

they are just scared about the hollywood industry going down to the foreign markets

Fuck off soulsfaggot, none of those games would make good movies.

It wasn't a flop but they are wary of making more warcraft movies because they don't like being so reliant on the Chinese market.

Good luck with that, you won't see many more game remake movies for a while now.

The heavy hitters have been made and all been very poor in terms of profits. Final fantasy, warcraft, AC, doom etc

This is what surprises me, you would think they would want it on there as soon as possible due to gamers being less likely to actually goto the cinemas.

It still has to open in:

Italy 4 January 2017
Philippines 4 January 2017
Armenia 5 January 2017
Switzerland 5 January 2017 (German speaking region)
Switzerland 5 January 2017 (Italian speaking region)
Chile 5 January 2017
Denmark 5 January 2017
Greece 5 January 2017
Israel 5 January 2017
Netherlands 5 January 2017
Portugal 5 January 2017
Russia 5 January 2017
Ukraine 5 January 2017
Austria 6 January 2017
Norway 6 January 2017
Poland 6 January 2017
Romania 6 January 2017
Sweden 11 January 2017
Brazil 12 January 2017
Argentina 19 January 2017
China 10 February 2017
Japan 3 March 2017
Tunisia 21 December 2017

I didn't say bad movies couldn't be profitable. But if a movie is bad, it has a higher chance of tanking than a good movie does.

Bad movies that make a lot of money are usually due to a huge amount of hype and advertising. This movie had none what so ever.

bad movie + no advertising = no money

>Assassins Creed
They actually made a movie out of that stupid shit

I thought it was pretty good

The only decent video game movies would be based on narrative heavy games. A Planescape movie would be interesting, but half the fun is the dialogue decisions you make and the NPCs you choose to speak with.

Same with Witcher, that might work as a movie (please don't reference that shitty Polish TV shoe/movie), but then again that was a book series first.

Otherwise, as someone early in the thread stated, it is like trying to make a popular good song into a feature film. Just doesn't work because of the type of media you're trying to transcribe.

>Mortal Kombat actually had a cinematic release
Oh my..

I'm afraid to even see this.

The historical side of the franchise can be so good, but the conspiracies/ancient-aliens/sci-fi parts are so bad it hurts...

fucking kids on this board

how the fuck would anyone not know this

Warcraft didnt flop at all.

Good thing they got the heavy hitting Tunisian market to anchor for them, that'll put away any fear of it flopping to rest.

It didn't do as good as expected. Next one will have a lower budget.

Is Fassbender a draw? Has he ever been?

The first torrent available was a web-dl so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Yes it did. Legendary only got the standard 20% of the china gross. Wanda pocketed the rest. Legendary thought being owned by wanda would allow them more china money. They were wrong.

It didnt flop. Come back to reality please.

Did it flop?

Literally what was wrong with Warcraft?

>tfw i thought it was pretty good
perhaps i havent seen enough good action films lately

Still better than any Marvel flick.

fpbp

eh, cgi was a bit mixed and it felt kind of badly edited (Later learnt it had a third of it cut which explains that), not to mention a few spotty performances.

That said i found it enjoyable, nice to see a fantasy film that didnt coattail the lotr style

Damn, thought it was going to do well at least money wise, my theater was almost full on the premiere.

>mfw I actually liked it

Solid 5/10, really had some hiccups near the end. I ended up liking the redesigned Animus.

There aren't any aliens in the movie. It's a lot like ACII in terms of the present day plot.

I see every movie he's in.

>Silent Hill: Revelation 3D got released in almost 3,000 theaters

bold move, Open Road Films

12 year olds and Sup Forumsirgin gamerfaggots eternally btfo

300m from china for a foreign film is most assuredly a flop.

Max Payne
Starcraft
Metroid
Red Dead Redemption
Any 3D GTA before V

All they have to do is copy paste the games' stories

You mean the game that ends with you fist-fighting the pope in a secret chamber under the Sistine Chapel in order to get to a hologram built by a super-advanced precursor civilization which warns you that the Earth is about to be destroyed by solar flares?

>Metroid
>Story
U wot m8

>The Counselor
>Frank
>Slow West
>Steve Jobs
>Macbeth
>The Light Between Oceans
>Assassin's Creed

NOPE.jpg

20th Century Fox was willing to give him a shot at being a movie star because of X-Men and Prometheus and this is what he decided to spend his capital at the studio on.

He better pray that The Snowman does well, because if it doesn't you're never seeing him as a leading man in a studio movie again.

The series was always the result of a massive marketing push that made them into a "thing" while the games where in fact only decent at bests. Aside from interesting settings the assassins creed series doesnt really have much going for it. Although perhaps its better in movie form.

gta and red dead redemption are basically based on all sorts of movies

max payne already got a movie, didnt really worked out that good

Exactly.

But without that. It's almost exclusivily about the Apple, its potential, and the Templar. The Assassins are pretty secondary.

>Max Payne
Uh, user. They DID make a Max Payne movie. It was terribad.

imdb.com/title/tt0467197/

Like, Uwe Bol tier.

I played the first five games but have no interest in continuing the series. I also have no interest in seeing this movie.

Like warcraft they waited too long to make the movie. Nobody give a shit about a movie anymore since a new asscreed come out every year.
You need to make the movie when people show hype for it not 5 years too late.

isnt he in the new alien

>Angry Birds Movie
>#2

Sup Forums are you ready for the golden age of MOBLEKINO?