It's a Stargate thread

>It's a Stargate thread

remind me again, didn't see it on any wikis

if someone activates a gate is it two way travel or one way, i always recall that if you try to enter through the receiving side you will disintegrate

indeed

hey I wanna know this too, I have no idea

Fellow SG1 nerd here

I recommend Dark Matter if you want that low budget comfy feeling that SG1 had

its not as good but its better than Atlantis

It's one way travel

Are aliens in Stargate a product of their environment / the planet they grew on or did every being come from some type of anubis jaffa kree type of race?

>they never fixed the galactica

one way

that's basic 101 stuff you learn early if you pay even a little attention, sperg

tbqh Dark Matter feels more like Firefly than Stargate

>it's a medieval village in a forest episode

>tfw the fat nerd will never become a proper hero

AYY

Does that mean it will 404 super quick?

is it true all asgardians have a plate in their pants to gard their as

A few questions

>what is the most comfy saga/season?
>when did chris judge 'get teal'c
>why is stargate regarded as red pilled?

>does anyone have a pic of that tokra with the great rack?

Two way, there are numerous episoees where the team escapes by entering a called gate, e.g prison episode.

christ so everytime they open a gate shit could come through? that's insane

There's numerous episodes where the plot hinges on nothing coming back, though.

except you're wrong

Yes, that is possible, however the plasma blast clears the entrance upon openning.

>does anyone have a pic of that tokra with the great rack?

Her name is Anis

in what direction does the plasma blast happen, only the gate that opens right?

when they had an OFFWORLD ACTIVATION, they had the IRIS, did a plasma blast hit the iris too or no

It happens on both ends.

>it's a you can't really trust the Tok'ra episode

He's right in first episodes jaffa go back and forth

The iris is so close to the event horizon the gate can't materialize anything. The shockwave can't form and incoming matter can't reassemble.

That was retconned tho

After the first 1-3 episodes they stop doing that.

But that never happened. The prison episode clearly demonstrates that unknowing prisoners are vaporized by jumping into the opening wormhole, because they think they can escape that way.

It's not a Plasma blast. The opening of a wormhole is called the KAWOOSH effect by Carter. Every time the SGC has an unsheduled opening you can see the Iris closing after the KAWOOSH. Since the iris is placed some micrometers above the event horizon it would be destroyed by the opening wormhole.

Nope IRC they close the wormhole and then redial it.

I guess they fixed this with the re-release of Children of the Gods

>Netflix has Atlantis but not the original Stargate

WHY

because it has aged horribly and normies cant appreciate it

gonna have to go spend a stupid amount on the stargate wiki before i watch another episode, never really thought about all this shit

>It's a Tolan technology episode

I was glad when they got BTFO by Anubis

how do they redial without a DHD, they just met the humans and wouldnt be familiar with their systems

Man I spent the past 19 years watching this show. After a while you will know this pseudoscience like you know actual facts

Apophis has a handheld dialer that he fidgets with, as I remember it.

it was the pilot and they fucked up, it was one-way travel every other episode and in movie.

I watched all this shit once before too, doing a very slow rewatch at the mo.

Remote control of the gate. Every advanced civilization like the Asgard, Nox and IRC the Tolans were able to do so, so it's safe to assume that the Goa'uld , who where the species using the gate network most extensively, were able to do so. Even without a remote, they could have just dialed the gate manually. Also they send a probe through the gate beforehand, so the knew there was no DHD near the gate.

>Not liking the Adventures of Dr.Mckay vs the blood sucking aliens

Atlantis would have been so much fucking better if Robert Patrick had stuck around beyond the pilot. It would have been refreshing to have had a serious hardass military guy in charge to contrast with O'Neill.

I actually rewatched the original SG movie a few days ago and it had only one way travel.

>It's a boner inducing episode

I'd frell her if you catch my meaning

Frelling right

More like bony.

LMAO

Top kek

How is her foot game?

Sweet Jesus

Two way. Several episodes from SG1 and Atlantis showed this.

The team opening a gate hoping no one would come through, but enemies would come and the team would need to hold them off until the gate closes.

Its why they made the Iris and in Atlantis the Shield.

I am not Lucy - Teal'c

>They had stargate shield
>Anyway else had it, they can invade them whatever they want

That's so fucking retarded that killed the fun for me.

>Stargate as a franchise is dead and buried

The third reason to watch SGU. Fisrt being the ship and Nicholas.

master of horror.webm

I used to have some issues with it. But well, it's just a scifi show. Things are "off" sometimes.

The vast majority of gates were in the open and surrounded by medieval-level civilizations.

SGC/Atlantis gates were special as their gates were sequestered within a facility and were (to a certain extent on Atlantis) militarized, so defenses like the Iris/Shield were not only necessary but a logical step.

why did they put someones grandmother in the dukes of hazards outfit?

>Its why they made the Iris and in Atlantis the Shield.
That's not the reason.

>third
Third and fourth, you mean.

Did anyone else adore the ship design? The BC-304 in particular is just magnificent.

Who/whats your fourth? The hot red head before she died? Or the stone rape scenes?

Why did they reuse actors so much?

user.

My favorite "it could be real" ship design. Heres a wallpaper.

Vala guy, post more

one-way for matter, two way for electromagnetic radiation (e.g. radio communication).

authorized boner activation

not that many actors are available in canuckistan.

You're a complete liar, hence why you can't actually name an episode showing this.

its a shame shes doing garbage indie movies with her husband.

Using someone elses body to have sex aint right. Although that can be sorta hot, i guess.

>Using someone elses body to have sex aint right. Although that can be sorta hot, i guess.
What?

atlantis had great space battles

I don't know if this was my imagination, but wasn't there like a story arc where it was just BSG? Like some (civilians?) got transported to some derelict space ship thousands of light years away and they could communicate with earth through some head and or some shit?

Was it its own stand alone show?

Stargate Universe.

SGU has a subplot where the protagonists stranded on a ship halfway across the universe can interact with people on earth via body switching technology. Being the soapy drama that it was this is mostly used for fucking their respective loved ones while being in a stranger's body.

>It is a "we met supremacist humans masquerading as benevolent benefactors so we nonchalant gave them address to a black hole" episode
SGC was pretty hardcore in their genocides.

Talk shit, get hit.
O'Neill is a cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything.

I know, I've seen Universe.
Your post just had nothing to do with either of my posts.
I really hope you're not as dense as I currently think you are that you honestly don't understand what I meant by

to be fair the Aschen had a habit of assimilating cultures and then making them infertile so they could use them as farmers for their confedration.

I'm not the same person that originally replied to your post. I just thought you were confused by SGU's bizarre plot.

Nice meme

Were Aschen one of those people who had BTFO'ed Goa'uld?

One thing show was missing was more third party wars from SGC perspective.
We mainly got people who were under the snakes or had fought them off long ago so are now left alone.

>Were Aschen one of those people who had BTFO'ed Goa'uld?
AFAIK they weren't known to the Goa'uld, as the Aschen had no DHD and also haven't solved the drift of the solar-systems, as mentioned in "2001".

Shame this series never got a decent chance to survive past sg1

What happened?

Trek and dr who went the same way nobody does decent sci fi series anymore.

>>why is stargate regarded as red pilled?

They sure take a very interventionalist approach to the universe.

SG-showrunners wanted to make a MATURE SHOW FOR MATURE VIEWERS and angered the fanbase, so they took their ball and went home.
plus MGM going under didn't help either.

KEK

Yes, they even have Jayne Cobb, except in Dark Matter he's called 3

>We will never get a era of late 90s comfy kino's again
Blows my mind oz sg1 and sopranos where on at the same time yet I can't stop watching them.

HBO hasn't really done anything interesting since until Westworld at least.

Such a shame shows like sg1 don't exist anymore and their 20-50 something fanbase has nothing to look forward to except sci fi channel abortions or shit like the arrival or Prometheus

What the fuck else went so wrong? Personally trek I think was just as good yet suffered the same fate.

The new movie was great but everyone seemed to hate it I loved it it's everything the 1st two should have been and I am so pissed Stargate is dead.

Who knows maybe they'll reboot it again

In S02E15 this is brought up. They end up on a desert planet with 2 suns and the Stargate breaks on their side, they can't dial earth. Hammond dials their planet but they can't go through.

>it's a "these guys from Farscape wandered in during lunch they're now the main characters" episode

Hey guys, what fate Omoroca?

>it's a "Shaka, When the Walls Fell"-episode