Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5SemyzKgaUU
youtube.com/watch?v=Wq3xtZ8AjPE
youtube.com/watch?v=9vGOkcty1aI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Best Comedy

Lmao

you could just picture a theatre full of redditors watching this movie

Because it was carefully calculated not to offend anybody, and make audiences feel smug and cosy.

Welcome to Hollywood.

BRING
HIM
HOME

I hated this movie

>IM GONNA SCIENCE THIS SHIT

it was incredibly insulting that they tried to make the smug white boy sympathetic

everyone with a brain did

I just watched this and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I actually saw that as being more par to realism- given the timeline of the movie, the astronauts would be children right around the time dumb internet maymays were kicking around, so it's not an adult trying to be cool, but an adult just parroting the maymes that were popular when he was a kid, which is now.

And it's not of course dumb writers trying to make their character hip and relevant.

Which I actually doubt because I gained faith in them on the cross scene- where he's holding up a cross and he looks like he's praying, but he's really cutting them up for firewood or something.

I have about as much respect for The Martian as I do for the dog shit on my shoe.

It is Reddit, it is capeshit, it is cheeto dust, it is video games. It's nothing more than meme's enjoyed by simplistic pledditors.
I have ZERO respect for people who are not free thinkers and blindly enjoy the capeshit redditory Reddit show that is the martian.
I'm literally screaming, slamming my arms on my desk right now just thinking about it.

I know, right?
He should've been a sassy fat black lady.

Dude potatoes lmao

>I've run the numbers, they check out

Matt "inexpressive" Damon
Matt "sameface" Damon
Matt "zero talent" Damon
Matt "shit actor" Damon
Matt "clay face" Damon
Matt "retarded cunt" Damon
Matt "fuckface manlet" Damon
Matt "trisomic bastard" Damon
Matt "windowlicker" Damon
Matt "shit actor" Damon
Matt "I don't know how to act I just have a stupid frown on my face and read my lines" Damon

this 2bh

hes probly the most charisma-free popular actor

>in ur face neil armstrong XD

What didn't you like, specifically? Bonus points if you can do it without citing the "science the shit out of this" line or reddit.

Let's science the shit out of this.

i had a hard time believing anyone would actually want matt damon back from mars

It was good though. Not really best picture good, but still good.

the braided girl is pretty cute

So reddit sat back and enjoyed it, but you decided to autismo out for the whole movie?

You are a fucking idiot.

Fuck you, fuckin' queers.

I'm talking to a plastic tree...

hownew.ru

still better than Crash or that tall dyke as a boxer

in your face neil armstrong xD

you should get that autism checked out

wow you people have no taste

>how was this nominated for an oscar

In the late 2000s Oscar viewership hit an all time low so in 2009 the Academy doubled the amount of eligible films from 5 to 10 per category which allowed them to include a lot more casual films in the nominations

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up STAPLER my name is Donald but u can call me Le Magic Black Reddit Science Meme Man of Epicness!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!!

Now I'm gonna explain a basic slingshot maneuver to the senior Administrator of NASA lol

I liked it, probably because tested hyped me up

youtube.com/watch?v=5SemyzKgaUU

youtube.com/watch?v=Wq3xtZ8AjPE

i cant decide which was worse. this or the sequence where they actually played starman

Do you not understand that for a movie they need to explain things to the normie audience?

I agree it was good but oscar sounds a bit to much.

I never knew astronauts were so nice, stable, boyscout:ish and gay people.

I would have rather seen a nerve wreck, crying, screaming and cursing his impending death but surviving due to his/her anger and resourcefulness.

I know i was in the same position i would do so.

The book was actually quite nice. When I saw the movie, I actually was able to follow the plot because I've read the book before, but I can't imagine anyone who hasn't read the book being able to follow. A lot of things were not explained, just random stuff happening on mars. Also, the last scene at the NASA University was fucking unfunny

>le surviving because of eating shit hahahah

of course, but it was just done in such a stupid fucking way

I guess they could have done it in like a press conference or something, but ya know, whatever. I wonder if there's going to be a sequel, "The Plutonian"

One of the few movies I've just stopped watching over half way through.

Truly awful character, how did the others not simply punch him.

das raycist mane

we wuz astrodynamics n shiieet

well to be fair last years oscars were garbage

revenant wasnt even that good

youtube.com/watch?v=9vGOkcty1aI

The book was kind of cool, it was like an extended what-if.xkcd.com article

The movie was boring in comparison, but I can imagine if you hadn't read the book it would be a moderately surprising story

After watching the movie I tried to read the book since the movie was shit and usually the book is better. I couldn't make it through the first page because of the 'fucks' it spouted. Immediate and total turn off. Have a bit of decorum.

It would take more than what he did to grow potatoes on Mars.

What happened to Matt Damon? He used to be good

>The Martian
>Jason Bourne

Fucking jesus christ

Having this much autism in your life.

haha wew lad

>caring about "oscars"

Not even once.

It insists upon itself.

MARTINEZ

>"fucks"
>My word!
>Such language!
Are you middle aged housewife?
Fucking idiot

The "Project Elrond" made me honestly kek.

No, I have no problem with swearing at all. It's just when you have a book that you want people to take seriously as an effort of literature you don't go "I FUCKED UP. I SERIOUSLY FUCKED UP. I HAVE SO FUCKED UP SERIOUSLY."

MARS (the TV series) was way better

if you couldn't understand the plot of this movie, you may legitimately be mentally retarded

I literally would pay real money for someone to snack the shit out of that smug cunt Matt Damon

> snack the shit out of
> snack
lmfao

I pirated the movie, and stopped watching after 1 hour, I don't remember most of the movie, only that everytime he had a problem he would explain it to the camera and came up with a stupid plan that somehow worked everytime

what a shitty movie

i saw lord of the rings too fellow redditor :D

come on, it wasn't that bad, the rescue operation was inspirational with the whole world watching, the simulator thing so they could spell out words, the chinese helping out with their secret chink rocket booster. then the whole crew talking to him (although the forced '''banter''' was pretty cringey)

and damon did a good job in the role, fighting to survive and all that

ok I don't really think it should win any awards but I don't regret seeing it, just because it had a few meme moments

The most reddit line in movie history

it was probly the best moment in the movie

simply because sean bean was there

It didn't deserve an Oscar nomination but it was an enjoyable movie overall.

this tqbh

Underrated post