Mankind has the technology for FTL interplanetary travel, weapons that can wreak havoc on a cosmic scale...

>mankind has the technology for FTL interplanetary travel, weapons that can wreak havoc on a cosmic scale, instant communication with any spot of the galaxy, swords made of light, robots with genuine personalities and feelings, etc
>but they're still storing their data in huge-ass hard drives

It was a long, long time ago.

> oooh, shiny crystals
> wait, the Jedi were real?
Literally 16 years later

I'm gonna burn my own hard drive now before I forget the 80's

maybe the data drive is actually small but the casing is military and space grade protection

ever think of that you autist?

Nah that's not it

someone please post that thingie they gave lea in the end. (I assume it's the same prop from ANH, but I don't remember how it looked like)

it was much smaller. and still managed to house DS plans.

In a galaxy, far away

How else would they store it? It was in a storage facility.

It was a different time, OP.

It's a physical backup, right? It's going to just be in the same sort of drive as the rest of them considering it's all standardized in there.

Also, it contains the plans for an engineering project the size of a moon. I think a dumb, bulky hard drive is fair in Star Wars terms.

You realize the Star Wars universe has been going down hill technologically since the old republic right?

That's far from being the biggest example of the tech being inconsistently advanced

of course they have smaller storeage, empire just uses proprietary shit like the psvita

Shit. I forgot I'd replaced Hicks from Aliens with that picture

The archives were on a sandy planet and as we know it, sand gets everywhere so it was important that the files were protected by a big case

>retro sci-fi

Star Wars films are updated Saturday matinees from the 1930s. You can buy into that or not, but quibbling over the details is pointless.

"It ain't that kinda movie, kid." - Harrison Ford

>implying Jedis wouldn't use force to read the contents of your HDD if it didn't have a thick anti-force casing
You're dumb

We went to the moon more than 50 years ago and yet we can't cure balding. How do you explain that?

>it contains the plans for an engineering project the size of a moon
nigger any generic modern usb drive can store literally billions of pages of text

man I hate sand

it's better this way

lmao fuck off baldy

u ever seen the filesizes those 3D programs for engineers spit out even for small shit?

It's not just text senpai

also it's probably a cumbersome, literally hardware-locked inconvenient drive on purpose so you can't walk out as easily with a milimeter-sized drive hidden under your eyelid or some shit

>engineering project
>text
Are you really that retarded. You don't build a house with text, you need schematics and if it's sci-fi it might as well be in 3D. So an entire moon rendered in 3D, that's a lot of data

Nothing in the movies ever tell us they can actually build a hyperdrive. Maybe they are relics from another civilisation. Or maybe they have to buy it from Hutts or whatever. Fuck you if you can't enjoy anything

Probably full of 3D holograms and shit

You are the reason one cannot pick up actual bullshit in this kind of movies.

SW always been schizotech, the drive is not out of place.

Are you my dad? Because he literally said the exact same thing.

No user.

I AM your father.

It was a super secure facility so the data was stored offline in individual cases that had to be accessed manually with that crane thing. The inefficiency was deliberate.

The full plans fit easily in whatever thingy Leia had that she inserted into R2-D2.

>my Dad is an autistic sperg

My condolences, user.

this bit didn't happen in the film