Were we supposed to feel bad for the bugs?

Were we supposed to feel bad for the bugs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J206CKoG1R0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're not "supposed" to feel anything you fucking Spielberg pleb.

this user is wrong

The philosophical dilema presented by the movie is quite clear for a gifted mind, needless is to say our newfriend here would struggle with the most basic of plots

No. The only good bug is a dead bug.

It's afraid...IT'S AFRAID!

Hmmm, I wanna fuck it!

It looks cute.

The bugs didn't send those asteroids towards earth. It's all one big propaganda.

not any moreso than you're supposed to feel bad for dirty arabs or gooks getting carpet-bombed, etc.

>the antagonist is a giant vagina monster

rly maeks u think

it's an anus you fucking idiot

>Paul Verhoeven wants to criticize fascism
>portrays fascism as glamoursly as possible

What did he mean by this?

Why didn't Brain Bug just sap his brain out and crush everyone with its new mind powers?

How well would it suck your dick?

I'll take "Those things are not mutually exclusive" for 500 Alex

Of course not. Fuck bugs.

glamours? are you insane. the federation kills an entire city as a false flag so they can invade the bug planets. the citizens don't have a right to vote and people are used as expendable military hardware in the most poorly executed military strategy you can imagine

how do you not get satire?

That was his original plan but he read the book and got depressed about it. So he made a mockery of the entire idea.

It backfired and became pro-fascist.

Carmen cut the brain sucking proboscis off

For real he picked the coolest, most stylish elements of Nazism and far right politics and tossed them into a functioning utopia of a setting, how am I supposed to hate that
Hell the book was probably more PC than Verhoeven's satire on it, if I remember right Carl was black and Rico and Carmen were actually spics instead of white people with mild tans

>functioning utopia
>government nukes entire cities so that you go fight bugs

>portrays fascism as a militaristic bureaucratic nightmare that kills its own people and attacks other groups out of necessity for societal cohesion (which is literally what happens in fascism)
>glamorous

The right to vote is the a overused meme.
If people want to be heard, they will be heard.

This. Anyone who doesn't understand this is easily manipulated by cool uniforms, I guess.

What proof is there that Buenos Area was a false flag?

>It backfired and became pro-fascist.
Maybe in your mind it did.

fascism in the real world is very seductive; that's pretty much its hallmark danger. Just look at what's happened to Sup Forums and to a lesser extent the western world right now. Presenting it as glamorous and fun for those abiding by it is part of the criticism

>>>/leftycuck/

>citizens don't have a right to vote
Civilians don't have a right to vote, citizenship enfranchises you and service guarantees citizenship. Military service is encouraged but there is no conscription.
The problem with Verhoeven's satire is that it's subtle and yet stupid. The only major difference between the military in the movie and in the novel is that in the novel they perform well thought out military manoeuvres that often lead to success and in the novel they (as you mentioned) literally just throw thousands of grunts into a wall of bugs and hope for the best, which could pass for a satire of WW1 era military doctrine but doesn't count for much at the end of the last decade of the 20th century.

Government won't care about people that want to be heard but have no vote. See: bureaucracies that answer only to the federal government.

Only idiots believe that politicians have a heart of gold. They are the same exact self-centered beings as you and me.

asteroids don't travel faster then light. it would be impossible for it to travel from the big planet to earth in the time the movie stated.

Bugs that are capable of sending asteroids from the other side of the galaxy with pin point accuracy to hit earth

fuck
*in the movie

>Government won't care about people that want to be heard but have no vote
All big changes are not made with a piece of paper but with people in the streets.

solid counterargument senpai

You must be a newfag that didn't realize Sup Forums was satire. I honestly can't tell today if it's satire anymore today so I can hardly blame you.

Why are you still on the internet after Brexit and Trump brought you so close to mental breakdown?

Voting is a peaceful streamlining of that process. Why do you want violence? Are you still in puberty? Fascism does appeal to edgy to teenagers after all.

It's not satire today, and that's because fascism really is fucking seductive and glamorous. Rico and his pals aren't "tricked" into believing this shit; they really do love it

Not an argument, it's a strawman. Try actually basing your attacks on the facts at hand, not shit you made up.

Why do you still have nothing to say?

Are you under the impression that Starship Troopers is a realistic movie adhering to real science?

Just after the Rodger Young gets hit, they say the asteroid came from bug space. They would have alerted Earth, but it took out their communications tower.

DELET THIS

Yes Rico's parents believe it, that does not make the movie any less satire. They are idiots, just like every other idiot in film that accepts the propaganda. It is very clearly over the top. The fact that people find the movie seductive and not satirical says a lot about the people watching.

>ideologies that aren't mine are fascist
>pretending you care about facts

The reason the left continues to lose is because you don't acknowledge the facts and resort to nothing but pureile insults and appeals to emotion

>Hell the book was probably more PC
Heinlein books are anything but PC user. By the end of his carer his stories turn into erotic fiction with a sci fi setting. Usually underage girls end up fucking grandpa (against grandpa's will), or they rationalize incest. Hell friday starts with a violent gang rape that the protag doesn't mind that much.

>It is very clearly over the top.

Have you ever actually looked at fascism?

Why do liberals post on Sup Forums?

>ideologies that aren't mine are fascist
I didn't say that. Once again, you're attacking a strawman. I'm over here.

>the left continues to lose

Where have you been the last 100 years?

Even if you accept faster then light asteroids the bugs only responded to human aggression. The humans invaded their territory first and they responded. That much is said in the film and people ignore it and accept the government propaganda.

The movie is very clearly anti-fascist and the fact that people are trying to defend the action of the federation are beyond me, they are clearly in the wrong.

>Have you ever actually looked at fascism?

Yes and it is so over the top crazy I don't understand how people fall for the blatant lies and propaganda. It is very clear to me what a fascist is doing I don't see the appeal.

>The humans invaded their territory first and they responded.
So what? That doesn't mean a retaliatory strike isn't justified. Especially given "invaded their territory" doesn't mean a whole lot without any additional details.

>The movie is very clearly anti-fascist
No shit, that doesn't mean that literally every action taken by the government is wrong.

>humans encroach on territory
>respond with genocide

Who's the bad guy again?

They're arguing about whether the asteroid was supposed to be a false flag committed by the federation government. Just because the federation is portrayed as immoral and fascist doesn't mean that anything you accuse them of becomes true, you tard.

Right, as opposed to you, who I'm sure came to the conclusion that democracy is the best system all by yourself with no conditioning whatsoever.

Such a special little snowflake :^)

If you were paying attention, the bugs were never the aggressors and they are sentient beings getting tortured by warmongering apes, so yes.

>The humans invaded their territory first
So you're saying those Mormon shits are the cause of all this? Fucking knew it, mormon shits.

when did the bugs commit genocide, they destroyed a city in response to unprovoked aggression. It seems an appropriate response, if the bugs launched the rock at all.

>unprovoked aggression
Please cite the human aggression in question.

Your anus must look weird. Cool it on the buttfucking for a few days.

the humans set up colonies on bug planets, remember the "Mormons" that were using what looked like federation military tech

What aggression? Some fucking Mormons moved onto their planet.

>destroying a city
>not genocide

Wha? This may come as a surprise, but people live in cities. And they die when you destroy the city.

user. we ARE the bugs.

Don't ever read A Modest Proposal. It would only get you locked up. Fucking simpleton.

Yes, humans invaded a bug planet and set up a colony, that is an aggressive act. Furthermore when you are fighting an interplanetary war I would not consider a single city to be of significant size to be considered a genocide

The bugs wouldn't even consider it that aggressive if they view each individual as a drone, like a bug would.

First, that's not what aggression means. Second, you mean the ones the bugs murdered? Seems they had already responded to that "invasion."

>implying having to serve your community in some capacity in order to earn the right to vote on policy changes isn't a good fucking idea

Reminder that if you believe bugs sent the asteroid you're literally retarded.

That's not what genocide means friendo.

t. user who shitposts in star wars threads defending the empire

humans were the real monsters

>The bugs wouldn't even consider it that aggressive if they view each individual as a drone
So we have to view things through the eyes of a bug and therefore our retaliation is wrong. But they don't have to view things through the eyes of a human, so their retaliation is justified?

Oh right, I'm on Sup Forums, where genocide means "allowing muslims to immigrate into white countries."

>implying the sky just randomly falls on you.

Can Mobile Infantry take out a planet of xenomorphs?

Stellaris taught me that it's perfectly acceptable to colonize a planet populated only by a backwards xeno scum race

In what world is setting up a colony on territory belonging to another group of people not considered aggressive? Its an act of war.

>Seems they had already responded to that "invasion."
They eliminated the invaders yes, and then they responded with the invasion with an attack of their own, to deter further incursions. It makes strategic sense

Reminder that fascists are fascists because they're stupid. Otherwise they wouldn't be fascists

This really is the most expensive artfilm ever made.

Incorrect again.

>love the first and third movie so much decided to read the book
>also enjoyed it too
huh, when something is decently good is decently good.

>retards still arguing it's not satire

>people
>not bugs

There's your problem, friendo. And maybe an insight into your mental illness.

space mareens cant even handle one nest of xenomorphs, get real

>all these buglovers

Bunch of commie traitors need to go back to Plebbit

It does though

>In what world is setting up a colony on territory belonging to another group of people not considered aggressive?
In every world. Setting up a campsite in the middle of the woods is not justification for murder, even if it later turns out that section of woods technically fell within some resident's property line.

>It makes strategic sense
We aren't talking strategy. We're talking ethics. You claimed humanity acted improperly because it went to war over a massively disproportionate attack.

l-lewd!!

Mobile Infantry have stronger weapons than Colonial Muhreens

We are specifically told that the federal government established a quarantine zone around the arachnids and warned settlers not to go there.

youtube.com/watch?v=J206CKoG1R0

So explain to me again how the actions of a few extremists warrants murdering millions who happen to be the same species?

Those are Mormons who ignored the gubmint

They are an intelligent species we could communicate with, there can be peace and trade. Using bugs is an artistic choice. It forces the viewer to look beyond the aesthetics.

If you can't see beyond their appearance then you are no better then the federation who views them as an other worthy of extermination. Which is beyond stupid when even their scientists in the film admit they are better soldiers then humans

THEY EAT PEOPLES BRAINS

so did niggers

Kyaaaaaa~

>Setting up a campsite in the middle of the woods is not justification for murder
It wasn't a simple campsite and you know it.

God, HL2 has aged like shit.

the
bugs
didn't
nuke
the
city
humans
did
It's not hard to understand user.

Setting up a camp on someones property is trespassing and they can shoot you dead without question. The humans did not camp, they established a permanent colony, they claimed territory.

> You claimed humanity acted improperly because it went to war over a massively disproportionate attack.

and they did, the number of human casualties was relatively low and an appropriate attack, if it occurred, to an invasion by an enemy trying to claim territory.

Humans are humans and they have one government. They were responsible for policing their own people.