Poll

Do you prefer the new or the old Twin Fantasy?
strawpoll.com/h5dg3pbc

I'll bump
New tracks are for the most part better but I still think that Sober to Death has lost the magic in the ending.

Thanks for the bump!
I agree with you. But while that's the case, High to Death got a million times better in my opinion.

>Generic boring clean garbage sound is better

>lofi earrape garbage sound is better

It is

Explain to me how shit audio quality and a pretentious book report on Frankenstein are better

don't be one of those retards, lo-fi isn't cool, the original album had amazing songwriting ruined by cheap shitty production that made it unlistenable, it wasn't a style choice, it was a restriction because of his lack of money and equipment, get of this fucking bandwagon now you oversentimental pleb

I wish a music board had more people like you, who care about music.

It doesn't matter whether it was a deliberate choice or not, the production fitted the album and made it more interesting. Not all the time though, some moments are actually pretty unlistenable.

Also don't care for the new skits and changes in songwriting. I think the new monologue of NYI actually manages to be worse than the Frankenstein one. And the vocal delivery is way to laid back for how whiny lyrics are.

I enjoyed the sound lol

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it

where can i listen to the new version of it?

Old honestly. The only ones on the new album I like are the ones that were previewed and Famous Prophets

Some stuff on the original is borderline unlistenable. The same guys who praise it jerk off to shit bands like Teen Suicide and Mac Demarco

Stop being a pleb

Holy fuck High to Death has been fucking ravaged.

dupree hjPI

I prefer the new High to Death

Oh shit, he rerecorded the whole thing? Why? The absolute madman.

$$$

the new high to death needs a lot more reverb, the point of the song for me was that it was disorienting and confusing, it was one of my favorite moments on the album. i'm into what they did with the end of it though

I'll bump. Overall I think it was really good, in terms of how much it shapes up to the original I look at it like this:

Worse than the original:
My Boy
Sober To Death
Stop Smoking

On par with the originals:
Beach Life in Death
Nervous Young Inhumans
Bodys
High to Death

Better than the originals:
Cute Thing
Famous Prophets (Stars)
Twin Fantasy (Those Boys)

Overall I still prefer the old one but the new one is actually really good.

Link?

dbr ee hjPI

Add a period in first space and a slash to the second

Not as good as the original because it lost all the feeling.
An user in a previous thread on this topic got it right and i'll paraphrase; "He poured his soul into Twin Fantasy 2011, he pulled it back out for Twin Fantasy 2018"
And those of you saying lo-fi wasn't a stylistic choice are completely out of your fucking minds, his fucking phone would have taken better recordings if he wanted it let alone getting some cheap actual gear, it's not like he was homeless. Of course it was a fucking stylistic choice.

I think that feeling makes them two separate albums rather than a remaster imo. I really wanted to hate the new version but I ended up really liking it for different reasons.

it's definitely a separate album. the new one is more of a sequel than a remake - reflective of the events and emotions surrounding the first album instead of imitating them. there's a reason the two versions are sold together

thanks man

I agree with everything you said here, except I personally don't think the lo-fi added anything to the original for me. But yeah the skits on the new version really bring it down for me, especially the one on the end of nervous young inhumans, also feels like a lot of the emotion is gone

Whether or not you enjoy it wasn't the point of my argument, but to discard the new one because it has a higher sound quality is absurd to me

this but unironically