CHRISTIAN GENERAL

Christians, report!

Orthodox pastebin with reading list and FAQ's for atheists and Catholics and Protestants and more: pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x

Can well celebrate the triumph over the effort to push a Vatican II on the Orthodox Church?

youtube.com/watch?v=L80lb1T0ecs

>The document affirms love and peace as the church's ideals, criticizes racism, inequality, moral degradation and "liberal globalism" -- it's an agenda as conservative as it is anodyne.

>Yet the Council could have changed the Orthodox churches' ossified attitude toward the rest of Cristendom, which has not changed since the Dark Ages. To Orthodox Christians, all other denominations are heresies, not churches. Some steps toward more ecumenism and more openness would already constitute serious progress for what is now the most conservative of Christian denominations. Patriarch Bartholomew, a friend of Pope Francis's, was determined to push it through.

Thankfully, it looks like his agenda has failed.

>the Russian Orthodox church, the biggest of all potential participants, has pulled out at the last moment, following the defection of three smaller churches, and the Council has been rendered meaningless or even damaging to future attempts to bring Orthodox Christianity into the 21st century.

bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-16/the-orthodox-church-stays-in-the-dark-ages

Orthodox hymn for the occasion
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc

I am greek.

That's Rome's problem, not ours.

Orthodox christians are the *unsheathes katana* of this board

How? You mean because we think Christ's teaching should remained unchanged?

I need strength brothers. I love this girl so much that I'm very worried about her....

Is there any Bible quotes to fight for love... I love her so much...We both didm..I have never been loved for awhile... I just want her to text me back and plan ahead in the future... Is there such thing as destined love...? I have never fought my life to win her heart back...

I'm really glad we don't have Pope.

I don't know if texting a girl is wise if she's rejected you and isn't responding

Oh yes, me too. me too.

Heard there was a vote to try to make only certain people in power to vote on certain things. Like only higher ups could vote on a matter in the church. Father was really mad these figures are trying to do that? Know anything about it?

I don't know, it wouldn't surprise me. Thankfully the council is now toothless.

>pope Francis has 30 million followers in Twitter
>don't the Orthodox want to be well liked him?

Fuck (((Bloomberg))).

Herro there

But do mind that the only christians are orthodox and catholics, others are heretics

never mix your religion with your love interests. it gets some people in a lot of trouble because you then begin to justify absolutely retarded decisions as being fated and literal holy prescriptions.

you are to love God above all else. towards everything else you need to be detached. love is ultimately for having kids, that's it. all this romantic soulmate stuff is horseshit.

I feel weird about that cuz people are brought into it, I don't believe all evangelical/protestants are damned but it varies so much that I'd believe if some of them were Arians and didn't know it. Feel sorry for em

What their judgement will be, you can't presume to know. You can only know they are not in Christ's Church

Harsh but true, may they find their way. I can never go back to protestantism now.
It's just so dry and flimsy.

I have seen protestants/ baptits, they have several churchs here as well.

Admitting women as 'priests' and singing and dancing inside the church is not christianity.

Church should be quiet and beautiful

baptists*

they really are bat tits for me tho.

>thinking of going to greenland cuz nice,cold,quiet may live there
>it's almost all Lutheran with like 3% catholic
Hurts, because they are super muh women's and gay rights. It's horrible.

I doubt there is a place left over there where catholics are a majority. a pity

The struggle is real

Loving your enemies doesn't mean letting enemies of Christ bring the sword into your land so they can force people away from Christ

Turn the other cheek is about your own humility, it isn't about not defending your family or country

Giving the coat off your back is an exhortation, not a statement against right to property

Conservatives are humbler and more softly-spoken than liberals who hate Western culture tend to be

Just because your people are degenerated and interpret stuff from bible like that does not mean whole chirstianity is like that.

And yes you are supposed to help out poor and the sick but not by opening your borders or offering your wives to niggers.

Even Catholicism is seeing Christianity through a Protestant lens these days

stop

Went to Catholic Mass on Sunday this week. Holy shit they are as cucked as Sup Forums says.

Homily:
>Orlando shootings are terrible and very complicated
>Let's pray for our gay brothers and sisters, who are beautiful and were born that way
>Terrorist was a sick man motivated by Muslims. Let us pray for the sick and remember not all Muslims think this way. The majority of Muslims do not.
>What's most worrying is the lack of gun control in America. That's terrible. You can easily see how this could have been prevented through gun control.
>Fuck Donald Trump, he was so hateful in his response. Don't do stuff like him.

What happened? I had the same priest when I was younger and don't remember it being this bad. I've been a fedora for a while and still think I'm agnostic on the God question, but think Christian culture at least is the best. Is there a better denomination to join, or should I just stick with Catholicism since it's what I'm baptised and confirmed in? The other side of my family are Lutherans.

>Is there a better denomination to join
read the OP

Fuck you faggot but okay I'll check it out

Happy to help

Is pic related true assessment ?

Yep, it's flawless.

We are in the process of inventing our own

The Jewish Gods are long dead--we are just removing the corpses.