youtube.com/watch?v=Wp6tAcjq0N0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_Jones
youtube.com/watch?v=EsSlOGzPM90
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

hey this is pretty good

not cringe at all

Quite like it.
And it makes sense I guess. How else do you rebel musicslly against parents who were in the Sugarcubes: harmonious trad power pop.

It's definitely true that it's a rebellion of sorts. He says he believes himself to be a better songwriter than everyone from Iceland, including his mother.

The only people who get rebelled harder against than authoritarian dads are hippy mothers. Im inclined to cut him some slack, he seems to find Iceland a bit of an annoying place, probably not aided by the mild nationalism and nostalgia of someone who doesnt actually live there and stopped him from living there going on about it all the time. Hes like a late member of Generation X feels wise, I can identify with that.

When somebody asked him about being related to Bjork on his facebook page, here's what he had to say:

"If you're asking me what I think you're asking me, then the answer is that I firmly established said relation as an unpopular subject early on in my life. I spent the latter half of my teen years mercilessly berating anyone who brought it up, and I think people eventually just got the message and stopped asking me about it. It's good; now I can discuss it on my own terms, rather than have to squirm under some dipshit journalist's asinine questions.

It's not that I mind the relation per se, but more that that's the only reason people are interested in me, sort of like I was the elephant man and all people wanted to talk about my deformities, when all I really wanted to do is talk about my flourishing career as a painter (or whatever the fuck the elephant man did with his spare time). Imagine never being able to accomplish anything more interesting than the circumstance of your own birth, and then tell me you'd like to spend time talking to people about it. I'm doomed to be compared to someone else my entire life, and I'd rather not answer anyone's stupid fucking questions about it, thank you very much.

It's also a waste of time. Most questions people ask me about it, they could answer themselves if they spent even a moment thinking about it before they open their mouth. Why bother even asking, when they could get real and actually talk about music? I'd love to just for once in my life get asked a question about a song I wrote or my guitar overdubs or what drugs I like or what my lyrics are about or just fucking anything remotely interesting. It's a waste of everyone's time, and the sooner everyone gets over it, the better."

A bit resentful I think

>and stopped him from living there
She didn't though, did she?

3 minutes onwards sounds nice but his singing is eeeeehh...

Probably because it's the only thing people wanted out of him his whole life

>I'd love to just for once in my life get asked a question about a song I wrote or my guitar overdubs or what drugs I like or what my lyrics are about or just fucking anything remotely interesting. It's a waste of everyone's time, and the sooner everyone gets over it, the better."

WAH WAH WAH
GIMME ATTENTION
NOT BECAUSE OF MY MOMMY
GIMME ATTENTION BECAUSE OF MY MUSIC
WAH WAH WAH

His whining is kinda gay and he seems emotionally immature but idk why anyone assumes someone's child automatically likes their parents music. I mean half these dipshit journalists didn't like their parents music

this seems perfectly reasonable to me

I mean, is it not wrong that he'd want attention based on his work rather than his mother's? He is a bit of a prick but he's not completely unjustified.

I mean, bjork is overrated, but how can this fucker consider himself better than her?

I haven't listened to much icelandic music but I assume that he's not good compared to the rest of the scene either.

> your statement you say that, “I’m a better songwriter and lyricist than 90% of Icelandic musicians, my mother included.” That’s one bold quote you have there! Two questions. 1 – What is it about their writing that’s so bad? And 2 – What do you think it is about your song-writing that’s better?

>It’s just that it’s hackneyed, hookless drivel, most of it. It’s not necessarily bad, it’s just failed potential. You’ve worked so hard for so long to get on the radio or TV or whatever, and this is what you have to show for it? Half-hearted, ambling chord progressions and songs about how nice the weather is?

>Well saying that I can do better is not boasting: it’s just me stating that I can write a song, and they can’t. At least not very well. You could say it’s a taste thing, and you’d probably be right, but I just can’t see how you could put all your passion and guts into writing something barely hasn’t got a hint of either.

lmao this is literally when someones a huge pseud and want's to justify their baseless opinion

Reading over it, he doesn't really say much

im not into it

Imagine being Bjork
>son asks to play new song
>"ok great! I'd love to hear it"
>plays this
how do you even respond

I don't blame him for being a bit bitter, but it seems very immature and unhealthy. I wonder if they have a good relationship.

I don't know much about him but in the few interviews I've read he never mentioned being related to Bjork or having a mom even. He brings up his dad quite often though.

I don't think she'd be unsupportive, maybe disappointed

He's like a hipster but for his parents. I think his dad might be more of an influence on him musically though.

she likes everything he posts on facebook, I doubt she's disappointed

That's good. I hope he appreciates that, his mother supporting him.

Why is he fat?

Probably eats a lot.

The real question is why does he look Asian?

He doesn't, and have you seen his mom?

He looks like a fat Korean male version of his mother

He looks like Hyde from that 70's show if he had downsyndrome

Seems fair enough to me.
Funnily enough its also the kind of thing his mother would say too I'd imagine (and possibly what she was saying when she started throwing haymakers at that journalist).

Fuck

I expect a certain cautionary example weighs on him.

I want to start a rumor that Sean beats Yoko. Anyone else down?

Wouldn't work

it would work if you just got the right fabricated evidence to the right sources

No, it literally wouldn't work. It would be more believable if the rumor was Yoko beats Sean

>It would be more believable if the rumor was Yoko beats Sean
that is true but it's not like it literally wouldnt work, people will believe anything thays physically possible if they read it in the news

I expected this to be pretty shit. It’s surprisingly pretty nice

beats at musical talent fo sure

what is this genre called. fuck
it sounds like fuckin pop punk but i like it.

pop punk. the genre is called pop punk and you are called a pleb.

It's just pop punk

>youtube.com/watch?v=Vtw6xDHfgPg
I like how they made absolutely no effort to conceal the fact that his M80 isn't connected to anything.

Not if you consider how much forced exposure to music like his mom's he must have had to endure growing up. He might not be the greatest songwriter of all time. But the OP's link indicates he has at least SOMETHING going on in that department (which is more than I can say for his mom.)* One of the best ways to learn what works is to be heavily exposed to what doesn't.

* There ARE things to like about Björk. But one of them ISN'T songwriting.

I'll be goddamned if he ever writes something 1/10th as good as this

youtube.com/watch?v=Wp6tAcjq0N0

She has a daughter as well so maybe that's another Bjork in the pipeline.

probably not because she's American. maybe her mom's imbuing that Icelandic spirit into her.

"wow, how could you compare me to my parents"- son or daughter of famous musician

Bowie was the only one whose son didnt turn out a tard.

Is there anything he cant do?

>Bowie was the only one whose son didnt turn out a tard.
What's he like?

he is a respected film director

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_Jones

>that feel when bowie will never be your dad and beat up other peoples dads, but he isnt good at it so we run away

youtube.com/watch?v=EsSlOGzPM90

all the beatles kids made good music. my favorite is sean lennons

Bowie was the greatest

that was pretty bad

Look up power pop plebs

I wish his songs were at least tasteful and not the most derivative garbage of all time

the elephant man is such a good film

well that was mediocre

look up your ass homo

bjork's always seemed like she really cares about her children, even in the 90s when it was just him
hope this is true and he appreciates that

Bjork's son is a Bdork

>* There ARE things to like about Björk. But one of them ISN'T songwriting.
oh do fuck off

Are you frustrated?

This is björk's daughter

Songwriting doesn't just mean lyrics, I agree mostly Bjorks lyrics are shit, her most lyrically solid albums are also her best. The problem is that its impossible for songwriters to write for Bjork so its up to her if she wants to sing over random phrases that make sense to only her or not.

looks like her dad

qt

checked

She could at least hook him up with a good producer.

fatboy, shite music, what else is there to say

I don't think he'd want it.

mama's boy

bjork_male_clone_WIP.jpg

she's really cute here

kek

Loved his film Moon and I'm really excited for Mute.

yeah moon is great and i hope mute is good
i'm mainly impressed at how well adjusted duncan is, like he seems like a really down to earth and likeable person which just isn't what you'd expect from the son of someone like david bowie (then again, bowie's always been really intelligent and since he stopped doing drugs he was really down to earth and funny too.)

>implying the sugarcubes or bjork are musically radical
epic lol

based

for pop at the time

Do you think he's met Arca

???

what a baby

this is pretty good, and I'm normally one to hate this kind of music

Likely

Sounds like generic crap nobody would pay attention to if he wasn't Björk's son

I think that's what he's angry about

bump