Gnaw Their Tongues is unironically what I use to study

include me in the reddit screenshot xD

Retards

you should try Untrue by Burial

that a weird way to spell Burial's Untrue

This album is perfect for working

Elaborate please

Good post

Huh never seen that Untrue cover. Weird.

Americans don't and can't fully understand and appreciate Untrue, simple as that.
And if you think it is "studying" music then I have no idea what the fuck is wrong with you but you may want to lay off the drugs.
You have to pay attention to know Untrue, you have to listen to it.

Ghosts I-IV my friend

shut the fuck up dude

i made you this chart OP. it's mostly ambient of varying styles, with a few curveballs thrown in there.
happy cramming, mate.

Why? Did I strike a nerve in one of your greasy cholesterol-riddled arteries?
You will never understand it, simple as that.

Fuck you.

>benn jordan - pale blue dot
wew lad what a good album

OP here, thanks man
Is Jon Hopkins worth getting into?

What is this image trying to convey? It's like two different arguments from the same side

this is 100% correct. untrue may sound like it at first but it is far from an album that you'd want to leave to play in the background.
also yanks will never get it no matter how much they think they do

i'd argue that as a brit unture isn't as impressive as the yanks believe it to be. the garage/two-step drums to me sound super regular, its only certain elements of sampling and voice manipulation that make it kinda interesting, and even thats overstated.

Lo-Fi Hip Hop Chill Study Beats 24/7 Radio Stream

Shit I wanted to post that

How about
>listen to album in focused distraction-free setting
>enjoy it so much that you leave it playing in the background next time you listen to it because you're already familiar with it
simple as that, you fags overcomplicate anything

he's definitely worth your time. opalescent is also a good album, though in an entirely different, more "easy-listening" style than immunity.

it's the OG of space ambient

/bleep/tards always post this whenever anyone criticizes their notion that somehow only bongs can "get" untrue.

I don't think they even know what the image's trying yo say.

Sauce on that spooky gif?

it's Anime - Evangelion

It's making fun of Sup Forums and places like WATMM for their reaction to a Simon Reynolds analysis of Untrue.

I watched Evangelion like 4 times and this is not a part of the show. *Tips fedora*

no, you're retarded and here's why:
an album that you enjoy will always offer more on repeat focused listens. in the case of burial, you can listen to every track on this album countless times and still find details that you missed out on that add a whole new level of depth to the music. not just in terms of their sonic quality but also the external sources from which the sounds were ripped, the overarching themes, and the coherency of the track with other tracks.

maryuu senki

So what do you propose? Never do anything else at all while listening to music? Are you actually this autistic?

Paying undistracted attention to an album the first time is essential. Second time as well. From the on, thinking you can't enjoy an album while doing something else is just retarded. Maybe you literally can't do both things and you're just pissy about it?

>maryuu senki
I posted that and I didn't even know. Thanks user

Once again you prove my point that deep listening isn't required every time you listen to something, I've used Untrue as background music countless times and I still enjoy it
Get fucked

i never said you're not allowed to put it on in the background while doing something else. just realise that you're not actually LISTENING to the music, you're just hearing it in the background of whatever thought process you're currently focused on.
and i only double down on this argument in the case of burial, because it gives the impression of an ambient album when it is actually far from it.

yes, background listening provides an atmosphere and cuts away at the stress of whatever it is you're working on but unless the artist specifically designed the album for this purpose, you're listening to it the way it was intended to be listened to.

retard, I never said there's anything wrong with background listening. all I'm trying to say is that you get more out of an album from focused listening than from background listening. and in the case of burial, the difference is vast.

Your point didn't prove anything substantial that the average music listener didn't already know and it does not change what people associate Burial with

>no Virgin era Tangerine Dream
wew lad

No, YOU elaborate. Why is it not suitable for studying?
>NO! YOU CAN’T LISTEN TO MY ALBUM LIKE THAT
>NO! YOU HAVE TO OAY ATTENTION TO IT! YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO IT THOROUGHLY, EVERYTIME
>IT DOESN’T MATTER IF YOU LISTENED TO THE ALBUM EIGHT TIMES ALREADY AND WANT TO STUDY WITH IT! YOU HAVE TO PAY ATTENTION TO IT EVERYTIME

bruh how the fuck is mezzanine studying music. that has me wishing I was walking into a DnB/Jungle warehouse show in 90s South London.

You sound like a very intelligent person

must be all that studying to untrue that he does

I never said it wasn't. I even stated I did use it for studying.

this

I dunno why but I always used to listen to this on repeat whenever I had work to do
youtube.com/watch?v=qmsbP13xu6k

Music while studying reduces concentration and quality of memorization.

unironically this

what does this even mean

trips do in fact lie

upboat me :D
reddit.com/r/Sup Forums/comments/7wv097/study_music_thread_fixed/

>mezzanine
haha wtf?

nujabes for daytime coffee/adderall studying

miles (round about midnight, sketches of spain, kind of blue) or coltrane for night time