The New Age Has Started

The old era is officially over. This season marks the start of a new era. The era of Isco, Asencio, Draxler, Dybala, Neymar and Mbappe. Post more players that will dominate this season and put Ronaldo and Messi to shame.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=11JPa0lkYOY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>le go missing in big games lad

>le never make it to big games country

>le never win anything since the 21st century country

>Mbappe

This new era will be known for only one player, friend.

>Draxler

I'm still not seeing it

*chokes to costa rica*

Imagine unironically believing any of those players will even touch Suarez, Robben, Iniesta, etc. let alone Messi and Ronaldo.

*cares about qualifiers*

P U L I S I C
U
L
I
S
I
C

"doesn't care about qualifying for the most important sports event in the world"

the year in which nerman shits the bed

It is always around these years of a decade when young, aspiring players come out to become truly elite and dominate what's left of the decade and the first half of the upcoming

>Van Basten, Maldini become are already best young players by 1987/88
>Ronaldo
>by 1997/98 he was called to be a superstar
>Zizou, Sheva, Bergkamp were other promising youngsters at the time, who went on to become elite
>Cristiano was already a star in 2007, but he became world class with his glorious 07/08 season
>Messi became a starter that season as well and never looked back
>2017/18
>Isco, Asensio, Dybala, Mbappe, etc
>

good pattern spotted

>w-we win q-qualifier games while big strong USA wins the tournament games

>Isco
He's not young, he's 25. He's Griezmann 2.0 - will have one or two world class seasons at his peak before he sputters and does nothing else
>Asensio
He has more potential already than Tsu - I'd argue he's already better than Tsu in everything but statpadding
>Dybala
Like Isco, he's around his early to mid 20s and although he's great for Juventus, he hasn't really shown he's truly world class other than the one odd game or two. Riquelmeme 2.0
>Mbappe
The new Ronaldo/Henry and pretty much the next GOAT in the making.

Honorable mentions: Dembele, Lemar, Pulisic

It's not like the qualifiers decide if they qualify or not, am I right? Honduras is going to cuck you again, tbqh

>tfw you'll never live in Costa Rica
I have a sympathy for your flag since you cuck'd England.

>Pulisic

>not mentioning Alli.

>Suarez, Robben
Meme players

>Iniesta
Truly underrated

>mentioning Alli

I might, MIGHT give you Robben, except for the fact that Robben took Netherlands to a WC final once and WC semis twice, and has a pretty solid history at Bayern. I can't honestly give you Suarez, though. He's probably the best striker of this era.

>best striker of this era
*ahem*

>amerifats

>le golden generation meme

this thread works as a reminder to not reply to certain flag when discussing football

>He's Griezmann 2.0
Literally MVP of 3 CL finals and carried a second-tier Málaga team to almost semifinals so basically top-5 MVP of CL 2013

He's already Zidane-tier by achievement, and only 25, and did it from a relegated position in the squad. Now he's basically the star of the team with Ronaldo past his peak and also hitting prime midfielder age range (26-30)

Cringe

9-0 bitch

Dubious. I don't even know how you can put Sheva and Bergkamp in the same "youngsters" category.

Sheva was 22 in 1998, playing for Dynamo Kiev, and had just one decent season under his belt.

Bergkamp was 29 in 1998, playing for Arsenal, and was already a Ballon d'or runner-up in 1993.

Asensio is leagues better than those other names you mentioned and will surpass both Messi and Ronaldo.

What a shit age. At least Messi had his autism as gimmick, and we could laugh at Ronaldo for being obsessed with being perfect/the best.

ah fuck i meant henry
i was thinking of arsenal and got mixed up
plus im a bit drunk and thinking of a gril im in love with biut will never accept my love

These players are on the same level as Tevez, Sneijder etc, 10 years ago

If he has a season similar to Dembele in the Bundesliga and champions league this season, he will definitely be a world class talent.

It's because there is no marketed rivalry yet. Cristiano and Messi did not look that charismatic in 2005 (especially not Messi).

Fair enough. Everything will be okay lad.

Messi was being marketed as the next Maradonna by 2006 and Ronaldo was widely considered to be the best winger of the premier league by 2007. They weren't even marketed as a rivalry until Ronaldo moved to Real in 2009 but everyone and their mother knew those two were special and above every other player before that.

>iniesta
>robben
>suarez
Past it.

>everyone and their mother knew those two were special and above every other player before that
"Everyone" now knows the likes of Mbappe and Asensio are special. They'll have to reconfirm it with their careers like other geniuses have done before of course but the spotlights are already there

Jesus you guys need to stick to football manager

To be considered special you have to style against the world's best, not Dortmund and Man City

I can think of ten players from his age group that are infinitely more talented.

He's just the next Freddy Adu but he'll get the hype because Nike are desperate for >muh soccer to keep going. The MLS is flying at the moment but the only players making a real impact in the league are Europeans that flattered to deceive in their home leagues, e.g. Sebastian Giovinco

>above every other player before that
You mean like in that 2006 World Cup, where the young Messi and the young C. Ronaldo did outshine the old and boring Zidane? With their only goal against Serbia and Iran?

About 20 dudes had been marketed as the next Maradonna. Ronaldo was the best winger around by 2007, but it wasn't for a year or two that he was a real contender for best in the world. What's crazy about those two in comparison to Zlatan, Robben, Sneijder, Tevez, Ribery even goddamn Robinho or Cassano isn't the level they started at (Ronaldo widely rated lower than Rooney at first) but the unending improvements they made in their mid twenties. Nobody would have expected that sort of goalscoring from either of them. You can see things like weaker foot technique, Ronaldo's headers, Messi's freekicks etc. coming into play way after other dudes had finished growing.

Dortmund is a top 10 club in Europe though. I agree on Shitty.

Dortmund has gotten worse every year since Kloppmeister left

I can taste the seethe from my computer.

>I can think of ten players from his age group that are infinitely more talented.
Name these 18 year old kids right now.

by summer 2008 there was no doubt ronaldo was the best in the world. then when messi scored a header in the CL final vs prime van der saar, vidic and ferdinand, there was no doubt he was the best.
then cr7 came back remarkably instead of surrendering to messi like everybody else and regained the title for best player nearly a decade later

>About 20 dudes had been marketed as the next Maradonna

Kek, in France we had 6 or 7 new Zidanes (from Camel Meriem to Ben Arfa) and at least 25 new Henrys, the last one before Mbappé being Martial (google "Martial new Henry" for a chuckle).

Mbappé is not the "new Henry" though, he's his own thing and just a better player, I think.

Mbappe is similar to Henry, although Henry dribbled differently

Yet to see his heading ability, there's parts of his game that remind me of young Anelka too

Asensio is the new GOAT

Wow a breakaway goal

Mane tier

Why is nobody talking about this guy? He seriously is the best 9 in the world right now and i don't see any rumors about a big move to the EPL or La Liga, are they too afraid that Icardi is gonna steal their wifes?

dybala is overrated

I see the similarity, obviously, but I think the differences will become clearer when Mbappé matures and gets more exposure.

>Ter Shitgen
>that defending

Imagine forgetting about Rashgoat. I'm telling you once he learns how to finish like a world class striker he will be incredible.

that pic is just like something i would dream
i have all kinds of fucked up dreams that i enjoy nonetheless. I also remember them all.

Reminds me of dark souls. I just got the urge to want to cut them down with a zweihander.

>Penaldo's faggotass refusing to celebrate because he didn't get another tap in
Insufferable.

>Another break away goal

Must be so to score against 2 defenders that are running backwards

Might take notice when he scores a goal of this quality

m.youtube.com/watch?v=11JPa0lkYOY

I'm not buying the hype around Mbappe. yeah he might be something like Robbin or Henry who the fuck knows he's 18. but the "le next GOAT" meme is unjustified

Reminds me of Shearer a little bit, he's quite heavy set, yet skates past defenders with no problem, and generates a lot of power with very little backlift

>le monkey sprint better than dribbling past 3 defenders and scoring from range
Kys britdumb.

>Pulisic is GOAT

Opinion discarded then

He outplayed a defense of Hummels, Boateng and Neuer. Also, despite having Ronaldo making a good run next to him, he has the confidence to ignore him and fuck up that defense alone in a CL knockout game at 20.

Liverpool should have sold Coutinho for 200 mil.He is not worth the amount.Liverpool have enough in the attack to last till January,where they could have bought a replacement for him.

>B-but p-pulisic
Jesus christ, you britsharias are so obsessed it's fucking hilarious. Didn't even mention him at all either kek.

>Zero [0] senior international goals before his 17th birthday
My fonz when

nah it's justified, he's lready at a level most plyers never reach
sure, he may flop due to bad attitude, injuries or whatever, but the raw potential he and Asensio have is amazing

>Draxler

>nah it's justified, he's lready at a level most plyers never reach

what does that even mean? what level is that? I don't see much skill to him

Asensio will get a starting position fairly quickly or he'll leave (Barcelona already said they're willing to pay his release clause with a generous contract) - and it should logically be striker since Benzema and Bale fucking suck and RM's midfield is the best possible midfield any team could ask for.

Ronaldo can pout as much as he wants and slide Asensio with less game time in place of fucking Benzema but the writing's on the wall.

Asensio is the rising young star and the future for RM.

>I don't see much skill to him
really? you should look harder then
he's THE complete striker: fast, good at dribbling, agile, great timing, great positioning and most importantly he's a finisher
whenever he's in front of goal his blood freezes, he has a level of calm and confidence i've never seen in a 18 year old

>Barcelona already said they're willing to pay his release clause with a generous contract
I thought Perez upped his release clause to like half a billion like he did with every starting player?

I actually agree with almost everything apart from Isco. His position does not allow him to be compared to anyonee in this list. He plays Winger in need, not his physical position.
As for Asensio, If he works out and makes the body of Ronaldo he ll surpass him. Ronaldo's physical will allow him to play top level until he is at least 34-35.
Weather he decides to do that or not (based on the team he ends up/he stays at Real till then) is another story.

era of Liverpool la

Same here. Every year, Media sell new Messis, Iniestas or Ronaldos coming from young football base or after had made a good season in a small club

More like by 2007 there was no doubt Messi was the best player in the world and by 2011 there was little doubt he was top2 all time. Ronaldo was good competition

>King Cuck

Draxler has worse stats in Ligue 1 than Depay

this guy right here

Lemar is better

I really want to think that he is that good.
what really good game did he have were he truly shined? I want to watch it full

I don't think he's had a full game performance yet - most 18 year olds don't. But in his discontinuous form, every stretch where he's on he tyranized the field. Even against Juventus where he had like 3 chances and 3 dribbles leading to chances in 15 minutes or against England IIRC where he and Dembele were fucking up kids throughout the game

If that was true Pep would have used the 50m on him instead

>le never win anything country

>Cristiano was already a star in 2007
stupid ese, he was a star the moment he took bekham's place in manure.

Same here, there's at least 5 new Ronaldinhos and Ronaldos every decade

his price would be way too high for a player that hasn't really accomplished much. If he scores more than 20 this season too and takes Inter back to the CL he'd be valued well over 120m.

This. Asencio and Mbappe are the only ones who could maybe do it. The rest is meme trash

Bales goal in the CdR was better desu

Lel try again in 2019. Nobody is touching the top 2 this year.

>If he works out and makes the body of Ronaldo he ll surpass him

Nah. Ronaldo isn't just an athlete, he's also - like Messi - ridiculously rounded. His quality off both feet, chest control, flick ons, positioning between the lines of defence and his unreal heading are all things that took work and mined the outer limits of his talents. There's no way to be sure what Asencio's limits are.

Cristiano was on the podium of the ballon d'or with Messi and Kakà in 2007.

Top Kek

The manager who paid Josh stones and kyle walkers +100m?

Lemar's price isn't 50M btw