/noise/

/NOISE/

Been a while since I've seen one and thought the new Skin Crime album could jump start things.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!MgVWGYpA!HokMAcwEnDMj5H_42dW0MvHaeocS_2rHQHWoaO3gcAA
soundcloud.com/tupelotree/drake-and-josh-memes
soundcloud.com/myneighborsatan1/last-of-the-great-outlaws
noisey.vice.com/en_ca/article/wn7ja9/ride-the-feedback-a-brief-history-of-guitar-distortion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how did you get into noise? did you just put on a merzbow (or whoever) record one day and was instantly sold, or did you work your way up through less abrasive genres first?

GTT

Worked my up. Started ambient drone stuff that progressively got noisier. The Goslings - Grandeur of Hair, Yellow Swans - Going Places, and Jefre-Cantu-Ledesma - Love is a Stream were the main transitional albums for me. Once I was starting to dig it I looked into various compilation albums and dug into artists featured on them.

Find a release that adheres somewhat to a traditional album structure like pic related (ambient influences also help).

Shit like Pulse Demon is a bad start since it's quite aleatory.

Forgot pic

Here's a link if anyone is interested
>mega.nz/#!MgVWGYpA!HokMAcwEnDMj5H_42dW0MvHaeocS_2rHQHWoaO3gcAA

what do yall think? soundcloud.com/tupelotree/drake-and-josh-memes
am i incorporating noise elements decently?

bumb

You're kind of rushing and the noise's rhythm doesn't really align with your beat. Listen to I Am A Lake Of Burning Orchids and pay attention to her pacing.

if you had to describe to someone who doesn't listen to noise what you like about it, what would you say?

iv'e listened to industrial pretty much since I was a tween and i just gradually found my self listening to noise over the years. Late 20s now and discover a new album everyday in the genre, some stuff is great and stands out, some is very same soundish and not great. Honestly if you dont like something after a few listens or even the first just leave it, theres so much music out there to discover then to just settle for an album that you dont really enjoy.

One day I put on Pic-related, closed my eyes, and then I felt a slow demolition of my shadow self and shit. So I basically use different noise or wall of noise music to purge. I like the feminine aspects in the genre like Pharmakon and Puce Mary, but also I think genres like noise and industrial illustrate a certain aspect of humanity

soundcloud.com/myneighborsatan1/last-of-the-great-outlaws

>harsh noise

God, what a beautiful album
It was by no means my introduction to noise but I could totally see myself just dissolving into it

That's blackened noise, pardner

Is there an article, guide, documentary or some good noise artist interview that covers thoroughly the appeal of noise? If so we should add it to the OP for the next thread, because I'm so sick of every thread having the same questions, I mean I get it, it's probably the hardest genre to get into but EVERY thread and EVERY comment section EVERYWHERE. There's that question.

why dont you write us a copypasta to put in the op if you feel so strongly about it?

i had been listening to increasingly noisy and rough noise rock for years so for me i guess it was sort of a natural escalation. like said, i think the goslings were the first real stepping stone in that direction.

Thanks op I'll give it a listen. That's some really nice looking art.

does this count as noise?

Sounds more like hardcore punk but still pretty cool

I feel like a lot of rock albums have feedback or mini noise pieces that serve at album outros and whatnot. I just wanted to hear more and more of that until I discovered plain noise was a genre.

Yeah they do, what do you think rock music sounded like when it first came out? Actually it was jazz musicians who invented the sound. They were the first ones to use double kick bass drums, blast beats, and turn up the gain on their tube amps so it would be distorted.

bump

of course not

I was listening to all kinds of experimental music
and by the time I got to Lil B and Soulja Boy mixtapes I knew I was ready and able to enjoy any sonic experience

>Actually it was jazz musicians who invented the sound. They were the first ones to use double kick bass drums, blast beats, and turn up the gain on their tube amps so it would be distorted.
nah distortion came from blues, rock'n'roll, country and western swing
noisey.vice.com/en_ca/article/wn7ja9/ride-the-feedback-a-brief-history-of-guitar-distortion

Also no to the blast beat thing since they probably didnt use it as a beat

>gets his music info from vice
Fuck off seriously

Found Genocide Organ way way back on Audiogalaxy back in the day, was intrigued. Went to noise show in my teens, saw a lot of good talent at the time, including an early version of the Rita that included Masa from Bison throwing his wall of amps onto his shitty folding table full of pedals. Understood right then that live noise is a much more visceral experience than listening to it on CD. Bought some pedals and a mixer, started making it myself.

i found my journey started with a love of noisier genres at a young age (fuzzier black metal and lofi music). then i found out about the band parts and labor. fell in love.
then explored similar bands, spin offs, delving as deep as i could into anything more pure noise related at the time.
in 2007 i started going exclusively to noise gigs whenever anything was nearby (or not).

now today i like slightly more subtle noise music.

what do you mean?

Yeah, distortion was a mistake that was used by early rock guitarists.

I think the blast beat stuff is more like speeding up snare triplets and bass 16th notes used by jazz drummers.

Literally none of this has to do with noise btw

It has everything to do with noise. If you want to be a snobby elitist go listen to punk rock.

this was my start

I feel like noise is more about musique concrete and industrial than anything else. Most people that enjoy punk, metal, or other noisy rock subgenres don't like The Rita or Merzbow. But people that listen to Yoko Ono or John Cage are more likely to listen to noise. It's just how it is user, nothing elitist about it

>musique concrete
This. Stuff coming out of the Futurist and Dadaist movements really paved the way.