>Low
>"Heroes"

>*deletes all the Brian Eno snorebient wank from the albums*
Now we have a good LP trilogy.

Fuck outta here

Good bait
This desu
Bad bait

N Eno, you get the fuck outta here. And fuck you for shoehoring your shitty elevator music into the works of actual talented artists. I don't care about you helping Bowie with his addiction. Go be a fucking nurse.

>perfect trilogy
>would only be 2 albums
Lodger was better than Heroes. Fuck off.

But Lodger is fantastic.

How dare you Tbh

Pleb

Bowie's run from Station to Station all the way through Scary Monsters is a run of albums that's very complex & nuanced, but also very serious. Gone is the pastiche of Ziggy & Aladdin, and the over-the-top nigh-on parody of Diamond Dogs and Young Americans.

That said, Lodger does stick out from the 76-80 period, simply because it is pastiche. It's not bad--hell, if any other artist had put together this record, it would probably have been lauded as one of their best--but it's definitely the odd man out from the 76-80 Bowie albums.

Also, the music media/critics of the time labeled this the third album of the Berlin trilogy, but that's not something that Bowie himself consistently reported (also, it's not true). Plus, looking at those three albums as a unit shoves pieces together that don't fit, while simultaneously taking them out of context of Bowie's surrounding output.

And please note, I'm not in any way trying to put down Bowie's early 70's work -- Ziggy Stardust and Diamond Dogs are my two favorite Bowie LPs. But just a few years later, his artistic direction had changed A LOT.

Lodger actually gets better after several listens. The others are just great right away

you're gay

Interesting. I won't disagree with you, but for me personally Lodger pulled me in just as much the first time through as any other Bowie record (African Night Flight is such a trip).

That said, 39 years after I first bought the record, I've listened to it probably hundreds of times...and I don't hold it in quite the same regard as "Heroes" or Scary Monsters

I think at first I was kinda thrown by the variety of the tracks. Whereas Low for example feels much more cohesive. Listening to Lodger on a long walk in the cold was what changed my opinion. It's a great walking album.

Ranking his 70s albums don't mind me.
I didn't include the one we don't talk about.

>Heroes last
Interesting. Why do you hate Fripp user?

I don't hate Fripp.
I hate how people overrate the album and I REALLY hate Sense of Doubt.

It was just kind of a diet Low to me. Not my cup of tea. Some of the acclaim of it I don't get.

I get that. And "Heroes" is my walking album! No lie, walking home from the gym or the store, that album is probably in my headphones more than any other, especially in overcast weather.

I don't think I'm that far off from you, either. Just move Ziggy and "Heroes" up a few, and send Lodger down a bit...though even Young Americans, at the bottom, is still a tremendous album.

Post your ranking. I wanna see how different it is.