Isn't R2D2 the real Mary Sue? This thing far exceeds what an astromech droid should be capable of doing...

Isn't R2D2 the real Mary Sue? This thing far exceeds what an astromech droid should be capable of doing. It routinely outperforms every other droid, and saves the day in almost every film.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1aFqzYAAFPw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

But he's sexy doing it.

Fuck off BB8

>Ep 4
Delivers plans, shuts down trash compactor, works targeting computer
>Ep 5
Almost gets eaten by swamp thing
>Ep 6
Uhh

It's implied R2 has gained sentience/self-awareness and experience throughout his existance faget

he was not added to an exisiting franchise therefore he cannot be a gary Stu
he was like this from the start

you forgot (in no particular order)

>clearly quips and jibes 3PO constantly, has a sense of humor

>has a range of vocalizations which become more complex and nuanced with time, clearly conveying emotion and implying (with higher produciton values) that the character continues to grow and change

>slyly reaches the roof to launch lightsaber over to Luke

>slyly saunters off to find Kenobi, since he doesn't really know Luke yet(?) and doesn't know if he's cool or not

>slyly cuts the message short for the exact same reason-he doesn't know if he can trust Luke at this point

>helpfully puts out a ship afire on his own initiative while everyone else is busy

>helpfully launches CONFUS gas at stormtroopers, casting brief INVIS status

>helpfully zaps Leia out of her chains

If I'm playing an RPG I want R2-D2 in my party. He can't use magic (the force) but he's a rolling swiss army knife, so he's really useful in certain spots like Robo/R66-Y and Jeff Andonuts. You can even make a decent two-character party with just R2 and another strong fighter (Luke), and the odd NPC (Yoda).

youtube.com/watch?v=1aFqzYAAFPw

Mate... does this look like the autism/cringe general to you?

It's why droids get regular mindwipes, to stop them from gaining sentience and essentially being better than humans

This entire board is autism general desu

yes it does look like Sup Forums to me you fucking normie scum

In ep6 he even wields a fucking lightsaber

>a droid is useful
Woah.. no way. It's almost like.. they were created to be helpful woah

...yes

What does 3po do?

be gay

manipulate ewoks and save the galaxy.

yes

Is fluent in over 6 million languages?
Is the god of ewkos?
Is master of quips?

Has a silver leg that you didn't notice until now

These are really basic things for a droid to do and be programmed for, it wasn't untill the prequels that R2D2 became a superhero

He's the punchingbag that keeps the group together. Also he trolled the guards in Star Wars, to get R2D2 and himself back to the ship. You see R2 and 3PO do normal things, like talk and slow motions. Rey is a flying ninja, that can do everything Luke needed training for and 3 movies in half an hour.

Why are you jealous of a droid

Looks like I've triggered the 3poidf lads

i'm pretty sure there is an ewok inside that thing

>ask for an argument
>it is provided to you
>LOL WHY SO TRIGGERED?
Kill yourself reddit.

I think he's a dues ex machinica

notice how I didn't mention anything from the prequels because I don't care about them, no one who matters cares about them, and for all practicing intensive porpoises they didn't happen.

Literally seething