How does the music industry frame this guy as on the level of Prince or Michael Jackson when his music is complete shit?

How does the music industry frame this guy as on the level of Prince or Michael Jackson when his music is complete shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UQrKJoVi6Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=WeeXiTZ4-s8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they're all shit friend

He makes better music than a lot of the other people with his level of success. He's improved a lot, his old stuff was insanely boring but now he makes some fun stuff

It isn't. His music is some of the best pop music coming out today. He consistently puts it quality songs.

Michael Jackson's music was shit too

He makes pop and has a high pitched voice.

it's literally just pastiche of 70s 80s electro funk and boogie

he doesn't have a single original song, "Grenade" is probably the only song he has that wasn't plagiarized

I mean the nigga gets a new lawsuit every couple of weeks, you can google all the funk artists/labels that he's paying royalties to

It's what they like.

grenade is terrible though, his music became bearable when he started ripping off older artists

“Why does the music industry promote shit they’re trying to sell to idiots?”

>Implying he isn't as bad as prince and mj

this

someone explain the appeal of his latest stuff

Says the guy who probably unironically listens to the death grips

>only good song isn't even his
*breathes in*

Michael Jackson Ok I can get. He was first. He danced his whole package was entertaining, but whats with saying Prince was something special? His music production was shit. It doesnt have the same polish and doesnt hold up to Quincys production. He is an average guitar player. Is that why? The guy didnt do much after the 80s. He fucked up Batman with his music as well and just seems like a cunt. Do you buy his cunty shtick where he pretends he is some sort of music genius who doesnt watch tv and shit? Howard Stern roasts him quite well. Pull that up Jamie.

He's an Ashkenazi Jew; I'm sure that's a coincidence and not the reason.

I don't listen to death grips

>The guy didnt do much after the 80s
Are you joking? He released over like 10 more albums. Some of which were really good, they just didn't get publicity because they weren't released under a record label. Check out The Rainbow Children for example.

Good marketing team.

Yes yes he wrote the word slave on his face and then wrote a bunch of forgettable music. We know. Not much different than Stevie Wonder. Generic soul music. See the thing is you NEED the record company to filter out your shit music from the hits. He fucked himself and then tried to be a good goy a little too late.

youtube.com/watch?v=UQrKJoVi6Vk

How? Is that really the question you're asking? Are you retarded?

Music has gotten that fucking shit that they now consider useless cunts like him to be worth a damn.

You would have said the same about Prince and Michael back then, you're not a person who can appreciate music just appreciate it's lack of popularity in the moment.
This is genuinely a pleb tier opinion though.

I had to skip through it as it was obnoxious. So whats impressing you here? The berklee ringers he hired to jam while he wanked on his octaver and then he blows a guitar solo? Sting already did that Jazz crossover (much better) many moons ago. Dude there is nothing in that 10 minutes you cant here at any university shed room on any given day. T. Actual Jazz musician.

When did I say he was ultra revolutionary past the 80s? It doesn't have to be nothing you've ever heard before to still be good.

youtube.com/watch?v=WeeXiTZ4-s8

Is that any better to you?