Why were there X-wings in TFA again?

Why were there X-wings in TFA again?

Budget cuts

We're still using fighters from 40 years ago irl

why'd you make this thread again, you stupid autist

Why isn't the Resistance just the Republic Army?

How did the First Order finance the Starkiller Base? Bigger than anything the Empire created...

Why did they get rid of the TIE Interceptors? Aren't they the more advanced fighters? Same with the B-wings and A-wings...

Even better, we're still using the B-52 (although a heavily upgraded version) and that shit came out in 1955.

Iconic. That's the answer to any problem with TFA. Because it's iconic.

The entire movie is fan service and 'member? callbacks
Nothing has to make sense when its just a 2 hour collage of the OT

Fun Fact: with current USAF plans, the B-52 will be in service 100 years before it's retired.

As far as I know, and in order:

- Republic had different factions that didn't agree on everything, one was the Resistance who wanted to take a more aggresive stance against the First Order, also because it was lead by Leia Organa, hero of the Rebellion, they kinda let her and even gave her some "old" ships

-No fucking idea, it makes no sense, everything in the canon says the First Order is a remnant of the Empire with less resources

-As for TIE we have the First Order TIEs which has a gunner (rear turret), hyperdrive and shields, supposedly is more advanced than the interceptor (no hyperdrive, no shields) yet it looks almost like the iconic TIE. As for B-wings and A-wings, like I said before we only saw the Resistance and everything it has was stuff the Republic gave them out of pity. The starship that lands leia on that forest planet was actually a modified B-wing

Why do they have turbines if they're mostly for space combat where there's no air?

Actually those are called electromagnetic gyros and don't use air

>Why were there X-wings in TFA again?

You can't make a Star Wars movie without an X-Wing. PT is the proof.

>Why isn't the Resistance just the Republic Army?

Was Rebel Alliance a regular army in ANH? They why do you demand they change it for the remake?

>How did the First Order finance the Starkiller Base? Bigger than anything the Empire created...
You can't have Star Wars without Death Star. PT is proof.

>Why did they get rid of the TIE Interceptors?
Only nerd autists know what they are.

>Same with the B-wings and A-wings...
Same answer.

Enough?

I dunno, f4m. The f-16 has been in service for like 40 years with updates. Doesn't seem too far fetched to me.

>Internal consistence is dumb and if you want coherent story you're austist

Nippon still use F4EJ.

The Orion 2 rocket is a far superior design to the disgusting X-Wing.

X-WINGS ARE INDECENT!

>member X wings?

Because JJ is a hack

The USAF just retired the F-4 (albeit only left in the role of target drone) last week.

B-52 is a wonderful plane along with the Tu-95 Bear.

If you have a piece of hardware that works why decommission it? Especially if you don't really have the means to replace it with newer models.

Don't fix what isn't broken.

Sad day for F-4s.

Best korea still use Mig-21. (and supreme lider believes they can crush ANY airforce with this)

Wrong, MIG-21 is the real beauty

believe it or not, but normies don't rewatch OT everyday.

they literally don't remember other spaceships, and that's not some wild guess, that's confirmed by a study performed by Disney

don't worry, they will throw you a bone once in a while

Holy fuck bombing people is so fucking sexy.

I don't mean the ships per se, new x-wing is clearly an updated version of the old one and makes sense while still being an iconic fighter that everybody will recognize, what irks me is that the Firs Order is literally a couple of dudes with no resources but they are able to build something 10 times as big as the death star and when it blows up they treat it like pocket money

I wanted this to be the new TIEs though, the ones in the movie are literally old TIEs but black that magically have hypedrive and shields (when the old ones didn't because NO FUCKING ROOM FOR THAT), it makes no sense

Brazilian main aircraft is still the F5EM.

AT-AT! AT-AT! AT-AT! AT-AT! AT-AT!

In times of peace weaponry doesn't evolve as fast as in times of war

>Just started dating a 19 year old
>We are talking about maybe going to see Rogue One
>She starts talking about how good the prequels were and how she prefers them over the OT
>I just stare into the middle distance while screaming internally until she stops talking then change the subject because she's gorgeous and has sex with me and lets be honest this is probably my last chance of that happening

I thought that people actually liking the prequels was a Sup Forums meme. Fucking young people and retards actually like the fucking things. Ree etc.

they reused the props from the original

ABRAMS IS A HACK

If this is bait, then good job.
Got me fucking enraged.

>Firs Order is literally a couple of dudes with no resources
this is your headcanon, based on logic

in the actual movie, the First Order is just as powerful (or maybe even more powerful), than the Empire.

why? because the stakes had to be exactly the same as in ANH.

>this is your headcanon
No is not, according to canon (which is everything Disney is releasing including books) they're a couple of dudes with no resources, srly:
>The First Order is a remnant born of a war thirty years gone. Yes, they persist, yes, they continue, but by all accounts they do so barely. They are, at best, an ill-organized, poorly equipped, and badly funded group of loyalists who use propaganda and fear to inflate their strength and their importance.
Everything in the books say they are just a shadow of what the Empire was...except they don't, it makes no sense, at least they could add something that tell us, the reader, that this is just a misconception or something, but no, even the people from First Order says it. Again, except in the movie.

It's inconsistent as fuck and it annoys me.

I believe that even in the fucked-up Disney canon, movies still trump books and other media.

And in the movie you saw them having a Death Star III. So work your way backwards from there, and you reach the conclusion they actually have more resources than the Empire.

but that's a Z-95

On one hand, you shouldn't stick your dick in crazy, on the other, you're probably autistic so don't lose your one chance at pussy.

I really hope this is a bad attempt at trolling and you are not completely retarded

The X-wing factory just happens to be Princess Leia's biggest political donor

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

She probably watched them when she was a kid so shea blinded by nostalgia. Dont be a pussy and tell her her opinion on the movie is shit. She might see it in a different light if you bring good arguments.

Oh the irony

>believe it or not, but normies don't rewatch OT everyday.
I don't believe it.

> that's confirmed by a study performed by Disney
Lovely source.

Not sure if this is bait or if you're just retarded.